Notices
Macan 2014-Current

Macan GTS + ED

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2020 | 08:22 PM
WenigerAberBeser
Rennlist Member

Default Macan GTS + ED

I’ve never bought a new non-911 from a Porsche dealer but thinking about trading in our Cayenne for a new Macan GTS and doing euro delivery. Talked to two dealers and they are both saying no discount for ED. Before pulling the trigger, has anyone else had any luck negotiating below MSRP on an ED Macan GTS? What about discount w/o ED? I hate leaving easy money on the table. Thanks.
Old 01-04-2020 | 12:53 PM
Pavegeno928
Rennlist Member

I got 6% off my '19 Macan S ED back in January 2019 for a July 2019 delivery. The new Macan didn't her the dealerships until several months later. We thoroughly enjoyed the experience.

ED doesn't cost anything to the buyer like it used to (about $3k option several years back). The dealer pays the fee now, but they get an extra car allocation (where they can make more profit) from the factory for any EDs so everyone wins.

With the GTS not being a limited edition run, you should be able to easily get something around 5 % off depending on your location. If your local dealer is not working with you, try another, and another. You will find someone within a few states.

When you finish your time Europe, your vehicle will be shipped to the dealer where they will prep the car. You can then go pick it up.

Good luck!
The following users liked this post:
fjpdds (01-09-2020)
Old 01-04-2020 | 01:02 PM
WenigerAberBeser
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Pavegeno928
I got 6% off my '19 Macan S ED back in January 2019 for a July 2019 delivery. The new Macan didn't her the dealerships until several months later. We thoroughly enjoyed the experience.

ED doesn't cost anything to the buyer like it used to (about $3k option several years back). The dealer pays the fee now, but they get an extra car allocation (where they can make more profit) from the factory for any EDs so everyone wins.

With the GTS not being a limited edition run, you should be able to easily get something around 5 % off depending on your location. If your local dealer is not working with you, try another, and another. You will find someone within a few states.

When you finish your time Europe, your vehicle will be shipped to the dealer where they will prep the car. You can then go pick it up.

Good luck!
excellent post, thank you
Old 01-09-2020 | 08:10 PM
Liste-Renn
Rennlist Member

Send me a PM about your questions. I did an ED and did get a discount over and above the dealer $3K carve out. Easier to get my phone # via PM and talk. I have posted long descriptions of my Macan GTS ED, but they centered on the European experience vice the dealer negotiation.

Quick Reply: Macan GTS + ED