Macan 2014-Current

Extended Warranty for Macan S 2016

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2018, 08:44 PM
BillHi
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Extended Warranty for Macan S 2016

Just purchased a 2016 Macan S in Callifornia and wandering about the best place and company to purchase an extended warranty.
Dealer offered Fidelity Warranty but I am not familiar with them, any information you can provide would be appreciated, thanks!
Old 03-20-2018, 09:32 PM
Type 2
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Extended Service Contract

Originally Posted by BillHi
Just purchased a 2016 Macan S in Callifornia and wandering about the best place and company to purchase an extended warranty.
Dealer offered Fidelity Warranty but I am not familiar with them, any information you can provide would be appreciated, thanks!
What you are calling an extended warranty is generally known as an Extended Service Contract. There are a number of good threads on this subject matter that you should research, using "Search Forum" in the upper right corner of the Rennlist screen.

In August 2017, we purchased a Fidelity Service Contract for an additional five years on our 997.2 (911 Coupe) from Sunset Porsche in Beaverton, OR. On a second car (BMW), a number of years ago, we purchased a Fidelity Services Contract for fours years from a local Ford dealer, and the only repair claim that we made through the BMW dealer was promptly paid by Fidelity Services.

Some tips: shop a number of dealerships (try Sunset Porsche), going through the finance manager, for total premium price for the contract using the same number of years and additional mileage. Prices will differ. As the other threads wil illustrate, Fidelity is most always mentioned favorably by the posters. Hope this information helps. Type 2

Addition, below is a thread on the 997 Forum, which started in 2012 and has a post dated yesterday:

Fidelity Warrant Services (again) ...
<//rennlist.com/forums/997-forum/717557-fidelity-warranty-services-again.html>

Last edited by Type 2; 03-21-2018 at 01:33 AM. Reason: MSP; Add
Old 03-21-2018, 12:50 PM
BillHi
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Type 2
What you are calling an extended warranty is generally known as an Extended Service Contract. There are a number of good threads on this subject matter that you should research, using "Search Forum" in the upper right corner of the Rennlist screen.

In August 2017, we purchased a Fidelity Service Contract for an additional five years on our 997.2 (911 Coupe) from Sunset Porsche in Beaverton, OR. On a second car (BMW), a number of years ago, we purchased a Fidelity Services Contract for fours years from a local Ford dealer, and the only repair claim that we made through the BMW dealer was promptly paid by Fidelity Services.

Some tips: shop a number of dealerships (try Sunset Porsche), going through the finance manager, for total premium price for the contract using the same number of years and additional mileage. Prices will differ. As the other threads wil illustrate, Fidelity is most always mentioned favorably by the posters. Hope this information helps. Type 2

Addition, below is a thread on the 997 Forum, which started in 2012 and has a post dated yesterday:

Fidelity Warrant Services (again) ...
<//rennlist.com/forums/997-forum/717557-fidelity-warranty-services-again.html>
thanks for your comments!!
Old 03-22-2018, 12:23 AM
smichael
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Note too that ANY dealer who offers Fidelity can and will be happy to sell you a contract for any brand car. As I found with shopping for EasyCare tire insurance, the price at a local Nissan dealer was 40% less than what my Mercedes dealer wanted for the same policy to cover my wife's 550CLS.

My advice is to call Fidelity and get a list of all local dealers who offer their contracts and shop price at a few lower cost car brand dealers who will will be satisfied with less mark-up. This whole industry has huge sales mark-ups so negotiate /shop vigorously.

Quick Reply: Extended Warranty for Macan S 2016