Interior Panel Dismantle

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2020, 07:29 PM
cthreefive
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interior Panel Dismantle

Hey all,

Just picked up a CPO 19 Macan S with 6000 miles which is my first Porsche. Love this thing!

Anyways, wanted to install a dashcam system. I am thinking the Thinkware u1000 2 channel complete with a battery pack.
I'm comfortable removing / installing from A pillar towards rearview mirror portion. However, wondering if anyone has ever taken apart the floor covering (Pic: Where the Macan S is written)
as I want to hide the wiring from the fuse box underneath to where the driver seat is as that's where I'll be placing the battery backup.

Additionally, for the rear camera, I will adjust the wiring above and around the airbags, but wondering if anyone has done this around the hatch area w/o exposing the wiring.

I've worked on interiors of cars to install stuff like this, but seeing as its my new Porsche, hands are shaky haha.

Thanks

PS: Yes, I will post complete pictures once I manage to finish this project for future reference for others.
Old 12-23-2020, 04:54 PM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,299 Likes on 1,366 Posts

I wonder for the rear camera, why not use RF and forget about running wires? That's what I did on my Touareg when I replaced my camera & HU. Please note that the OEM camera on VDubs (and I would assume Porsche as well) are RGB electrical signals contrary to most aftermarket cameras. I don't think peeling the carpet is rocket science though there may be some glue involved as well as it being held down by the door sill.

Good luck!

siberian

Quick Reply: Interior Panel Dismantle