Macan 2014-Current

Contact Porsche with improvement suggestion

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2019, 02:44 PM
993*David
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Contact Porsche with improvement suggestion

Does anyone know who I might contact with a couple of improvement suggestions - and I suppose whether there's any point?

First I would like to suggest a software update to the PCM that would allow one to filter the "What's On" list by Favorites. This is an obvious usability requirement and shouldn't be hard for them to do.

Second I would like to be able to scroll the What's On and other lists using the right sided steering wheel **** which would be a whole lot easier and safer that using the right sided PCM **** or touching the screen. Not sure how easy this one would be to do.
Old 11-23-2019, 08:51 PM
RED HORSE
Race Car

Received 129 Likes on 71 Posts

You can tell a German, but you can’t tell him much.
Old 11-23-2019, 09:56 PM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,297 Likes on 1,364 Posts

Yep, alas, true.

I test drove one winter season for VDub/Audi/Bentley in their arctic test center here, and that basically sums it up.

siberian

The best long distance runners eat raw meat, run naked and sleep in the snow
Old 11-24-2019, 02:52 PM
Pavegeno928
Rennlist Member

Received 445 Likes on 233 Posts

I sent a suggestion to PCNA regarding SiriusXM traffic as the worst possible traffic provider for PCM 3.1 on my 2014 991 and told them they could easily use INRIX. INRIX is the traffic provider in Europe and is a downloadable app even in the USA which works very well. In Europe you get traffic for free and it has traffic on all roads just like Waze and not just on the interstates and major cities like SiriusXM. I had my US spec 991 in Germany for 2.5 years and it worked perfectly and just as good as Waze. When I brought the car home to the USA I have to pay $5 for SiriusXM traffic and it is substandard. Told them they could switch providers with zero change in the architecture of the PCM and have way more satisfied customers and charge the same or more. Worth the money to me to not hav to mount my phone to view Waze. They said thank you very much and they appreciated my suggestion. Still waiting.
The following users liked this post:
TurboS_GG (11-25-2019)
Old 11-24-2019, 02:58 PM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,297 Likes on 1,364 Posts

I hope you're comfortably seated whilst you "wait"...

siberian

The best long distance runners eat raw meat, run naked and sleep in the snow
Old 11-24-2019, 08:14 PM
993*David
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 11 Posts

I have initiated contact. I will let you know when the changes have been made.
Old 11-25-2019, 06:36 AM
Pavegeno928
Rennlist Member

Received 445 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by kevinm016
Does anyone know who I might contact with a couple of improvement suggestions - and I suppose whether there's any point?

First I would like to suggest a software update to the PCM that would allow one to filter the "What's On" list by Favorites. This is an obvious usability requirement and shouldn't be hard for them to do.

Second I would like to be able to scroll the What's On and other lists using the right sided steering wheel **** which would be a whole lot easier and safer that using the right sided PCM **** or touching the screen. Not sure how easy this one would be to do.
The lack of use in the new PCM of the right side dial for scrolling is odd. Worked great in PCM 3.1.

Quick Reply: Contact Porsche with improvement suggestion