Notices

Thief during Sebring DE

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2013 | 09:03 PM
theinz
Track Day

Default Thief during Sebring DE

This a letter started during the last weekends PCA event at Sebring a helmet with Proffesional Hans and full communication was stolen from Paddock. Most of us leave all of our possesions out and avaiable while out on the track for a 30 minute session. Time to be aware

Facebook
Suncoast PCA Fan page (not the official club page)

Hey Guys,

Someone stole my helmet & Hans Device from Sebring's PCA Event yesterday, and I've heard that a few other items came up missing from other members. The theft occurred on Sunday between 2:45 & 3:45. The thief also stole my intercom system.

This theft occurred in the back concrete paddock about 2/3 rds of the way down along the inside fence. Mike recalled seeing some guy with a canvas bag walking around the pits that did not look like he belonged with the club. The guy was about 6' tall white, and was wearing a fishing style hat.

If you guys could help me start an email "thread" on this with other PCA members I would appreciate it, as someone may have seen the theft occur. The Hans was a Pro-series carbon fiber, and the helmet was a black & Orange G-Force with flames fading into checkered flags, and it had a white blood type sticker on the back

We need to catch this son of a bitch and crucify him. There is a lot of trust involved at the track and we all help each other out. It would be a shame that we would all have to lock our cars & trailers before going out into a run group or with a student.

Rokket Horton,
Old 02-25-2013 | 09:04 PM
theinz
Track Day

From Mike:
saw was walking around in the back paddock area. I was fueling my car next to Rokket's truck when he walked between Rokket and Tom's trailers. I think this was just before the first afternoon (1:30?) yellow session. He looked to be about 60 years old, white and was wearing a hat. He just appeared to looking at the cars and walked on through when I saw him. Really not that unusual at these events. This was the only time I saw this guy. I guess we all need to be on the look out for this from now on. I will check to see if we can limit access to the track for participants, their family and guests.
Old 02-26-2013 | 12:16 AM
Rokket
Rennlist Member

Default Helmet Found

Hey Tom,

Thanks for posting this. Someone found the helmet in a remote part of the paddock. Whoever nabbed the gear decided to ditch it way the hell far away from where we were, but the intercom is still missing.

Quick Reply: Thief during Sebring DE