Macan 2014-Current

2015 Macan Turbo???????

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2019, 11:32 AM
ChristianR
Three Wheelin'

Received 140 Likes on 71 Posts
Default 2015 Macan Turbo???????

hey fellas, i have had 2 of these and have regretted selling them both times, i have found a beautiful 2015 for sale, asking $52k, has 18k miles. One problem, it had a minor accident and they replaced the rear bumper. It happened within 6 months of being new. On the carfax it is listed as "very minor damage". they had a point to point inspection done on the car from true360, it scores a 99%

it has the following

pccb
ptv plus
sport chrono plus
air suspension with pasm
full leather
vented seats
etc
etc

thoughts on this, should i pass since it was in a small rear collision, or go for it since it is listed as very minor and has the 99% report
Old 04-28-2019, 12:00 PM
digits
Rennlist Member

Received 348 Likes on 186 Posts

Originally Posted by ChristianR
hey fellas, i have had 2 of these and have regretted selling them both times, i have found a beautiful 2015 for sale, asking $52k, has 18k miles. One problem, it had a minor accident and they replaced the rear bumper. It happened within 6 months of being new. On the carfax it is listed as "very minor damage". they had a point to point inspection done on the car from true360, it scores a 99%

it has the following

pccb
ptv plus
sport chrono plus
air suspension with pasm
full leather
vented seats
etc
etc

thoughts on this, should i pass since it was in a small rear collision, or go for it since it is listed as very minor and has the 99% report
It doesn't take much of an impact to require a new bumper - they aren't really repairable if they get cracked and then a new bumper and paint is necessary. Replacement of a cracked bumper is no big deal if that's all that it was. See if there's any paperwork or receipts you can review to confirm. If it it looks like it really was just minor damage, then that's a good deal for a Macan Turbo at that mileage and especially since it has the air suspension and PCCBs.
Old 05-01-2019, 01:10 PM
CarGuyNVA
Drifting

Received 163 Likes on 127 Posts

it has the following

pccb
ptv plus
sport chrono plus
air suspension with pasm
full leather
vented seats
etc
etc

Sounds like a really desirable build. If it has repair receipts, and was truly just a replaced bumper cover, I wouldn't be too concerned as long as the paint quality looks good to you. Especially if the repair was done by an authorized Porsche collision repair place.

Heck sometimes even brand new cars have cosmetic touchups or replacements done to them from transit mishaps, and the buyer has no clue.
Old 05-01-2019, 03:28 PM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Received 2,753 Likes on 1,476 Posts

Accident damage reported on Carfax will always be a negative, especially without specific documentation showing the damage and the repair invoices... Paintwork is extremely difficult to get right, though often more than passable to an untrained eye at casual glance.

That said, it does sound like a desirable build at an aggressive price, so perhaps the "adjustment" for the collision damage is baked in.
Old 05-02-2019, 09:49 AM
NC TRACKRAT
Rennlist Member

Received 441 Likes on 277 Posts

Buy it! Consider the replaced rear bumper cover a "Good Luck" ding. Think of it this way: You could find another that didn't have any damage, pay thousands more and, the next week, have some cretin back into it in a parking lot.
Old 05-02-2019, 06:16 PM
ChristianR
Three Wheelin'

i bought it, should have it next week. i feel very good about the deal, spoke to the dealer that sold it and they serviced it from new to the guy traded it to another dealer, the service manager wasn't aware it had a repaired bumper which happened in 2016, he had seen it for service 4 times in between 2017 and late 2018. said the suv looked and feels new,

also the carax states very minimal damage so I'm good with my purchase. besides i love the color,dark mahogany metallic with chocolate brown interior
Old 05-02-2019, 06:32 PM
Van Larson
Rennlist Member

Received 149 Likes on 106 Posts
Default Macan Turbo

Good for you— post pix when it arrives. Then Cobb, then lowering links, then......
Old 05-02-2019, 07:11 PM
997Lyfe
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

I was looking at a 2015 turbo... could you share some insights what to look out for mechanically and maintenance costs to expect over and above an S model?
Old 05-02-2019, 09:37 PM
CarGuyNVA
Drifting

Received 163 Likes on 127 Posts

i bought it, should have it next week. i feel very good about the deal, spoke to the dealer that sold it and they serviced it from new to the guy traded it to another dealer, the service manager wasn't aware it had a repaired bumper which happened in 2016, he had seen it for service 4 times in between 2017 and late 2018. said the suv looked and feels new,

also the carax states very minimal damage so I'm good with my purchase. besides i love the color,dark mahogany metallic with chocolate brown interior
Excellent, congrats! Sounds a lot like this one...... https://www.ebay.com/itm/2015-Macan-Turbo/283304118461
Old 05-02-2019, 10:17 PM
ChristianR
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by CarGuyNVA
Excellent, congrats! Sounds a lot like this one...... https://www.ebay.com/itm/2015-Macan-Turbo/283304118461
thats the one

Quick Reply: 2015 Macan Turbo???????