Macan 2014-Current

Macan Wheel and Tire Question

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2017, 08:15 PM
hoops25
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Macan Wheel and Tire Question

I have a 2017 Macan Turbo on the way with 20" RS Spyder Wheels. I would like to use an aftermarket wheel and have the same size wheels and tires all around. The wheel I found is an ACE Mesh 7 in a 20 x 10. Is there any way I could use a non-staggered set up with a 295 45 or 40 20 wheel?

I would like to fill up the wheel well from the side and have a comfortable ride and still have the car handle well with a Y rated or higher tire. I hope all that makes sense. Any advice or similar set ups without much modification? Totally open to suggestions...

Thanks,
Chris
Old 10-09-2017, 12:10 AM
drcollie
Race Car

Received 4,149 Likes on 1,464 Posts

I cannot recommend Ace wheels, I had ordered some (not for a Porsche) and they had extreme heavy spots in the rims and they could not be balanced properly. Ace's website leads you to believe they are made in Chino, CA, but they bring in non-drilled wheels from China and then mill then in CA for your ride, that way they don't have to stock as many variants. I dumped mine in less than 6 months due to the balance issues and put on a proper set of HRE's. In wheels, you get what you pay for - just say "no" to Chinese wheels.
Changing to non-staggered will affect the oversteer/understeer somewhat.
Old 10-09-2017, 02:48 PM
WheelsB
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 967 Likes on 485 Posts

Originally Posted by hoops25
I have a 2017 Macan Turbo on the way with 20" RS Spyder Wheels. I would like to use an aftermarket wheel and have the same size wheels and tires all around. The wheel I found is an ACE Mesh 7 in a 20 x 10. Is there any way I could use a non-staggered set up with a 295 45 or 40 20 wheel?

I would like to fill up the wheel well from the side and have a comfortable ride and still have the car handle well with a Y rated or higher tire. I hope all that makes sense. Any advice or similar set ups without much modification? Totally open to suggestions...

Thanks,
Chris

Welcome to the forums Chris.

Basically what you're looking to do is push the wheels closer to the fenders without going passed them is that correct? In other words a flush fitment.

This can be done with a set of custom forged aftermarket wheels like HRE. They have been around since 1978 and have a legendary reputation for build quality. They offer over 50+ models for your Macan and all of them can be built to fill your wheel well better. They can also be built so that you have the same sizing both front and rear.

If you're interested in learning more please feel free to email me at David@WheelsBoutique.com. I'd love to help you out with your wheel purchase.

Wheels Boutique // 786 249 0127 // Sales@wheelsboutique.com
Follow us on YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/WheelsBoutique
Largest Dealer In The World for HRE Wheels, ANRKY Wheels, Vorsteiner Wheels & Aero, Akrapovic Exhaust, & iPE Exhaust
BBS, Forgeline, & TechArt Premium Dealer
Brembo / Rotiform / KW / H&R / Novitec / Brabus / Mansory and tons more...
Old 10-09-2017, 05:59 PM
NC TRACKRAT
Rennlist Member

Received 458 Likes on 286 Posts

Not to pour cold water on your plan to fill out your wheel wells but I would caution you that a wider tire/wheel combination up front will cause your lower fender and cove areas just aft of the front wheel wells to be blasted with road rash. I can guarantee the Turbo 265/40x21 do it so anything as wide or wider will be worse and offsetting the wheels further out will just add to the problem.

Quick Reply: Macan Wheel and Tire Question