Macan 2014-Current

Service in Chapel Hill NC Area

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2020, 07:42 PM
stankiyota
Track Day

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Service in Chapel Hill NC Area

We are moving to Chapel Hill NC late this winter and I am looking for two things...

1) recommendation for a good indy mechanic to work on my 2009 911 C2S Cab

2) recommendation for which of the three Porsche dealers in the area to go to if I have warranty issues with my 2018 Macan GTS CPO...Porsche Southpoint or Leith Porsche or Greensboro Porsche???

I have completed my first half 2021 maintenance on the 911...oil change, brake fluid change, brake service, etc...looking ahead to next fall and who I should start scoping out for an indy mechanic.

Let me know if you know anybody that you would recommend in the area.

Thanks.

Stan
Old 12-25-2020, 08:01 PM
NC TRACKRAT
Rennlist Member

Received 450 Likes on 281 Posts

Can't comment on Chapel Hill but can recommend a great indy, European Performance in Raleigh, just a few miles away: https://www.europeanperformance.net/
Old 12-25-2020, 10:54 PM
Terry Adams
Rennlist Member

Received 908 Likes on 546 Posts

Had all my TT service work done at Leith, including the coolant line pin at 89K. Told the S.A. and tech, when they were done to take it out and beat on it. He did, and solid since.

Lucky it occurred at the 90K service mark, so I had a bunch of stuff done "while we're in there".

Nice he knew of Sharkwerks and had no hesitation using all their parts.

Wish my dealer here was like that, but they will use only Porsche parts. Won't even mount non-N tires, let alone pull a screw out and plug it.

Old 12-26-2020, 01:58 AM
runbuh
Pro

Received 182 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by stankiyota
We are moving to Chapel Hill NC late this winter and I am looking for two things...
I can't help, as my knowledge of the area is outdated (Leith had a great reputation 20 years ago), but I can sure be jealous. I hope you enjoy living in Chapel Hill!

Quick Reply: Service in Chapel Hill NC Area