Notices
Macan 2014-Current

Macan GTS held at port

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2020 | 10:30 AM
Boulder Mike
Pro

Default Macan GTS held at port

I just received the following email form my dealer re my Macan GTS status. Anyone hearing anything different? I was originally told the Macan base was being held due to emissions but this did not impact the GTS.

“All Macan S and GTS models are on a “parts hold” at the port. Porsche does not give us any details on the delay. We should see the Macan closer to the middle of the month. I will keep you posted as the status changes.”
Old 11-07-2020 | 11:33 AM
2021Macan
Advanced

Originally Posted by Boulder Mike
I just received the following email form my dealer re my Macan GTS status. Anyone hearing anything different? I was originally told the Macan base was being held due to emissions but this did not impact the GTS.

“All Macan S and GTS models are on a “parts hold” at the port. Porsche does not give us any details on the delay. We should see the Macan closer to the middle of the month. I will keep you posted as the status changes.”
My wife and I are also waiting the arrival of our GTS. The ship docked at the Houston port late last week, but we've heard nothing further since. I plan to contact my SA on Monday to get the status...

Last edited by 2021Macan; 11-07-2020 at 11:35 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Boulder Mike (11-07-2020)
Old 11-07-2020 | 06:30 PM
T3X4S
Racer

I wonder what a "parts" hold is. My local dealers as well a large volume FL dealer have several MY21 Macan S and GTS for sale on their websites.

Last edited by T3X4S; 11-07-2020 at 06:31 PM.
Boulder Mike (11-08-2020)
Old 11-07-2020 | 06:33 PM
Boulder Mike
Pro

Originally Posted by T3X4S
I wonder what a "parts" hold is. My local dealers as well a large volume FL dealer have several MY21 Macan S and GTS for sale on their websites.
not sure. I assume so.
Old 11-07-2020 | 08:09 PM
Jellybean
Intermediate

I am so sorry that your dealer has sent this note. I hate to say this but I call BS on this.

I had a December 3 delivery scheduled at PEC in Atlanta and on the 24 of October I got an email from PEC saying the cars have been released. So if PEC (AKA in my book, the Mother Ship) is saying cars are released and deliveries can happen why can’t the rest of the states deliver the new cars. So I am happy to say I am heading to PEC on November 20th to pick up my new baby.

I was just up at my dealer today signing the paperwork and I saw your note when my SA was off doing something so I asked him if he has gotten their Macan S’s in and he told me that he just delivered a custom ordered S this morning and the other 2 Macan S’s are on the way. So if little old South Carolina is delivering GTS’s and S’s the rest of the states should be able to.

I know on the Macan Forum group quite a few guys have gotten their GTS’s a couple of them on October 31st.

Now I did ask about the 911’s that are still being held hostage at the port and his computer is say that they should have been released on the 6th, at the dealer on the 13th. But they have not left the port yet.

He was sharing that he has NO inventory of 2021 cars besides a bunch of Cayenne and Cayenne Coupes they just got in. He has a guy who ordered a 911, and his car has been sitting in Jacksonville since early September when it got over to the states.

Old 11-08-2020 | 11:13 AM
Boulder Mike
Pro

Thanks for your response Jelly Bean. I’m glad your car delivery got moved up! I’m guessing (and just a guess) that mine was damaged in delivery and the message is code for they need time to fix it.

would appreciate if anyone reading this thread would let me know if you ever received this message and if so whether you received more clarification. Thx to all.
Old 11-08-2020 | 11:17 AM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Yea I saw the 2021 Macan lineup was just approved.
Old 11-08-2020 | 03:50 PM
AP997S
Pro

As a result issues a back in 2018/2019 all new models from Volkswagen (Porsche included) are being scrutinized very carefully by EPA testers. The 2020 Macan Turbo's sat in various US ports for months until they were given the green light by the EPA certifiers.
Old 11-08-2020 | 06:17 PM
Otakugamer
Advanced

My understanding is that there are small parts that are final assembled on the cars when they roll off the ship (e.g., certain fragile parts that may come apart during the voyage) and it is possible that the “parts hold” may be related to that - they could be awaiting some of those parts or need to fix something as part of the final assembly process.

Old 11-08-2020 | 07:02 PM
Boulder Mike
Pro

Originally Posted by Otakugamer
My understanding is that there are small parts that are final assembled on the cars when they roll off the ship (e.g., certain fragile parts that may come apart during the voyage) and it is possible that the “parts hold” may be related to that - they could be awaiting some of those parts or need to fix something as part of the final assembly process.
Thanks. Your explanation makes a lot of sense.
Old 11-09-2020 | 12:10 PM
n2cars
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Otakugamer
^
This
Boulder Mike, I had a "parts hold" back in 2010. It literally was a part that the port was waiting on from Porsche. Car was fine.
Boulder Mike (11-09-2020)
Old 11-09-2020 | 09:26 PM
Boulder Mike
Pro

Originally Posted by n2cars
^
This
Boulder Mike, I had a "parts hold" back in 2010. It literally was a part that the port was waiting on from Porsche. Car was fine.
Thank you. I’m just going to kick back, relax and wait patiently for it to show up.
Old 11-09-2020 | 10:05 PM
seanhaus
Rennlist Member

Ah man, your username makes me miss snagging some food over at The Kitchen after an epic bike ride up Old Stage Road. Boulder is the best (followed up closely by Saratoga!)

Anyhow, I had a parts hold on an Audi I ordered back in 2014. Believe it or not, but it was due to the wiring harness for the pre-installed hitch - the car was at port for an extra week or so.
Old 11-09-2020 | 11:38 PM
2021Macan
Advanced

Default Finally!

Just received word from our SA that our "GTS has been assigned a transport and is on the move." So, assuming all goes well, it should finally be here in the next couple of days.
The following 2 users liked this post by 2021Macan:
Boulder Mike (11-10-2020), T3X4S (11-10-2020)
Old 11-10-2020 | 08:02 PM
Boulder Mike
Pro

Originally Posted by seanhaus
Ah man, your username makes me miss snagging some food over at The Kitchen after an epic bike ride up Old Stage Road. Boulder is the best (followed up closely by Saratoga!)

Anyhow, I had a parts hold on an Audi I ordered back in 2014. Believe it or not, but it was due to the wiring harness for the pre-installed hitch - the car was at port for an extra week or so.
Pre-pandemic my wife and I went to The Kitchen and Oak all the time (we live 2 blocks away). Now it’s mostly takeout. Old stage is quite the epic ride. I have friends into competitive cycling and Mtn biking here and I don’t know how they do it. It looks painful (see also Mooty’s thread). I get my fix by doing easy stuff like rock climbing, hiking, 14ers, etc. Great workout but MUCH easier than biking up old stage road! Thanks for your note!
seanhaus (11-11-2020)

Quick Reply: Macan GTS held at port