2019 Macan - Brakes

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2021, 07:25 PM
Macan2019
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2019 Macan - Brakes

Hello Everyone ,
I am new to the Porsche Brand and just bought a 2019 Macan over the holidays with about 10,000 miles on it CPO. However since I have had it for about 3 weeks now I hear this strange grinding noise when I brake but it’s not constant if it’s a soft brake you won’t hear it but the further you push I can hear the slight grinding. Being that the car now only has 11,700 miles on it It’s essentially brand new so I would think the brakes and rotors are still well within their lifespan . However I am not sure , has anyone else experience this, does that typically happen? I’m hoping someone can shed some light on this or some advice . I contacted the dealer today hoping they’ll get back to me by tomorrow as well!

Last edited by Macan2019; 01-06-2021 at 10:35 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 01-06-2021, 09:08 PM
wwahl
Pro

Received 136 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by Macan2019
Hello Everyone ,
I am new to the Porche Brand and just bought a 2019 Macan over the holidays with about 10,000 miles on it CPO. However since I have had it for about 3 weeks now I hear this strange grinding noise when I brake but it’s not constant if it’s a soft brake you won’t hear it but the further you push I can hear the slight grinding. Being that the car now only has 11,700 miles on it It’s essentially brand new so I would think the brakes and rotors are still well within their lifespan . However I am not sure , has anyone else experience this, does that typically happen? I’m hoping someone can shed some light on this or some advice . I contacted the dealer today hoping they’ll get back to me by tomorrow as well!
Sounds like your car was equipped with the anchor option, which is a very secret off the books special. Ask the service manager about this.
Old 01-06-2021, 10:36 PM
Macan2019
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by wwahl
Sounds like your car was equipped with the anchor option, which is a very secret off the books special. Ask the service manager about this.
thanks a lot . So much help ..
Old 01-06-2021, 10:42 PM
Terry Adams
Rennlist Member

Received 920 Likes on 556 Posts

Piece of pebble lodged between the caliper and the rotor?

I had this a couple times. Took it to a DIY wash with a high pressure hose. Gone.
Old 01-06-2021, 10:49 PM
Macan2019
3rd Gear

@Terry Adams
i tried this and I’m still hearing the noise it only seems to appear if I really press on the brake hard if it’s light you don’t hear anything. I’ll try again maybe it’s just lodged very tight in there . Sometimes I know the pebbles lodges in there tight and you hear the screeching as you drive I’ve had this happen in previous cars before . Thank you!
Old 01-07-2021, 06:51 AM
rosen39
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Does your car sit outside overnight in damp weather? Look at them first thing in the morning. These rotors get a light coating of rust just from washing the car. After driving a mile or so, the rust is removed from the braking action.
Old 01-08-2021, 01:25 AM
drcollie
Race Car

Received 4,192 Likes on 1,479 Posts

Try this...get into a parking lot that is wide open and back the Macan in reverse hard and fast, then slam on the brakes while in reverse, get is as fast as you can go while still maintaining control and being safe. Do it three times. If there is a small amount of debris or glaze on the rotors, that often dislodges it. No point doing that more than 3x, however. I find it to be fairly effective and may eliminate that noise you are hearing. I doubt your pads are worn at that mileage, however some vehicles can really go through rear pads (BMW's are famous for this) as they control the dynamic stability on many cars.

Quick Reply: 2019 Macan - Brakes