Macan 2014-Current

Macan 2019: Adaptive Cruise Control

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2018, 12:42 AM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

Received 229 Likes on 158 Posts
Default Macan 2019: Adaptive Cruise Control

I read this at numerous second-party website reviews, and then found this text in a Porsche press release:

The 2019 Macan also gains the new Traffic Jam Assist function as a component of the optional adaptive cruise control system. When so equipped, the Macan can accelerate, brake, and keep itself within a marked lane at speeds up to 40 mph.

+++

This is very startling to me. Surely it's a mistake in writing? Adaptive cruise control works in my Panamera at very high speeds (I know over 80 mph). Does it really become disabled over 40 mph in the 2019 Macan? Does anybody know what this is all about?
Old 11-24-2018, 08:30 AM
Pavegeno928
Rennlist Member

Received 477 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by cometguy
I read this at numerous second-party website reviews, and then found this text in a Porsche press release:

The 2019 Macan also gains the new Traffic Jam Assist function as a component of the optional adaptive cruise control system. When so equipped, the Macan can accelerate, brake, and keep itself within a marked lane at speeds up to 40 mph.

+++

This is very startling to me. Surely it's a mistake in writing? Adaptive cruise control works in my Panamera at very high speeds (I know over 80 mph). Does it really become disabled over 40 mph in the 2019 Macan? Does anybody know what this is all about?
The ACC will work as normal. Traffic Jam Assist is a subset of ACC using the LCA/LKA to take over during low speed traffic jams as traffic speeds up and down, just like ACC.

From Porsche (https://www.porsche.com/usa/models/p...che-innodrive/)"Traffic Jam Assist
Another feature of Porsche InnoDrive including adaptive cruise control is Traffic Jam Assist. It eases the burden on the driver when congestion is encountered on major highways. At speeds of up to approximately 37 mph, the system uses gentle steering inputs to keep the vehicle in the middle of the lane, regulates the distance from vehicles in front and follows the queue ahead where system limitations allow. To do this, Traffic Jam Assist tracks roadway signs and other vehicles on the road. The benefit? Appreciable stress relief and greater comfort on long drives."
Old 11-24-2018, 09:54 AM
CarGuyNVA
Drifting

Received 163 Likes on 127 Posts

Right. It’s just the new ‘Traffic Jam Assist’ function that only works up until a specified speed. The overall ACC component continues to work as it did in previous years.
Old 11-24-2018, 02:20 PM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,679 Likes on 1,089 Posts

opps. wrong thread

Quick Reply: Macan 2019: Adaptive Cruise Control