Macan 2014-Current

How to install a Pedal Commander on a Porsche Macan

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2020, 11:28 PM
SaulV
Intermediate

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts
Default How to install a Pedal Commander on a Porsche Macan

Pedal Commander how to guide DIY Install on a Porsche Macan. We struggled a bit getting the bolt back in but removing it was a breeze, Very fast and easy mod that I can promise will wake up your car and your Smiles per Mile on the Macan. After much research online, did find a Q5 install but i figured making one of these for an actual Macan may help other owners.

Tools used:
Torx Head Drill Bit Set (You will use the T30 Torx Bit)

Any Screw driver and or drill but of your choice to fit the T30 Torx Bit

Per the Brochure:

FASTER ACCELERATION: The Pedal Commander system eliminates the delay from your electronic gas pedal, allowing your Porsche Macan to accelerate faster, giving your vehicle a night/day difference in performance
36 ADJUSTABLE SETTINGS: Equipped with 4 different modes: Eco, City, Sport, and Sport +. Each mode has an additional 9 adjustable settings to fine-tune to your liking, making this the best Porsche Macan accessory.
GAS SAVINGS: The Pedal Commander’s significantly slow response can increase your Porsche Macan MPG and save you up to 20% in fuel economy.
QUICK & EASY INSTALLATION: Pedal Commander is a simple plug-and-play device that takes only about 5 minutes to install. Now Bluetooth compatible so you can control the unit using our free Pedal Commander app.
WILL NOT VOID YOUR WARRANTY: Pedal Commander will not void the warranty on your Porsche Macan or leave any traces behind on your ECU.

I am curious to see if a piggy back ECU Tuner and a Pedal Commander can provide as good of a power increase as a Cobb Tune since the idea behind the two combined is basically the same.

Last edited by SaulV; 10-31-2020 at 01:41 AM.
The following users liked this post:
OliverK68 (12-08-2020)
Old 12-08-2020, 03:16 PM
OliverK68
Burning Brakes

Received 385 Likes on 223 Posts

Installed one of these yesterday. The lag from a dead stop in my 2020 base, especially when trying to squirt across a busy street or merge into traffic always annoyed me.

First impressions are positive. It doesn’t completely mask the boost threshold delay but it definitely helps.

I dropped the pedal down to access the connector, but in retrospect, I think if one can slide up the red tab on the connector, that may not be necessary.

Quick Reply: How to install a Pedal Commander on a Porsche Macan