Macan 2014-Current

2018 Macan S Insrument Lighting Question

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2017, 05:32 PM
Balloonmeister
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Default 2018 Macan S Insrument Lighting Question

Spouse brought her new 2018 Macan S (500 mi on Odo) home the other day and said her dash gauges were not lit up. So, I take the Macan to local Porsche service today and here is what they tell me:
1. With the headlight switch in the Auto or On position, AND driving during daylight hours, the speedometer, tachometer and gear selector white numbers or letters will NOT be backlit, i.e., these gauges will appear to be dark and illegible. Digital speed, gear, odometer and trip odometer all are bright.
2. As soon as it gets dark enough, the car will senses this and turns on the back lighting for these gauges.
When I drove home today in the daylight, with the headlamp switch in the Auto position, the gauges stayed dark until I pulled into the garage, at which time, sensing the relative darkness of the garage, the gauges' lights came on.
All of this is with the Display brightness set at 100%. I find this very weird and wondered if it this is just how the 2018 Macan's guages are supposed to work. Anyone else with a 2018 Macan wish to comment?
Old 10-24-2017, 07:09 PM
rosen39
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

My 2017 is just like that. During the day I can still make out the tach needle even though it is not back lit. The third pod on the right stays illuminated all the time (I use for water temp, oil temp, and oil pressure). It is strange they don't light up when the headlights are on "Auto". Audi's do light up when headlights are on "Auto".
Old 10-29-2017, 01:16 AM
Jason Zhang
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

mine is 16, it's the same

Quick Reply: 2018 Macan S Insrument Lighting Question