Notices
Macan 2014-Current

Oil Analysis Results

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2019 | 05:48 PM
Harry Hood
Track Day

Default Oil Analysis Results

In November 2018, I purchased my 2017 Macan GTS from my across the street neighbor who purchased it new. So I know the vehicle's history, how it was maintained and I have all service records plus the monroney sticker. I have always performed oil analysis on all of my vehicles so, in this regard, this vehicle is no different from any of my other ones. The oil from this sample was taken from my car's third oil change prior to my ownership. My baseline readings all look good with 21,136 miles on the clock. I am interested in seeing oil samples from higher mileage vehicles and I will continue to post my results as I get oil changes. From here on out, I plan on changing my oil every 5K miles. It is cheap insurance to monitor engine health. While my car was up on the rack for its oil change, I had it specifically inspected for and there were no oil leaks on either the timing chain or valve covers. This car is my DD. My other car is 2006 911 C2S which just turned over 18K on the odo.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
OilReports.pdf (55.5 KB, 92 views)

Last edited by Harry Hood; 10-10-2019 at 09:08 PM.
Old 10-10-2019 | 11:48 AM
CarGuyNVA
Drifting

Originally Posted by Harry Hood
My baseline readings all look good with 21,136 miles on the clock. I am interested in seeing oil samples from higher mileage vehicles and I will continue to post my results as I get oil changes..... While my car was up on the rack for its oil change, I had it specifically inspected for and there were no oil leaks on either the timing chain or valve covers.
Interesting to hear that as mine's also a 2017 GTS with the same mileage. When mine was at the dealership this summer for an oil change they also inspected for the infamous oil leak and all is bone dry. They'll continue to check it at each service. Fingers crossed!

If I end up having an oil analysis done, I'll try to remember to post here as well.

Quick Reply: Oil Analysis Results