Notices
Macan 2014-Current

Trading 991.2 Cab for a Macan S

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2019 | 05:24 PM
tgcrun
Three Wheelin'

Default Trading 991.2 Cab for a Macan S

Call me nuts, but I just pre-traded my 991.2 C4S Cab for a 2020 Macan S. I owned a first year Macan Turbo for 3 years and for a bunch of reasons, traded it for an Audi Allroad in 2017, so for the past few years we've had the 991, my wife's 997 and the Audi in our stable. Unfortunately, an altercation with a deer took the 991 away for a good portion of the late spring/summer, so I got used to not driving it on a regular basis. For part of that time, I had a base Macan loaner and realized how much I missed that car. I started looking into getting a Macan again, got a pretty decent trade-in value for the 991, and decided to pull the trigger. Here's my build code:

http://www.porsche-code.com/PLEREEG6

My Turbo had a ton of power, but I skimped on the luxury features. This time I decided the S had as much power as I need, and I wanted to lux it up a bit. Not to worry, though. We have an allocation for a 992 Targa as soon as they're announced.
Old 09-18-2019 | 08:34 PM
n2cars
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by tgcrun
Call me nuts, but I just pre-traded my 991.2 C4S Cab for a 2020 Macan S. I owned a first year Macan Turbo for 3 years and for a bunch of reasons, traded it for an Audi Allroad in 2017, so for the past few years we've had the 991, my wife's 997 and the Audi in our stable. Unfortunately, an altercation with a deer took the 991 away for a good portion of the late spring/summer, so I got used to not driving it on a regular basis. For part of that time, I had a base Macan loaner and realized how much I missed that car. I started looking into getting a Macan again, got a pretty decent trade-in value for the 991, and decided to pull the trigger. Here's my build code:

http://www.porsche-code.com/PLEREEG6

My Turbo had a ton of power, but I skimped on the luxury features. This time I decided the S had as much power as I need, and I wanted to lux it up a bit. Not to worry, though. We have an allocation for a 992 Targa as soon as they're announced.
Not nuts at all. It looks like you ordered every option available. You probably know what you want. But if you are on the fence or not sure about some options watch the lengthy video by Nick Murray. He explains every option in detail. After watching the video I deleted some of options on our Macan S
Old 09-18-2019 | 10:01 PM
tgcrun
Three Wheelin'

Thanks. He recommended some of the options I ordered, like the premium plus package. I did get the 21" wheels, but I ordered silver, not body colored. I agree with him on that. I did go with Burmester, which is a bit of a gamble. I'm hoping it sounds great. I don't know why he's against Sport Chrono. I've had it in all my recent Porsches, and I like the ability to adjust the settings depending upon the type of road I'm on. Anyway, there's a whole bunch of stuff I didn't get, so I think it'll be the perfect car for my needs.
Old 09-19-2019 | 07:05 AM
alanek
Advanced

Looks like your going all Chalk.in that case you should get the sport mirrors. They are unicolor as opposed to having bottom half in black.
Old 09-19-2019 | 09:31 AM
tgcrun
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by alanek
Looks like your going all Chalk.in that case you should get the sport mirrors. They are unicolor as opposed to having bottom half in black.
Thanks. I'll check them out.
Old 09-19-2019 | 10:50 AM
CarGuyNVA
Drifting

Call me nuts, but I just pre-traded my 991.2 C4S Cab for a 2020 Macan S.

You're NUTS!!!! (j/k)

Looks like an exceptional build. The only suggestion I'd make would be to add PSE (sport exhaust). That would be a nice addition to a build like yours and would 'complete' the vehicle IMO. Especially with the sport chrono.

Also did you consider colored gauges and seatbelts? While a bit pricey (what else is new with Porsche Exclusive tagged options), that seemingly simple change can actually make quite a difference in the interior 'pop' and overall look.
Old 09-19-2019 | 04:34 PM
tgcrun
Three Wheelin'

I did think about PSE. You might really think I'm nuts, but I have PSE on my 991.2 (or had now that it's gone ) and I almost never used it. While I like nice sound, it's just not a priority for me, and I don't want to be the guy driving up the block in the loud car. I did consider colored gauges and belts, but with the red/black interior I figure I'll have plenty of "pop". Also, at some point you just have to stop ticking the boxes. Thanks for the input.
Old 09-20-2019 | 08:18 AM
alanek
Advanced

I did think about PSE. You might really think I'm nuts, but I have PSE on my 991.2 (or had now that it's gone ) and I almost never used it. While I like nice sound, it's just not a priority for me, and I don't want to be the guy driving up the block in the loud car. I did consider colored gauges and belts, but with the red/black interior I figure I'll have plenty of "pop". Also, at some point you just have to stop ticking the boxes. Thanks for the input.

To give you an idea how the red gauges look with red interior.
With Carbon Fiber.
Old 09-20-2019 | 08:56 AM
CarGuyNVA
Drifting

I did consider colored gauges and belts, but with the red/black interior I figure I'll have plenty of "pop". Also, at some point you just have to stop ticking the boxes. Thanks for the input.
Very true, ask me how I know!

Old 09-20-2019 | 10:17 AM
tgcrun
Three Wheelin'

Thanks for the great pics. November can't come soon enough.
Old 09-22-2019 | 10:33 AM
harmonyp
8th Gear

Looks perfect! Enjoy!

Quick Reply: Trading 991.2 Cab for a Macan S