Macan 2014-Current

Clear bra

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2018, 11:40 AM
Vampire
Racer

Received 57 Likes on 26 Posts
Default Clear bra

I will be picking up a new Volcano Grey Macan GTS next week that I ordered a while back. What is the conventional wisdom on getting some sort of clear bra?

Should I get it? If so should I have it dealer installed? Preferences on clear bra vs Xpel vs other?

Old 01-03-2018, 12:08 PM
KM1959
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

I wish I had one installed on my Macan when new - and I don't have to deal with winter roads. It is an enormous hood and will find anything it can to nick it. If you're planning to keep it a while I highly recommend it. We have Xpel on our X5 and while it has taken some hits the paint still looks new.
Old 01-03-2018, 12:41 PM
BradB
Drifting

Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

I have Xpel on my entire front hood, bumper, fenders, lower rockers, inside door sills, behind rear wheels and a strip on top of the rear bumper to protect it when loading. I would suggest NOT using your dealer. Google local clear bra installers and use them. Dealers always mark up the service and it is more expensive. They usually sub it out to a local installer anyway. Find out who they use. Installer skill is very important so look at their work or check around and get reviews to be sure you get the best installer.
Old 01-03-2018, 01:11 PM
Sloopy
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have it done back to the doors and don't let the dealer do it. (Mirrors also) Look into several installers within your reach and chose the best one. The installation is the most important issue and if they are good will use a good product.
Old 01-03-2018, 06:24 PM
T10Chris
Three Wheelin'

Received 212 Likes on 157 Posts

I have it on front bumper, headlights, mirrors, fog lights, turn signals, rocker panels and the inset in the doors where the GTS logo is.. I have a partial on the hood. Ceramic coat applied over all of the clear film and the non-film protected areas.

Be careful with doing a full hood wrap due to the size of the hood.. it's bigger than the roll that the wraps come on. My installer is by far the most reputable in my area and said it is possible, but stretches the film very thin which can cause some visual distortion and a stone can rip the film fairly easily compared to non-stretch. He said when he first began doing Macans when they started hitting the streets he would do the full hood, but had too many issues/imperfections and saw some damage that should not have occured based on the incident... now he won't do full hoods on Macans any longer as he doesn't want to risk anything on clients' cars or his reputation if damage occurs.

Take it for what it's worth...
Old 01-04-2018, 06:26 PM
Vampire
Racer

Received 57 Likes on 26 Posts

Has anyone used Simoniz Glass Coat? It looks like another brand of ceramic coating.

Quick Reply: Clear bra