Notices
Macan 2014-Current

Anyone with Performance Upgrades on 2.0T Macan?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2019 | 08:44 PM
CarGuyNVA
Drifting

Originally Posted by cometguy
No, the Cayenne is too large and truck-like in appearance (not appealing), and way too expensive for what you get -- in my opinion. The base Macan with minimal options is an amazingly good buy for the money, at slightly over USD $50k new (with discounts). The only Cayenne or Panamera that I'd ever consider now (having bought a 2018 Panamera E-Hybrid last year) is the E-Hybrid version; the ICE-only versions aren't worth it to me, and the new-generation E-Hybrids are absolutely amazing and really really fun to drive and own. The only Porsche I'll ever buy in the future will be a plug-in (hopefully a Macan E-Hybrid in a couple years) -- no more ICE-only Porsches for me. I considered the 2019/2020 Cayenne E-Hybrid very seriously, but the base Macan won out for being about $30k cheaper (after considering federal tax credit and state rebate for the PHEV) while still having lots of great Porsche qualities.
Understand, but I was just basing my response on the few attributes you listed for an SUV selection in your previous post. With this latest post you provided a LOT more info regarding what went into your SUV selection.

I believe your wish for future electric powertrain offerings for the Macan (and other Porsches) is well on it’s way to becoming reality.
Old 08-11-2019 | 10:25 PM
Rick GT3
Rennlist Member

there's couple of Tuners who can add few more hp's/lb's with just a new ecu map.
I own a 2017 Golf R with 681hps, yes it does have lot's of engine upgrades, but the most important part is ecu tuning. My Golf R maps had been done by the people of United Motorsport, they just reprogram the ecu depending on engine upgrades. I spoke with Jeff couple of weeks ago and he told me already have ecu maps for Macan 2.0 Turbo engines. I will highly recommend them.

http://unitedmotorsport.net

btw, I drive my Golf R back and forth when going to the track. My best 1/4 time is 9.89sec.
Old 08-11-2019 | 10:27 PM
Rick GT3
Rennlist Member

you can see how my Golf R performs in this video done by 1320.

Quick Reply: Anyone with Performance Upgrades on 2.0T Macan?