Notices

Help Me Choose . . .

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 06:45 PM
RJT
Lifetime Member

Received 317 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by Bull
July, August and September. Or, go east of the Cascades for a dry climate.

My wife spent the first half of ours here, www.thephoenician.com then moved up to the Oak Creek Canyon here, www.junipine.com. Mmmm, a private hot tub outside your bedroom on your deck overhanging the Oak Creek! It was a great 3+ weeks.
THUMBS UP!!!!

PERFECT place and perfect time of the year too!!!! Sedona in the fall??? Yummy......
Old 09-18-2008, 08:15 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Bull
July, August and September. Or, go east of the Cascades for a dry climate.

My wife spent the first half of ours here, www.thephoenician.com then moved up to the Oak Creek Canyon here, www.junipine.com. Mmmm, a private hot tub outside your bedroom on your deck overhanging the Oak Creek! It was a great 3+ weeks.
Originally Posted by RJT
THUMBS UP!!!!

PERFECT place and perfect time of the year too!!!! Sedona in the fall??? Yummy......
Of course I meant to type "My wife and I...". At least I think she let me stay....

Ours was in May (we got married in Scottsdale also), but it works equally well in the Fall.
Old 09-18-2008, 10:06 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 176 Likes on 112 Posts

Does the team have a greater expert on honeymoons than Bull?
Old 09-18-2008, 10:15 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Mike in Chi
Does the team have a greater expert on honeymoons than Bull?
Well, I could cover all of them for you......by far the very best was the first, which was 10 days spent on a 40 foot Tollycraft on Lake Pend Oreille out of Sand Point, Idaho...well you would have had to have been there. http://www.visitidaho.org/thingstodo....aspx?id=30620.

But, lets just stay with the latest and greatest!
Old 09-18-2008, 10:23 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,415 Likes on 756 Posts

Originally Posted by Bonster
Okay, it's getting down to the wire here. John wants ME to choose where we'll go on our honeymoon, but it can't be somewhere I've already been. I've been to Australia and Africa, so those two are out. I just want to go somewhere where I can relax and don't have to (believe it or not) do a lot of driving around. My brain's a blank. Any help?
Bacara resort, Santa Barbara, California, USA.
Old 09-18-2008, 11:17 PM
himself
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

Okay, it's getting down to the wire here. John wants ME to choose where we'll go on our honeymoon, but it can't be somewhere I've already been. I've been to Australia and Africa, so those two are out. I just want to go somewhere where I can relax and don't have to (believe it or not) do a lot of driving around. My brain's a blank. Any help?
This place was awesome. http://www.namalefiji.com/

All inclusive and well worth the price.

-td
Old 09-19-2008, 12:31 AM
RJT
Lifetime Member

Received 317 Likes on 140 Posts

Croatia !!! It's still nice in October and you'll have the place to yourself. All the tourists will be gone by them. Lot cheaper than Greece or Italy and the food is a cross between the two.

http://www.primosten.info/
Old 09-19-2008, 07:07 AM
jester911
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bon, this is one of the places my wife and I are going next year for our 25th anniversary.

http://www.santorini.com/
Old 09-19-2008, 04:58 PM
Adrienne
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

Adrienne . . . that cruise was exactly the itinerary John had found for October! Woah. Great minds think alike? I'm not sure if he's still going to do it . . . I'll let ya know. But I know we can't do it in November -- we both have plans already. He's going TDY and I've got to fly out to California to put on a track weekend. Then let's not forget Thanksgiving. Ack! Busy month!

That place is spectacular, Mike! We'll have to look into that one. I'm still leaning heavily towards Italy, though. I like the food there.
That's just too coincidental! We're getting married on the same day AND looking into the same honeymoon? Woah, that's like...COSMIC!! Apparently we are kindred spirits and need to meet in person! Just think of a place, and I'll see you there! You won't even have to tell me where...I'll know....
Old 09-20-2008, 03:42 PM
ltcjmramos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 143 Likes on 91 Posts

I've traveled throughout the world (military, business, and vacation), and keep going back to New Zealand.
Attached Images  
Old 09-20-2008, 05:52 PM
Food Angel
Off-Topic Admin
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I guess that my suggestion of a nice Bed and breakfast in Maine would fall a little flat comparatively...

We went to Camden for our honeymoon in the middle of October. Beautiful foliage, no crowds at all.
Old 09-21-2008, 02:03 PM
Bonster
Moderator and 993 whisperer
Lifetime Rennlist

Well, we finally decided. Being as we waited so long, most of the places (including a few suggestions you all had) were booked or outrageously priced at this time of year. We are leaving October 13th and returning October 29th from a trip that includes London, Paris, and Rome. This feeds John's desire to see the UK again, and mine to see Italy. Paris . . . well . . . it's part of the package. I'd rather skip it and go straight to Italy. The cost for BOTH of us, believe it or not, was only about $4500! John thought it was high, but I was actually relieved. Compared to some of the other places we were looking at, I think we got a good deal. Hopefully I'll be saying that a month from now, lol. Thanks again for all the input. I'll be using those ideas for future vacations.
Old 09-21-2008, 05:18 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

So much for keeping the money in the USA.....

Seriously, I'm sure you will enjoy yourselves, which is what it is all about!
Old 09-21-2008, 07:10 PM
Bonster
Moderator and 993 whisperer
Lifetime Rennlist

Sorry Bob, I tried. He just called me up the other day while at the travel agency and asked if it was good. It sounded okay, so I just said go for it. We've (well, more he than I actually) put off these plans for far too long and we were not left with as many choices. Doh! But hey, we kept some of the money in the US -- those travel agents aren't free ya know.
Old 09-23-2008, 12:56 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,415 Likes on 756 Posts

Bonni, make sure you dress like this

Quick Reply: Help Me Choose . . .