Notices
Macan 2014-Current

What's a better deal: late model CPO /w low miles or new + extended warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2019, 02:21 PM
tk-porsche
Racer

Received 61 Likes on 54 Posts
Default What's a better deal: late model CPO /w low miles or new + extended warranty?

Here's a question: What is more economical long-term? If you could get now, say a 2019 CPO model with something like only 4k or 5k miles on it and drive it close to 3.5 more years plus leverage the additional 2 years / unlimited miles once you hit the age cut-off for the warranty at 4 years or 50k miles (which ever comes first), is that a better overall cost vs. buying brand new and presumably being able to extend the warranty at extra cost for two years past the 4-year/50k mile warranty, if that's even an option and depending what the cost of that would be? The other point to balance would be factoring in the service agreement on a new vehicle vs. having to pay out of pocket for the CPO. Thoughts, experiences ... ?
Thank you in advance.
Old 12-15-2019, 08:31 PM
tk-porsche
Racer

Received 61 Likes on 54 Posts

If for some reason a reply isn't working, fee free to PM me.
Old 12-16-2019, 06:38 PM
Otakugamer
Advanced

Received 42 Likes on 27 Posts

No one has responded so I'll throw in my non-expert opinion.

From a financial perspective the general consensus is to buy used rather than new due to off-the-lot depreciation. So that is generally more economical. Repairs and breakdowns cannot easily be forecasted or predicted, so all things equal, I would vote buying used (CPO) rather than new if you are looking for the economical option.
The following users liked this post:
RSbob (12-18-2019)

Quick Reply: What's a better deal: late model CPO /w low miles or new + extended warranty?