Notices
Macan 2014-Current

First Mod completed

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2020 | 04:30 PM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

You can always drop the belly pan if you so choose, nothing prevents it whether you have an access panel or not. As to the oil filter please see the above post. For 2020 the oil filters are on top front of the engine you don't need to crawl underneath.

siberian
Old 10-29-2020 | 08:23 PM
///Bruce
Pro

To my previous point, less reason to look under your vehicle to inspect for any fluid leaks. Good luck.
Old 10-29-2020 | 09:00 PM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Don't want to belabor this as everyone does what they feel is right, but if you have a leak, it's not once or twice a year that you will discover it by removing (the so called) skid plate.

If you have a one it will show both on the floor of your garage, driveway, and in your digital dipstick. Also the 4 inch hole allows your hand to go in and feel if there's any oil deposit while shining a light into it. I still have to get under the car just pry the access "panel" off but not waste time and effort removing this flimsy cover P calls a skid plate.

siberian

Last edited by siberian; 10-29-2020 at 09:04 PM.
Old 10-29-2020 | 09:41 PM
///Bruce
Pro

Originally Posted by siberian
Don't want to belabor this as everyone does what they feel is right, but if you have a leak, it's not once or twice a year that you will discover it by removing (the so called) skid plate.

If you have a one it will show both on the floor of your garage, driveway, and in your digital dipstick. Also the 4 inch hole allows your hand to go in and feel if there's any oil deposit while shining a light into it. I still have to get under the car just pry the access "panel" off but not waste time and effort removing this flimsy cover P calls a skid plate.

siberian
I have a pit bull. Actually he’s a staffordshire terrier. Nine years old. I’ve attached my first one (cropped ears) and my current one. I will not own an aggressive dog. The same way I will not drive a Porsche that was originally priced for $98k in 2018 with an oil leak.

Both love(d) the water. The pointed eared one loved to go Hobie sailing. My current one just thinks he’s a lab.

Quick Reply: First Mod completed