Macan 2014-Current

Color choices - HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2020, 01:37 PM
Phil G.
Race Car

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Color choices - HELP!

This is a first world problem, I know. But, I need to lock in my build by 12/15 (Tuesday), so need some advice. I have ordered a new '21 GTS in Dolomite with full black leather, a safe choice. I really do love the silver - close to the GT Silver I had on my 981S. Went to the dealership this morning and saw a Night Blue Turbo with Natural Expresso Leather. The interior is drop dead gorgeous. I understand color choices are very subjective. The Night Blue is very dark, and to me, doesn't do much for the Macan. The combination with Natural leather works and is very pretty, but I still like the Silver better. I would order Dolomite Silver over Natural Leather, but not sure if it would work. Does anyone have one or seen one in this combination? If the group really thinks it's "iffy," I'll stick with silver/black. The other issue with the Night Blue is the lack of contrast with black pipes, and I'd delete the Sport Design package because the shiny black blades would not add much contrast - another reason I ordered the silver/black with that package. So, any comments would be helpful here - really appreciate your input.
Old 12-13-2020, 05:08 PM
tk-porsche
Racer

Received 61 Likes on 54 Posts

I have been always partial to more neutral shades of chestnut, tan, or brown. In hot, sunny climates, black interiors become ovens. Really light colors show every spec of dirt. You are right, though, that it's very subjective. Get what you like and don't worry about it unless resale is a genuine concern.
The following users liked this post:
Phil G. (12-14-2020)
Old 12-13-2020, 06:16 PM
Phil G.
Race Car

Originally Posted by tk-porsche
I have been always partial to more neutral shades of chestnut, tan, or brown. In hot, sunny climates, black interiors become ovens. Really light colors show every spec of dirt. You are right, though, that it's very subjective. Get what you like and don't worry about it unless resale is a genuine concern.
I agree, but as much as I love the natural leather, I’m afraid it might just not work with a silver car. Anyone seen the combination or have a couple of pics? Need to finalize my order in two days.

Last edited by Phil G.; 12-13-2020 at 06:17 PM.
Old 12-13-2020, 08:39 PM
T3X4S
Racer

Received 150 Likes on 100 Posts

I don't see any color "clash" with silver on natural espresso. It would make your GTS even more unique.
mdubya (12-17-2020)
Old 12-14-2020, 07:20 AM
MAPC
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Color is very personal

Originally Posted by Phil G.
This is a first world problem, I know. But, I need to lock in my build by 12/15 (Tuesday), so need some advice. I have ordered a new '21 GTS in Dolomite with full black leather, a safe choice. I really do love the silver - close to the GT Silver I had on my 981S. Went to the dealership this morning and saw a Night Blue Turbo with Natural Expresso Leather. The interior is drop dead gorgeous. I understand color choices are very subjective. The Night Blue is very dark, and to me, doesn't do much for the Macan. The combination with Natural leather works and is very pretty, but I still like the Silver better. I would order Dolomite Silver over Natural Leather, but not sure if it would work. Does anyone have one or seen one in this combination? If the group really thinks it's "iffy," I'll stick with silver/black. The other issue with the Night Blue is the lack of contrast with black pipes, and I'd delete the Sport Design package because the shiny black blades would not add much contrast - another reason I ordered the silver/black with that package. So, any comments would be helpful here - really appreciate your input.
I think that GTS' look best in lighter colors so that the black trim can contrast. Dolomite is a great color on the GTS. Color is highly personal and for me I wouldn't like Dolomite with Espresso.

I love Night Blue- but only on S or Turbo as it looks great with the bright trim.

if you want Espresso- have you considered Chalk instead of Dolomite? It is a sharp combo.

I preferred mine in Chalk with Garnet/Black- which I love. I didn't like paying extra for the Chalk paint and would have done the Dolomite instead had my last Macan not been Rhodium and I wanted a change.
Old 12-14-2020, 09:17 AM
OliverK68
Burning Brakes

Received 385 Likes on 223 Posts

The espresso isn’t far off from the black so you should be fine. Go for it.

Old 12-14-2020, 09:44 AM
Phil G.
Race Car

Originally Posted by MAPC
I think that GTS' look best in lighter colors so that the black trim can contrast. Dolomite is a great color on the GTS. Color is highly personal and for me I wouldn't like Dolomite with Espresso.

I love Night Blue- but only on S or Turbo as it looks great with the bright trim.

if you want Espresso- have you considered Chalk instead of Dolomite? It is a sharp combo.

I preferred mine in Chalk with Garnet/Black- which I love. I didn't like paying extra for the Chalk paint and would have done the Dolomite instead had my last Macan not been Rhodium and I wanted a change.
I actually did consider Chalk which would work very well with espresso, but don't love the color enough to order it. Agree with your points on Night Blue completely. I really want to stick with Dolomite, and honestly I think I'm going to stay with black full leather instead of going with espresso, as beautiful as that leather is. I think with silver, espresso would be close, but wouldn't be quite right. It's also introducing another color to the silver and black, which is a bit much. Going out for one more look today. Then it's done. Thanks!

Last edited by Phil G.; 12-14-2020 at 09:46 AM.
Old 12-14-2020, 09:49 AM
Phil G.
Race Car

Originally Posted by OliverK68
The espresso isn’t far off from the black so you should be fine. Go for it.
See my last post. I've been trying to justify it, but having a hard time. Will likely stay with Dolomite over full black leather.
Old 12-15-2020, 07:30 PM
rasetsu
Three Wheelin'

Received 857 Likes on 526 Posts

Just get what you want! I've seen dark brown interiors on silver 911s and it looks fantastic. Definitely more special that gray scale silver over black.
Old 12-15-2020, 08:40 PM
GratedWasabi
Racer

Received 311 Likes on 164 Posts

The natural leather in Espresso looks terrible, like a 70 year old's living room. It's the worst color of leather Porsche does.
Old 12-15-2020, 09:51 PM
Dkk16
Racer

Received 65 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by GratedWasabi
The natural leather in Espresso looks terrible, like a 70 year old's living room. It's the worst color of leather Porsche does.
SO here we go... I have Full Natural Leather on my 2019 Targa, CWM exterior.. ABSOLUTLEY GORGOUS!!!

Personally I have never seen a silver that is attractive. To me, silvers are a lazy color.

That DBM w/ Espresso would look great.

I am building a 'S" for January and need SBM exterior. Struggling with interior. Don't like Black.

CONGRATS on your GTS!! Let us know what you decide on!
Old 12-15-2020, 10:38 PM
rasetsu
Three Wheelin'

Received 857 Likes on 526 Posts

Originally Posted by Dkk16
SO here we go... I have Full Natural Leather on my 2019 Targa, CWM exterior.. ABSOLUTLEY GORGOUS!!!

Personally I have never seen a silver that is attractive. To me, silvers are a lazy color.

That DBM w/ Espresso would look great.

I am building a 'S" for January and need SBM exterior. Struggling with interior. Don't like Black.

CONGRATS on your GTS!! Let us know what you decide on!
I'm 100% with you. I'm guessing "SBM" is sapphire blue? That's my color. I didn't want black interior either. Decided on partial red/black interior. It's not for everyone but works very well IMO. I would have liked full leather but that would have been too much red for me. Next choice was natural leather espresso but I didn't want to spend the money. I suppose agate would have worked too.

Beige is much more "old person" car interior to me.

Last edited by rasetsu; 12-15-2020 at 10:53 PM.
Old 12-16-2020, 03:48 PM
ABORh911
Advanced

Received 36 Likes on 23 Posts

I have a Rhodium Silver 2018 GTS with black leather and silver belts/stitching - after almost a year of ownership, I still smile every time I open the door and look inside!
To me, you can't go wrong with silver/black.
I also think that the Night Blue with Espresso is a gorgeous combo, but much better suited to an S or Turbo.
Good luck with your decision!!!
Phil G. (12-25-2020)
Old 12-17-2020, 11:59 AM
CarGuyNVA
Drifting

Received 163 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by Phil G.
I understand color choices are very subjective.
Fellow Rennlister, it all comes down to what you said right here ^^.

We can give you our opinions all day long and make suggestions, and sometimes that helps in that it may give you a color combo you hadn’t considered initially, but in the end it’s really gonna come down to YOU on this one. A very subjective decision indeed. Look around at all the color combos you can, and then trust your gut.
Phil G. (12-17-2020)
Old 12-17-2020, 12:13 PM
sctw
Advanced

Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

Was undecided between Dolomite Silver and Midnight Blue for my 2020 S. In the end went with Dolomite Silver with partial Garnet Red interior (previous car was a similar dark blue with espresso interior and def. wanted a change). Absolutely NO regrets - Love the silver and so much easier to keep clean vs. dark colors. For the interior, black is safe but espresso would like really nice as well. Good luck.

Quick Reply: Color choices - HELP!