Macan 2014-Current

Carplay and PCM issues

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2020, 02:17 PM
993*David
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Carplay and PCM issues

Hi there. Having some issues that are new, I think. 2020 Macan.

1. When carplay is active and I am playing the radio through the PCM, when I activate the voice input button on the steering column stalk, carplay responds but the sound through the PCM doesn't mute or diminish so I have to manually mute it.
2. When I close carplay, the voice input button doesn't respond with regard to the PCM controls.

I have reset the PCM to no avail. Any thoughts?
Old 06-22-2020, 07:41 PM
shaf
Advanced

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

I have many issues as well. It is a very poor implementation. We also have an Audi and it is great. Same company, why not same software.
Old 06-23-2020, 12:29 PM
JDailey
Instructor

Received 99 Likes on 48 Posts

Honestly, I've never liked the CarPlay integration either on my 2019 Audi Q5 (Lemon) or my 2020 Porsche Macan. I have all of my music on a 32GB SD card in the arm rest and I simply use that. It's easy. For navigation, I use Porsche's built-in system, and it works well enough for me. If CarPlay were a standalone option, that's a box I would leave unchecked.

-James
Seattle, WA
Old 06-27-2020, 12:39 AM
tgcrun
Three Wheelin'

Received 438 Likes on 234 Posts

Most of the time CarPlay works fine, but every once and a while the PCM won't connect to my phone either via Bluetooth or using the USB cord. It's connected for phone calls but not CarPlay. When it's connected it works very nicely. OP, are you using your voice control button property? When you're just using PCM, you push and release it quickly. When you're using CarPlay, you hold it in. In each case whatever you're playing should mute and the disembodied voice should be easily heard. I never have a problem using voice commands.
The following users liked this post:
993*David (06-27-2020)
Old 06-27-2020, 08:03 AM
JohnnySala
5th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try the following steps Carplay Not Connecting. See if that helps you with anything.

Wish you luck.
The following users liked this post:
993*David (06-27-2020)
Old 06-27-2020, 05:41 PM
993*David
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by tgcrun
Most of the time CarPlay works fine, but every once and a while the PCM won't connect to my phone either via Bluetooth or using the USB cord. It's connected for phone calls but not CarPlay. When it's connected it works very nicely. OP, are you using your voice control button property? When you're just using PCM, you push and release it quickly. When you're using CarPlay, you hold it in. In each case whatever you're playing should mute and the disembodied voice should be easily heard. I never have a problem using voice commands.
Aaaaahhhhh...! Short tap vs long press, who knew! Thanks so much tgcrun.

Just one issue remains: When you are using the PCM (radio) and CarPlay is active and you do a long press for CarPlay, does the radio mute or dimish to allow a voice command to CarPlay?
Old 06-30-2020, 12:07 AM
tgcrun
Three Wheelin'

Received 438 Likes on 234 Posts

Using both the short press for PCM or the long press for CarPlay should mute your music so that you can give a command and hear a response.

Quick Reply: Carplay and PCM issues