Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Macan EV: How to be sure Macan 4 build has PDLS+

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2024 | 12:31 PM
Dgkli
Advanced

Question How to be sure Macan 4 build has PDLS+

One point of confusion on the configurator is PDLS+.

I have a V200 status order (PRUBLT68) (apparently like most such, showing delivery to dealer on 9/20). (I consider my configuration to be focused on the "tech" options, otherwise pretty light.)

But, speaking of "light," the configurator is very confusing on the subject of PDLS+ (i.e. automatic high beams on top of PDLS). One of the option selections specifically mentions PDLS+ (LED-Matrix Design Headlights in Black incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS+)); this option is at additional cost on top of the LED Matrix Design Headlights included in the premium package. So, the question is, if this option is not selected, does the car still have PDLS+?

I have spoken to two BA's both of whom say, yes. But then, when I say, "are you 100% sure," I get hemming and hawing. They say they will get their training within a few months, but most likely my car will lock before that.

So, the question I have for anyone here: under what selections does the Macan 4 have PDLS+? Standard? With the plain LED Matrix Design Headlights? Only if the "Headlights in Black" are selected? Please only respond if you know for a fact, not just guessing.

Thanks!
Old 03-06-2024 | 03:00 PM
daveo4porsche
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Dgkli
One point of confusion on the configurator is PDLS+.

I have a V200 status order (PRUBLT68) (apparently like most such, showing delivery to dealer on 9/20). (I consider my configuration to be focused on the "tech" options, otherwise pretty light.)

But, speaking of "light," the configurator is very confusing on the subject of PDLS+ (i.e. automatic high beams on top of PDLS). One of the option selections specifically mentions PDLS+ (LED-Matrix Design Headlights in Black incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS+)); this option is at additional cost on top of the LED Matrix Design Headlights included in the premium package. So, the question is, if this option is not selected, does the car still have PDLS+?

I have spoken to two BA's both of whom say, yes. But then, when I say, "are you 100% sure," I get hemming and hawing. They say they will get their training within a few months, but most likely my car will lock before that.

So, the question I have for anyone here: under what selections does the Macan 4 have PDLS+? Standard? With the plain LED Matrix Design Headlights? Only if the "Headlights in Black" are selected? Please only respond if you know for a fact, not just guessing.

Thanks!
based on my review of the configurator and details all "MATRIX" LED headlights are PDLS+ - the difference in price depending on how you "check the boxes" is based on "color"

normal $0
black $520
glacier blue $520

all 3 variants are PDLS+

standard equipment on the 4 is LED headlights - note the lack of the word "matrix"

see screen shorts below from date/time of this posting for what the US configurator shows during configuration…

I think you'll agree it's pretty clear the "incremental" charge is for "color" and PDLS+ is all over the place in the details sections…it would be hard/impossible to "omit" this feature once you option the "Matrix" lights…

once you've optioned "LED Matix" you get PDLS+ - the wording in the "choices" dialog is sloppy - PDLS+ is clearly listed in the "info" tab for premium package - but PDLS+ is omitted in the "choices" options dialog that comes up - this is most likely and oversight on the text in the web implementation - since the default choice for the entire package description clearly lists PDLS+, the fact that PDLS+ is omitted in the "choices/prefersnce" for the package I would suggest is not a specification change - just sloppy wording. the package description (where it is clearly listed) is the correct description/option…

I'm 99% sure you're fine.

but as with all things YMMV - I don't thing there is actually a non-PDLS+ LED matrix "possible" in the production process - so you're again probably good.

-------------------
standard equipment on the Macan 4 is:

the premium package says the following - NOTE: the lack of the word "black"

when click the premium package on the configurator I get the following "choices" - the $520 incremental cost is for the "color" of the headlight - they are all PDLS+ - it would be insane/difficult for porsche to have this difference in the configuration matrix for production

Last edited by daveo4porsche; 03-06-2024 at 03:08 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Dgkli (03-06-2024)
Old 03-06-2024 | 03:58 PM
Dgkli
Advanced

Thank you. I missed or forgot the inclusion of the PDLS+ description in the Premium Package listing. I will accept your "99%" likelihood!
Old 03-06-2024 | 06:04 PM
beye
Instructor

Same analysis here in France, I can say 99,99%.
The real downside is that it is “Matrix Led” (only 84 pixels) and not the (not so) new “HD Matrix Led” (32k+ pixels).
Too bad.

Same limitation for adaptative suspension: we can’t have the new Porsche Active Ride suspension that is available on the new taycan

Fortunately, it seems that the “Surround view” is now the 3D one… at least as stated in the french configurator (it was not the case one month ago : 360° view only)
Old 03-06-2024 | 08:10 PM
mnl
Instructor

i had the same exact question and when talking with my sales guy to see if i should add the black headlights for PDLS+ or if it was already included he said it is likely a miss on our configurator, since he verified my configuration on his system and without the black headlights selected it still showed my spec has PDLS+
Old 03-07-2024 | 04:01 PM
TC Cruising
Racer

So other than different colors, since the U.S. is still not matrix LED’s approved, please what do we get in the U.S. for $520?
Old 03-07-2024 | 04:02 PM
mnl
Instructor

Originally Posted by TC Cruising
So other than different colors, since the U.S. is still not matrix LED’s approved, please what do we get in the U.S. for $520?
according to my sales guy the option is for color exclusively. the lights themselves are the same, so i skipped that option on my build
TC Cruising (03-07-2024)
Old 03-07-2024 | 04:23 PM
TC Cruising
Racer

Thank you; just saved $520.
Old 03-07-2024 | 04:27 PM
mnl
Instructor

Originally Posted by TC Cruising
Thank you; just saved $520.
no problem, that was exactly my thought process as well. i like the black headlights but if the only difference is color i rather skip it. found the conversation with my sales guy when asking about PDLS vs PDLS+ options mentioned on the configurator:

Old 03-07-2024 | 09:27 PM
Seanlabonte
Platinum Dealer
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

On the dealer configurator side PDLS+ is only available with the Matrix headlamps..

Old 03-07-2024 | 09:29 PM
mnl
Instructor

Originally Posted by Seanlabonte
On the dealer configurator side PDLS+ is only available with the Matrix headlamps..
welp, no idea then! my sales guy said he saw PDLS+ on all premium package options on his end 🤷🏻‍♂️
Old 03-08-2024 | 04:29 PM
kayjh
Drifting

OP, I'd get the dealer to call Porsche USA and confirm what lighting system comes with each option. When I look at the information boxes for the lighting options, only "Black Matrix incl PDLS+" mentions PDLS+. I note that the information box for PDLS+ doesn't include the normal warning we see for all Porsche models that the individual LED functionality is disabled for the US market. We know that they have not been approved so I'd say the configurator is not fully updated with the correct information. I don't think your dealer needs to wait for "training" to get answers from Porsche on what option your car will be delivered with.
Old 03-08-2024 | 04:40 PM
TC Cruising
Racer

Agree fully. Porsche did a great job getting out so much info on the configurator so quickly but we have all been aware that there are upgrade-explanations needed, and even a couple out right errors. According to PcarWhisperer, he expects the upgrades configurator to be out approximately in the next ten days. We all hope so!
Old 03-08-2024 | 06:38 PM
Dgkli
Advanced

So, to summarize, there is a lot of educated-guessing and reasonable-assuming but no certainty on this subject at the moment.
mnl (03-08-2024)
Old 03-17-2024 | 06:53 PM
Dgkli
Advanced

A minor but possibly clarifying update. The original reason for my question was the fact that the black matrix design option was the only option on the configurator that referred to pdls+ specifically, causing me to wonder why that would be. That reference to pdls+ has now been removed so all 3 versions of matrix design headlights are now comparable.
mnl (03-18-2024)

Quick Reply: Macan EV: How to be sure Macan 4 build has PDLS+