Notices
Macan EV Discuss the 2024 Porsche Macan EV
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Macan EV: why are there no independent drive tests, EPA?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2024 | 04:06 PM
beye
Instructor

Default why are there no independent drive tests, EPA?

I am not used to new Porsche model.
Is it normal for a new Porsche model that there is no real independent drive tests (the Nice/France test drive was a journalist/influencer event, no more no less) , EPA rate, demo cars? Was it the same for the Taycan 1st gen, or another model ?
I mean, we will have our new Macan EV in 8 weeks, they are all built, they have already crossed the ocean for US customers…
Yet, it is like the Macan EV is embargoed till mid september, the Delivery D Day!
The following users liked this post:
Awas (08-08-2024)
Old 08-08-2024 | 07:02 PM
daveo4porsche
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by beye
I am not used to new Porsche model.
Is it normal for a new Porsche model that there is no real independent drive tests (the Nice/France test drive was a journalist/influencer event, no more no less) , EPA rate, demo cars? Was it the same for the Taycan 1st gen, or another model ?
I mean, we will have our new Macan EV in 8 weeks, they are all built, they have already crossed the ocean for US customers…
Yet, it is like the Macan EV is embargoed till mid september, the Delivery D Day!
Standard Operating Procedure for Porsche (SOP)…nothing to see here. If you want al that sort of data you have to wait until the the models are actually released and there has been time for customer cars to be in the wild

this is no different than _ANY_ Prosche product intro EV or ICE

nothing to see here, move along, move along - backup people, nothing to see here - go home!
The following 3 users liked this post by daveo4porsche:
AlexCeres (08-10-2024), beye (08-09-2024), TC Cruising (08-08-2024)
Old 08-08-2024 | 10:13 PM
TC Cruising
Racer

While we await individual ownership and then professional auto-media drive tests, this is a nice hors d’oeuvres from Car and Driver.

The following users liked this post:
tmrqs (08-08-2024)

Quick Reply: Macan EV: why are there no independent drive tests, EPA?