Macan 2014-Current

'18 Macan GTS first 1000 miles

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2017, 05:42 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,049 Likes on 1,229 Posts
Default '18 Macan GTS first 1000 miles

So after owning an 04 cayenne TT for 13 years and a Cayenne GTS for 2 all I can say is WOW.

I am not sure who is happier me or the Mrs. Don't get me wrong both the cayennes were great rides. I will miss the 04 turbo most it was a great reliable car. The Macan is everything I expected and more. First thing I had to do was a V1 hardwire install. It is far to easy to speed in this thing without realizing it. The handling is exceptional and with the PSV+ even better than the S and GTS's I drove without it. I was taking some turns and my friend who drives a track setup 981 said I was taking the turns faster than he does and other than looking at the speedo you wouldn't realize it.

The ride is so comfortable yet has a solid sports car feel and the acceleration is as fast as the CTT but lacking that strong torque feel of the CTT pushing you forward. Unless you pay attention you are doing 90 without realizing it.

Rear view visibility could be better and I am starting to rely on the lane departure which I am happy I have but wish I didn't need. The stereo is not bad but could be better and once I figure out all the features of the PCM and apple car play it should prove interesting.

No doubt the car is anemic in regular mode and feels more like the CTT but in Sport or Sport + it moves with little lag or hesitation. No doubt we all know it is really a drain the tank quickly button but fine by me. Steering can be a bit quick for my tastes but very responsive.

So far I have tinted the front orange markers and had the GTS done in silver vs black on black which makes no sense to me. I plan to tint the third brake light as well.

I can't say anything bad so far. I was originally not pleased with the panoramic camera but have learned to embrace it. I wish the cameras weren't so fish eyed but once you get used to it it is fine.

I am very pleased with the Rhodium silver and black accents but I was surprised (not sure actually why) that it has more blue in it than my Rhodium silver 981 BGTS.

to Porsche fill building these.
Attached Images    
Old 11-13-2017, 07:06 PM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,047 Posts

Nice! Happy to see that you're not disappointed.

Originally Posted by cobalt
I was taking some turns and my friend who drives a track setup 981 said I was taking the turns faster than he does and other than looking at the speedo you wouldn't realize it.
Yup. I've written it before: Macan handling borders on witchcraft.
Old 11-13-2017, 07:43 PM
Adk46
Rennlist Member

Received 315 Likes on 165 Posts

At first, I was not sure how to drive a big, high vehicle fast, with confidence. But I’ve been going faster and faster on twisty roads. On the Funway, I’ve gotten the first speeding ticket in 20 years. I’m glad I only have the puny 4-cylinder.

Yup, I’d be lost without the Surround View, etc.

When you’ve figured out Apple CarPlay, let me know. Whether it engages or not is a complete mystery to me. I’ve even left my phone hooked up while jumping out for a brief run into a store, and I’m still forced into menu hell to get it going again. Other times, it just works. I use it only when I need navigation. In Bluetooth mode, music starts up every time - but I can’t figure out how to stop it from starting up automatically.
Old 11-14-2017, 07:58 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Frosty Macan this AM
Attached Images   
Old 11-14-2017, 01:18 PM
Harsany
Racer

Received 126 Likes on 41 Posts

Nice ride, is that Rodium silver?
Old 11-14-2017, 04:36 PM
SBTT
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

When we picked up our new Macan TT, the first thing the wife didn't like was rear visibility, so had the dealer remove the rear head rests. Since we seldom have anyone back there, it worked out fine.
Old 11-14-2017, 10:09 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SBTT
When we picked up our new Macan TT, the first thing the wife didn't like was rear visibility, so had the dealer remove the rear head rests. Since we seldom have anyone back there, it worked out fine.

I was considering doing this. It would be nice if they had a way to lower them into the rear seats more like they did in the cayennes.

Originally Posted by Harsany
Nice ride, is that Rodium silver?
Yes we were going to order red but wasn't nice enough to justify the $$. White is just too common by me and we had the silver BGTS in Rhodium and liked the way it hides the dirt and has equally good contrast with the black accents. Although the boxster has less blue hue to it.
Attached Images  
Old 11-15-2017, 11:07 AM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

Glad you're enjoying the new ride!

Originally Posted by SBTT
I had to have my Macan inspected by the dealer to register it with the state. The dealer removed a PCA sticker from the lower part of the hatch glass, a sticker I couldn't see when I was driving. I told them that they better remove the head rests, too, since the head rests did all of the visual blocking.
Old 11-15-2017, 02:33 PM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rear visibility? Meh.
Attached Images  
Old 11-15-2017, 06:28 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by worf928
Rear visibility? Meh.
What's behind me is not important. In my best Raul Julia impersonation LOL
Old 11-15-2017, 07:33 PM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

What's behind me is not important. In my best Raul Julia impersonation LOL
Gotta love google
Attached Images  
Old 11-15-2017, 09:29 PM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 247 Likes on 203 Posts

I am looking forward to ownership of a Macan gts as made my deposit secure and order. After had owned 2 pepper 955's of which was a titinium s in pure red- I'm just a fan of red(my old 6gt3 is guards red). I ordered in this configuration:
Carmine red
Full leather black
Sports Chrono package
Nav
Tow package
Park assist
Piano black accent
Smoker package
Side blades in ext color
Black rails
Led headlites
Cannot wait!!! Mike
Old 11-15-2017, 11:53 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by worf928
Gotta love google
Great movie. I saw this in the theaters as a teenager and it ruined me. LOL
Although it meant something a bit different back then.

Originally Posted by 996FLT6
I am looking forward to ownership of a Macan gts as made my deposit secure and order. After had owned 2 pepper 955's of which was a titinium s in pure red- I'm just a fan of red(my old 6gt3 is guards red). I ordered in this configuration:
Carmine red
Full leather black
Sports Chrono package
Nav
Tow package
Park assist
Piano black accent
Smoker package
Side blades in ext color
Black rails
Led headlites
Cannot wait!!! Mike
The red is gorgeous. We were considering the red but decided to go with the silver like our boxster and instead saved enough for the PTV+.

A friend of mine enjoying his at a local rally. I really like the contrast black on the red but no doubt the red will look equally as nice. You will love the LED headlights.
Attached Images  
Old 11-16-2017, 01:08 AM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 247 Likes on 203 Posts

I haven't seen Carmine red in person but as many as mentioned it's nice. I'm sold. Looks great what I google. Mike
Old 11-16-2017, 04:07 AM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

The red is gorgeous. We were considering the red but decided to go with the silver like our boxster and instead...
Originally Posted by 996FLT6
I haven't seen Carmine red in person but as many as mentioned it's nice. I'm sold. Looks great what I google.
Yeah, a GTS (or any Macan with the Sport Design Package in black) is freakin' gorgeous.

But, I'm done with hey-look-at-me colors. On the other hand CarChick wants a PTS Pastel Orange Macan

Anthony, you gotta bring some front-engined Porsche to Curt's next 928 Camp. Since he's got a 95B now, you've got a choice.

Quick Reply: '18 Macan GTS first 1000 miles