Notices

Okay... 'Fellow' HWFM FEMALE Teamates

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 07:56 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 176 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by Adrienne

Further concepts were discussed, and at this point, the calendar will likely be a 16-month. I sure hope that's the way it goes, as I'd hate to see any of our Rennlist ladies miss out on the fun.
16 women. 16 months.
Good solution ladies. The wisdom of Solomon. Or Salome...
Old 08-18-2008, 08:36 PM
TR6
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mike in Chi
16 women. 16 months.
I agree completely. I read in the other thread that someone pointed out that if there is a 16 month calendar, it will hurt the income stream for the following year since there wouldn't be a need for a new calendar for Jan 2010.

Two ideas to deal with that:
1) Charge 50% more for the 16 month calendar vs. the 12 month version and everybody is a winner.
2) Roll out a new calendar for Jan 2010 anyway. So they overlap. Big deal. Most of us don't get tired of both seeing WOR with cool cars or coughing up some cash for a good cause.

Y'all are onto a good thing here. Keep up the great work!
Old 08-18-2008, 09:44 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 341 Likes on 152 Posts

It's all done..... Cassandra has all the pictures now and I can breath.

There was just too much drama and too many nasty PM's this year from the get go.

Had all 30 gals who said YES (22) and MAYBE (8) come though this 'blow up' would never have happened. There would have been more girls on the bench than in the calendar. But as it sits now, to leave four on the bench.... that's just cruel. I couldn't and wouldn't do it. I've been on the bench before and it is not fun. No matter how old you are. It hurts.

Also it did hurt my feelings being called a grandma in her 356, especially when you are the one who was at that time, working hard at trying to make this calendar happen. Funny thing is, I don't frequent the 928 forum much, but I received and email telling me to go check out what was happening in that thread.......................

The pulling of my picture was just a knee jerk reaction because I was hurt.

My picture will still be in it.... even if I'm just an ugly old grandma in a 356 as one 928er chose to call me....

BTW: The idea is to have a POSTER Calendar come out in January.....................
BUT I will not be working on it (sorry John). It is time to let those that want to do it all have it all, nasty grams and all.....

Old 08-18-2008, 09:48 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RJT

The pulling of my picture was just a knee jerk reaction because I was hurt.

My picture will still be in it.... even if I'm just an ugly old grandma in a 356 as one 928er chose to call me....

Thanks again for all of the hard work on this! I know you have been taking crap by PM, which is unacceptable.

And here I thought he was calling me an ugly old grandma in a 356.....
Old 08-18-2008, 09:58 PM
Veloce Raptor
Team Owner

Received 1,539 Likes on 812 Posts

Wow, this thread sure took a depressing turn. Sorry to hear of your troubles, J.
Old 08-18-2008, 10:06 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

JoAnne, There's always going to be some lowlife, numb-skull skulking around, but there's not a guy on this forum that doesn't think you're a hottie, and doesn't appreciate your efforts on the calendar.
Old 08-18-2008, 10:34 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by mglobe
JoAnne, There's always going to be some lowlife, numb-skull skulking around, but there's not a guy on this forum that doesn't think you're a hottie, and doesn't appreciate your efforts on the calendar.
Thanks Mike... LOL, but how can that be???I'm just a grandma with a lowey356.... and now I don't even have that anymore......

It's over. we have pretty much all kissed and made up, at least with the few that have called me back......................

You know, I only took over the gathering of the pictures part because JohnD. wanted me too. I have more of an artistic eye and John asked me and intrusted me with trying to get the best pictures possible out of the girls. It's not like I was going to try to hoard all the work and the glory too. I just wanted to make John Happy with the pictures and the calendar, that's all.
Next year I'm going to be like Adrienne and the other smart WOR, take a picture (or 150!!!) and send them in. Let someone else foot the MOR and the Wives of the MOR and the SO of the MOR and the suggestion and the innuendo's from a very few other WOR.......... I love helping John in anyway I can, and this was the way I thought I could help, but now I know I have to find some other way. I can deal with MEN 24/7, I have managed men 24/7, sometimes I feel like I'm banging their heads against the wall, and they still don't get it, but they atleast back down (except for a few this year!!!) , but I get it done. But women..... not so well. If it has estrogen coursing through its veins....... Walk away JoAnne, Walk away......

I learned my lesson the hard way. What;s the saying Burned once shame on you, burned twice shame on me? Well meet Me, and I'm not getting burned again next year.

Just becuase I love you guys sooooo much I'm getting another teaser ready for y'all.

ADRIENNE!!! Where's your Teaser?????
Old 08-18-2008, 10:40 PM
Veloce Raptor
Team Owner

Received 1,539 Likes on 812 Posts

$200 and 10 lattes, I can make them all disappear.
Old 08-18-2008, 11:48 PM
Electric Lizard
Pinecone Watchman
Rennlist Member

Received 373 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by RJT

You know, I only took over the gathering of the pictures part because JohnD. wanted me too. I have more of an artistic eye and John asked me and intrusted me with trying to get the best pictures possible out of the girls. It's not like I was going to try to hoard all the work and the glory too. I just wanted to make John Happy with the pictures and the calendar, that's all.
Next year I'm going to be like Adrienne and the other smart WOR, take a picture (or 150!!!) and send them in. Let someone else foot the MOR and the Wives of the MOR and the SO of the MOR and the suggestion and the innuendo's from a very few other WOR.......... I love helping John in anyway I can, and this was the way I thought I could help, but now I know I have to find some other way. I can deal with MEN 24/7, I have managed men 24/7, sometimes I feel like I'm banging their heads against the wall, and they still don't get it, but they atleast back down (except for a few this year!!!) , but I get it done. But women..... not so well. If it has estrogen coursing through its veins....... Walk away JoAnne, Walk away......
Now that you've got that out, cheer up!

Lloyd Bridges feels your pain:

Old 08-19-2008, 12:05 AM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Oh I'm HAPPY NOW!!!

The pictures are in Cassandras very capable, trained, professional, hands and that makes me very happy. This is going to be a kick butt calendar!!!!! I'm not saying that it wouldl not have been good if we did it the way we did last year, because that was great too, but this will be more professional in appearance than Shutterfly. Complete with pictures of the kids from John's school scattered about the calendar to remind us what this calendar was REALLY about. Charity and helping KIDS in need.

My job is done!!!! I wanted to produce individual posters of all the gals that can be sold after the calendar sales happen, I know Adrienne would sell a TON, but I don't think I'll be wanting to even attempt to do that. Why get beat up... more....... Hmmm.... I can just wait till I win the lottery and then write a check for Rennwish, I WISH!!!! Actually that is a dream of mine.........................

Now where my camera so I can get that teaser taken for y'all................
Old 08-19-2008, 12:36 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,267 Likes on 1,928 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in Chi
16 women. 16 months.
Quite frankly, a calender with only 12 months is useless. All the calenders I've ever used have at least 14 or more to help with scheduling on the fly to cover the previous Dec. and following Jan.

Truly sorry to here about this situation as it's not only supposed to be for charity, but supposed to be fun. The boobies are great too...
Old 08-19-2008, 01:28 AM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

What about the legs???
Old 08-19-2008, 07:56 AM
SeanR
Rennlist Member

Received 500 Likes on 267 Posts

Originally Posted by RJT
Also it did hurt my feelings being called a grandma in her 356
Jo, as I told you on the phone, in no way was I referring to you. Didn't even cross my mind that someone would take that in a wrong way. Again, my apologies if it upset you. It was joking in general about the age of the cars. And as Dr.Jupe put it, that was all the posts were about.

At least I was able to chit chat with you, and clear the air, although I'm confused a tad from the posts and our conversation. The other detractor has yet to "man up" and return my phone call, expected though.

All is good and a job well done and now it's time to relax and have some fun.
Old 08-19-2008, 11:38 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,267 Likes on 1,928 Posts

Originally Posted by RJT
What about the legs???
As they say in the car business, "Parts is parts". I love them all.
Old 08-19-2008, 12:59 PM
Bonster
Moderator and 993 whisperer
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete
As they say in the car business, "Parts is parts".
***Say that the next time you order chicken ***** in a Chinese restaurant. Seriously, it was on a menu out here. I didn't ask!

Quick Reply: Okay... 'Fellow' HWFM FEMALE Teamates