Macan 2014-Current

Macan S Brake Pads

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2020, 06:07 PM
Georgiadawg
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Macan S Brake Pads

I am going to change the brake pads on my Macan S. It is a drive around town car used by my wife. Is it desirable to change to ceramic pads or use Porsche OEM pads or something else?
Thanks,
Georgiadawg
Old 06-29-2020, 09:01 PM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,319 Likes on 1,378 Posts

Do not put ceramic pads on regular rotors they will be chewed up in no time. Replace with comparable pads. If you want to go ceramic you need to change rotors; not sure if there's any coding to be updated via PIWIS or Launch.
Afterthought and just in case, you will need to electronically retract the pads (via PIWIS or Launch or...), do not use snap ring pliers as in the olden days to retract the pads or you'll damage the motor.

siberian

The best long distance runners eat raw meat, run naked and sleep in the snow

Last edited by siberian; 06-29-2020 at 10:19 PM.
Old 07-06-2020, 01:59 PM
BIG smoke
Drifting

Received 146 Likes on 115 Posts
Wink

[QUOTE=siberian;16738289]Do not put ceramic pads on regular rotors they will be chewed up in no time. Replace with comparable pads. If you want to go ceramic you need to change rotors; not sure if there's any coding to be updated via PIWIS or Launch.
Afterthought and just in case, you will need to electronically retract the pads (via PIWIS or Launch or...), do not use snap ring pliers as in the olden days to retract the pads or you'll damage the motor.

siberian

X 2 - regular pads. If this is your wife's car? Don't change a thing, not your car, don't meddle. Just fix it, extinguish need gas light, etc. That is your job.
Old 07-06-2020, 02:04 PM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,319 Likes on 1,378 Posts

Well no, I wouldn't go that far. Do modify/enhance your wife's car but not to where it's detrimental as in replacing OEM pads with ceramics without replacing rotors etc.

siberian

The best long distance runners eat raw meat, run naked and sleep in the snow

Quick Reply: Macan S Brake Pads