Macan GTS Build

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2018, 07:24 PM
chuckz281
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Macan GTS Build

Hi all,

I have been a long time reader in this forum and about to purchase a Macan GTS. The GTS is already a fantastic car to drive therefore I only add options that I need or use everyday. Appreciate all the inputs :-)

Macan GTS

Volcano Grey Metallic

Black leather interior

Deletion of Model Designation

LED main headlights including Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS Plus)

Porsche Entry & Drive

Surround View Camera System

Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)

Power steering Plus

20" RS Spyder Design Wheels in Black

Automatically dimming exterior and interior mirrors (i.c. with Comfort Memory Package)

GTS Sport Seats (8-way) with Memory Package

Smoking Package

Ski Bag

Instrument Dials in Garnet Red

Seat Belts in Garnet Red

Rooflining in Alcantara

Not a fan of sunroof as I don't like the weight added to the top and try to minimize the body roll, probably not much but I prefer the not to feel that there is something heavy above the roof. When I spoke to the SA about no sunroof he acted really surprised and tried to convince me on the resale etc. without knowing that I will keep the car very long and resale is the least of my concern, he even added "it would be very odd without one". I am not sensitive to his comment but certainly not fond of his approach.
Old 07-29-2018, 09:59 PM
Portia's
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

congrats on your order, nice build and accents.
Old 07-30-2018, 02:35 PM
bwiele
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Great looking spec! I personally think the panorama sunroof adds a lot of light and airiness to the cabin and the Macan isn't prone to body roll even with the added weight. I have it in mine and I'm very glad I do... But, it's your car, your choices!
Old 07-30-2018, 04:36 PM
malmasri
Rennlist Member

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

It is a small car on the inside , the pano roof gives it the illusion of space, it also adds light to the dark interior. if your main concern is lower COG and body roll..consider the 718 instead
Old 07-31-2018, 01:03 PM
JonCanadian
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 30 Posts

I've got a GTS without sunroof. I got the same feedback from my SA but I dislike sunroofs and have hardly ever used them on any of my other cars. Yes, the interior is darker but it feels snug and comfy. It's your car and your money. I personally don't care about resale. I'm not spending any dollars for the sake of the next owner. Does it look funny from the outside? You decide.

If you are getting red belts and instrument dials, check out the GTS interior. You'll get really nice red contrast stitching as well as red embroidery on the headrest. We like ours.

GTS on pickup
Old 08-13-2018, 10:57 PM
Galion
Pro

Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts

I dont like sunroofs in most of my cars, but I like it in my Macan GTS, it must be me but the interior feels roomier.
Old 08-14-2018, 12:47 AM
Car 6
Advanced

Received 30 Likes on 12 Posts

I also have ordered a sunroof-less GTS for all the reasons the OP lists, along with the fact that I've had 3 previous sun roofed cars, all of which leaked within a year of the end of the warranty.
And I was also surprised to get some real pushback from my salesman. He told me that if he placed a non-sunroof order, I could not get out of the contract because no one else would buy the car.
It sounds like I was wrong to be surprised by the pushback but the salesman was also wrong about nobody wanting a car without a sunroof.
I wonder how many other folks have been pushed into options they didn't want?
Caveat Emptor---get the car you want.
Old 08-14-2018, 11:40 AM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 246 Likes on 202 Posts

All my cars have no sunroofs. Never use them.
Old 08-14-2018, 01:42 PM
rasetsu
Three Wheelin'

Received 843 Likes on 515 Posts

I have a sunroof. I like it. Makes the cabin more airy in winter and I can vent out the hot air faster in the summer. But honestly, I would never consider it to be a deal breaker so long as entry and drive was present. Especially not on a GTS. Maybe on a base model where the demographics are very different. If you don't like them, don't get it. Dealers like to blow smoke about this stuff because if they can get you to take the premium plus package, it's a little more money for them in the front end and easier to list on the used end. End of the day, sure, you'll get a little more on resale if you spec it because you paid more but it's not really a penalty.

I buy my cars for this guy, not the next guy.
Old 08-14-2018, 01:58 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

I have a steel sunroof in my 993 and actually use it. In my old Sequoias, I had the shade opened but rarely opened the glass part.

For the Macan, I really love the airiness of the cabin with the roof and normally have the shade open. I also open up the glass more often than I ever did with the Toyotas. That said, I think I'd be fine with not having a sunroof in the Macan.
Old 08-14-2018, 03:08 PM
promocop
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rasetsu
I have a sunroof. I like it. Makes the cabin more airy in winter and I can vent out the hot air faster in the summer. But honestly, I would never consider it to be a deal breaker so long as entry and drive was present. Especially not on a GTS. Maybe on a base model where the demographics are very different. If you don't like them, don't get it. Dealers like to blow smoke about this stuff because if they can get you to take the premium plus package, it's a little more money for them in the front end and easier to list on the used end. End of the day, sure, you'll get a little more on resale if you spec it because you paid more but it's not really a penalty.

I buy my cars for this guy, not the next guy.
As well do I. Almost deleted on my current incoming build but decided for it for the above reasons In my 911's not so much (except for the Targa). And remember, NONE of these expensive options get paid back on resale. Mileage and condition are WAY more important then upgrade stereos, PTV+ and the like.
Old 08-14-2018, 04:38 PM
CarGuyNVA
Drifting

Received 163 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by chuckz281
Hi all,

I have been a long time reader in this forum and about to purchase a Macan GTS. The GTS is already a fantastic car to drive therefore I only add options that I need or use everyday. Appreciate all the inputs :-)

Macan GTS

Volcano Grey Metallic

Black leather interior

Deletion of Model Designation

LED main headlights including Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS Plus)

Porsche Entry & Drive

Surround View Camera System

Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)

Power steering Plus

20" RS Spyder Design Wheels in Black

Automatically dimming exterior and interior mirrors (i.c. with Comfort Memory Package)

GTS Sport Seats (8-way) with Memory Package

Smoking Package

Ski Bag

Instrument Dials in Garnet Red

Seat Belts in Garnet Red

Rooflining in Alcantara

Not a fan of sunroof as I don't like the weight added to the top and try to minimize the body roll, probably not much but I prefer the not to feel that there is something heavy above the roof. When I spoke to the SA about no sunroof he acted really surprised and tried to convince me on the resale etc. without knowing that I will keep the car very long and resale is the least of my concern, he even added "it would be very odd without one". I am not sensitive to his comment but certainly not fond of his approach.
Congrats, sound like a really nice build!

I would add the Premium Package Plus to get the pano roof (as others have already debated) and the ventilated front seats, but that's obviously a personal choice.

You'll love the instrument dials and seatbelts in garnet red (ask me how I know)! Also I believe the Power Steering Plus is standard on the GTS model.
Old 08-14-2018, 06:03 PM
rasetsu
Three Wheelin'

Received 843 Likes on 515 Posts

Originally Posted by promocop
As well do I. Almost deleted on my current incoming build but decided for it for the above reasons In my 911's not so much (except for the Targa). And remember, NONE of these expensive options get paid back on resale. Mileage and condition are WAY more important then upgrade stereos, PTV+ and the like.
I agree. People get too unnecessarily bogged down by the secondary market in making option choices because of the crap that the salespeople say. They will give you the same low-ball trade-in percentage of what you paid for it regardless of the options so long as miles are low, overall condition is good, and tires aren't worn. They want you to add as many luxuries as possible because a low optioned car is harder for THEM to resell. They will never give you a higher trade-in percentage just because you added this or that. If your plan is private resale, a less common build may take longer to sell, but I personally believe you have a higher chance of getting closer to your asking price once the right buyer comes along. There are people who seek out non-sunroof cars. They may not be as common, but they also set on what they want.

And I got PTV+ because I wanted to experience it myself. I got every option that I personally wanted. If I really wanted to save money, I would have gotten an SQ5, not a Macan. I had multiple SAs tell me not to bother getting PTV+ because they know they will have a hard time reselling an option that no one sees and doesn't even have a button for. It's why no inventory car ever has it. By the way, the SQ5 bundles its torque vectoring electronic rear LSD with air suspension for $3000. But in my own personal view, I chose the GTS for the handling so I want the whole package.

Originally Posted by CarGuyNVA
Also I believe the Power Steering Plus is standard on the GTS model.
It's standard for US market GTS.
Old 08-16-2018, 12:14 PM
Obturate
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

We bought a new Macan Turbo this week from our local dealer. It's on the boat now. I wanted to find one with adaptive cruise control because I like it so much on my tow rig. Settled for one the dealer had incoming that was not equipped with adaptive cruise control. It did occur to me that when the time comes to trade surely the dealer won't criticize the build because they spec'ed it!!
Old 08-19-2018, 01:07 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by CarGuyNVA
Also I believe the Power Steering Plus is standard on the GTS model.
Is there an option code I can look for or something else in the engine bay that would verify this? Thanks.

Quick Reply: Macan GTS Build