Notices
Macan EV Discuss the 2024 Porsche Macan EV
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Macan EV: Power Charge Port Cover... does it worK?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2024 | 06:18 PM
Tito Gryn
3rd Gear

Default Power Charge Port Cover... does it worK?

I currently drive a Taycan 4CT 2021 with a manual Charge port cover. on many occasions I had to press the cover multiple times untill the lock engaged properly.
i'm building a Macan EV and wonder if the Power charger Port cover is a good safe option.
Thanks
The following users liked this post:
TC Cruising (03-05-2024)
Old 03-05-2024 | 06:39 PM
TC Cruising
Racer

I have had the same question as a result of seeing the almost every video reviewer have to try several times get the Macan’s charging port door to get it to open. And unlike the Taycan’s, opening the Macan’s power door is going to always result in multiple finger prints. I am hoping that we are still looking at prototype Macan power charging port doors that will be improved, or that on its non-power one a single fingerprint is going to easily and always work via a pressure switch.

To me spending $580 on its power port door is still a future decision. .
Old 03-05-2024 | 07:13 PM
daveo4porsche
Rennlist Member

the power charge port cover on my Tesla's and my 2020 Taycan is one of life's little pleasures - it's worked great on my Taycan

NOTE: the key feature for me isn't that it "opens" - it's that it closes when you unplug and walk away to put the cord back…I severely miss a power charge port cover on my 2021 Cayenne eHybrid.

for me it's the "auto close" that is the killer feature - opening not so much.

I've checked the box on my Macan build for this - one of the first boxes checked as I played with the configurator.

Last edited by daveo4porsche; 03-05-2024 at 07:18 PM.

Quick Reply: Macan EV: Power Charge Port Cover... does it worK?