Notices
Macan 2014-Current

Does the 2020 Macan (all trims) have instant throttle response in comfort mode?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2020, 03:33 PM
SillyGoose
Racer

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Does the 2020 Macan (all trims) have instant throttle response in comfort mode?

Just wanted to compare it to the Panamera's throttle response for the ICE models
Old 07-13-2020, 03:43 PM
OliverK68
Burning Brakes

Received 389 Likes on 226 Posts

Originally Posted by SillyGoose
Just wanted to compare it to the Panamera's throttle response for the ICE models
In normal mode, Base Macan is noticeably laggy from a dead stop until the revs get over the boost threshold.

Sport mode has much better response from a dead stop.
Old 07-13-2020, 03:49 PM
SillyGoose
Racer

Originally Posted by OliverK68
In normal mode, Base Macan is noticeably laggy from a dead stop until the revs get over the boost threshold.

Heh, looks like its got the same problem as the Panamera. Driving in sport mode is a bit overkill and another user said over in the Panamera forum that he switches between sport and comfort constantly. Not sure what to do here except get ssomething like Sprint Booster.
Old 07-13-2020, 04:25 PM
OliverK68
Burning Brakes

Heh, looks like its got the same problem as the Panamera. Driving in sport mode is a bit overkill and another user said over in the Panamera forum that he switches between sport and comfort constantly. Not sure what to do here except get ssomething like Sprint Booster.

Depending on my mood, I’ll switch to manual shifting and Sport for better throttle response and lower-RPM shifting.

Old 07-13-2020, 04:39 PM
fsts2k
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

This is one of the times where I wish you could customize some of the settings. I would far prefer a throttle mapping more akin to Sport but the shifting pattern like comfort for everyday driving.

I drive around switching between those two often (well actually Sport+) simply for better throttle response. I don't love that the car squats lower and suspension firms up just to get better response.
Old 07-13-2020, 05:23 PM
OliverK68
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by fsts2k
This is one of the times where I wish you could customize some of the settings. I would far prefer a throttle mapping more akin to Sport but the shifting pattern like comfort for everyday driving.

I drive around switching between those two often (well actually Sport+) simply for better throttle response. I don't love that the car squats lower and suspension firms up just to get better response.
Sport+ implies you have sport Chrono. In my 991.2, I can customize suspension settings in Individual Mode. (No SC in my Macan.)

Is that the case for Macans with SC?
Old 07-13-2020, 05:56 PM
fsts2k
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

Sport+ implies you have sport Chrono. In my 991.2, I can customize suspension settings in Individual Mode. (No SC in my Macan.)

Is that the case for Macans with SC?
I do have Sport Chrono. I don't know but I am totally willing to try this out. What is individual mode? I have been through the manual a few times and have not seen this although I am happy to admit if I missed something
Old 07-13-2020, 07:10 PM
OliverK68
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by fsts2k
I do have Sport Chrono. I don't know but I am totally willing to try this out. What is individual mode? I have been through the manual a few times and have not seen this although I am happy to admit if I missed something
Later model Macans with SC have a selector dial on the steering wheel Not sure which year this would be. The dial has an “I” for “Individual” which allows limited combinations of various suspension and sport settings.
Old 07-13-2020, 07:13 PM
PSEE
Pro

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

With a 2015 Macan Turbo with Sport Chrono and Air Suspension, I can:

1. Set the PASM to Normal, Sport or Sport+

2. Set the ride height to Normal, Low or Off-Road

3. Set the throttle mapping/shift points to: Sport or Sport+ (Normal is not selecting either of these)

I typically drive with PASM set to Sport or Sport+, unless it's a crappy road, then Normal and the ride height set to Low
(with the Cargraphics unit enabled)

There's nothing called Individual in this vehicle.

Old 07-13-2020, 11:50 PM
tgcrun
Three Wheelin'

Received 440 Likes on 234 Posts

My 2020 Macan S with SC has an individual mode. I have it set with normal chassis, sport + throttle and gearbox mapping, and low air suspension setting.
Old 07-14-2020, 01:16 AM
SillyGoose
Racer

Originally Posted by tgcrun
My 2020 Macan S with SC has an individual mode. I have it set with normal chassis, sport + throttle and gearbox mapping, and low air suspension setting.
How does it drive? Do you leave it on this setting most of the time?
Old 07-17-2020, 11:02 PM
tgcrun
Three Wheelin'

How does it drive? Do you leave it on this setting most of the time?
I generally drive in Individual or Sport+ and sometimes just Sport. If I'm tooling around town or driving on the highway, I use Individual mode. The ride is nice and the throttle response is excellent. For winding backroads, it's Sports+. It firms up the suspension for spirited driving, but it's not harsh.
Old 07-22-2020, 01:20 PM
kayjh
Drifting

Received 712 Likes on 497 Posts

If one is looking at a Macan S with some options, the better choice is the GTS. It is simply brilliant. I notice no turbo lag and a fabulous ride with the standard air suspension and 20" tires. It is really the standout in its class.
Old 07-22-2020, 10:01 PM
tgcrun
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by kayjh
If one is looking at a Macan S with some options, the better choice is the GTS. It is simply brilliant. I notice no turbo lag and a fabulous ride with the standard air suspension and 20" tires. It is really the standout in its class.
The GTS wasn't available when I ordered mine, but if it was, I'd be driving a GTS.
Old 07-24-2020, 10:40 PM
2021Macan
Advanced

Originally Posted by tgcrun
The GTS wasn't available when I ordered mine, but if it was, I'd be driving a GTS.
I have a 2021 GTS on order, and have specked 21" Spyder wheels with summer tires. For those who already have a 2020 GTS with the 21" wheel/tire size, do you find the ride over average road surfaces too harsh? I still have time to switch to 20" wheels and rubber for ride considerations, but I really do like the look of the 21" Spyders. The trade off between performance and ride quality is what I'm trying to get a better handle on.

Quick Reply: Does the 2020 Macan (all trims) have instant throttle response in comfort mode?