Notices

It appears a turtle has left the bale...

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 12:03 PM
Circuit Motorsports
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Bonster
ROFL, Circuit (sorry, do not know real name) . . . I know exactly what you mean. That's just her accent, but many in the family still call it Misery, especially in those nasty winters with the freezing rain and such. Lol, that really brought back a memory! I've never been, but I doubt I will ever want to go, either. Then again, I hear ice autocross is a lot of fun.

You know who I am...

Joe aka cooleyjb
Old 02-09-2008, 12:51 PM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I spent 2 summers and 1 winter in Missouri. The country sides are beautiful but the weather really sucks. 20 below in the winter and over 100 degrees and 98% humidity at 6:00p. There are bugs that could carry me away if they cooperated like killer bees. Still, in spite of the weather I have fond memories of that brief sally in my life to Misurah.
Old 02-09-2008, 03:55 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SundayDriver
A guy from New Jersey talking about humidity in Missouri? Well, they have mosquitoes too, but they are not the state bird like your home state.

BTW - I live on the border but on the Kansas side, where the state motto is:
"Committing suicide in Kansas is redundant."
Having spent some time both places, I can tell you that there is no comparison when it comes to humidity. NJ humidity sets in much later in the summer, subsides much earlier, and we get breaks in the high humidity every few days normally. In Northwestern NJ where I am, the 90+ degree days are generally records, while the humidity is also generally lower than the Midwest.

But neither one is exactly Arizona! (and the State bird is attached to your hand, about the middle!)

Last edited by Bull; 02-09-2008 at 04:58 PM.
Old 02-09-2008, 05:45 PM
Bonster
Moderator and 993 whisperer
Lifetime Rennlist

Humidity? You mean it's worse than in Florida??? Woah, if so, that's evil.
Old 02-09-2008, 06:09 PM
SundayDriver
Lifetime Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bull
Having spent some time both places, I can tell you that there is no comparison when it comes to humidity. NJ humidity sets in much later in the summer, subsides much earlier, and we get breaks in the high humidity every few days normally. In Northwestern NJ where I am, the 90+ degree days are generally records, while the humidity is also generally lower than the Midwest.

But neither one is exactly Arizona! (and the State bird is attached to your hand, about the middle!)
I've seen that state bird a lot when driving in New Jersey. Hmmm - some other states too.
Old 02-09-2008, 07:01 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Humidity? You mean it's worse than in Florida??? Woah, if so, that's evil.
In my experience, Southeast and Midwest are in a dead heat tie!
Old 02-09-2008, 07:28 PM
jester911
Drifting

Fla. humidity is tough but I don't think any place tops New Orleans. That place is a hot tub.
Old 02-09-2008, 09:33 PM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

Well, you gotta bear in mind, Jerry, that New Oreleans' water supply is about 80-proof. Up here in the Panhandle, New Orleans is only about three and a half hours away (close to that, anyway -- I've never actually been there yet), so I bet we get similar humidity. Look up Navarre, Florida, 32566 on your favorite maps program and see how close we are. And yeah, 100 degrees in this humidity will have you bowing to your almighty air conditioner!
Old 02-09-2008, 09:59 PM
DaveM993
Drifting

Hey Bull - did you send me your drover CV yet for zee Glen?
Old 02-10-2008, 09:26 AM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by DaveM993
Hey Bull - did you send me your drover CV yet for zee Glen?
Yes, on Friday morning. But, my schedule may be getting screwed up for those dates.....
Old 02-10-2008, 12:33 PM
DaveM993
Drifting

Originally Posted by Bull
Yes, on Friday morning. But, my schedule may be getting screwed up for those dates.....

Can you PM your email address. It didn't come through on Friday so it may have been blocked by my work filter. I'll send you an email and you can respond to it..which should work. I csan get you on the list an anyway...and if your schedule works great!
Old 02-10-2008, 10:16 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,663 Likes on 857 Posts

Originally Posted by SundayDriver
I find it ironic that he billed himself as the Equal Opportunity Offender but bolted as soon as he was offended.

Absolute bull****. I was not offended in any way, and am still not.

I stated clearly my reason: I have much better uses of my time than having to tip-toe around what was supposedly a wide-open forum in fear that's its moderator--who seems unnaturally offended by mild gay jokes & lame animal husbandry humor while keeping secret what apparently is and is not allowed here --will delete or alter my posts, or close threads in which I have posted.

There is a big difference between that & being offended. I find it ironic that you are unaware of that.

Last edited by Veloce Raptor; 02-10-2008 at 10:44 PM.
Old 02-10-2008, 11:34 PM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

I think it is time that we consult the council that may or may not exist, whoever its members might be. Whatever happened to the Doc that was supposed to write up a handbook for us? Or did I misunderstand all that? My brain is kinda slow . . . especially since race season has not really started for us -- though, I will not be racing this year due to my move to Florida in July. So I guess I'll get even rustier and even slower.

Anyway . . . I don't know if this is truly a "wide open forum" or not, Dave, but I can see both sides of the coin. Mike probably just wanted to put the brakes on some stuff going a little overboard. We've pretty much all relied on one another to know where the unspoken line should be drawn. Granted, imho, Mike should have warned you before just deleting posts, etc.. He did re-open at least one thread.

In an attempt to remain "bipartisan", perhaps we should remember that this forum and all sub-forums are owned by JohnD and his Rennlist. JohnD has, in fact, set forth rules on what can and cannot be posted here. Sure, he's been very lenient with us here. We are the outlaws, the outcasts, the turtles. But, we have just as much class as anybody else here. Maybe that's what Mike was trying to preserve, I am not sure. I love your wit and your humor, Dave, and you know that. But I have to also see that other side of the coin in that I also understand why Mike was trying to preserve tact.

So while (again) Mike probably should have PM'd you with a warning before making an example out of you, you also might have been able to tone it down to retain respect of this particular sub-forum from the rest of the Rennlist members. I am seriously trying to be neutral, as like I said, I can see both sides of this situation.

You DO go overboard sometimes, my dear friend Dave, but Mike . . . you sometimes do the same in another vein. I know we as a rule don't like rules as turtles, but unfortunately, maybe we should consider a few unwritten ideals just to keep this from happening again.

Now, some of you might fart or burp after seeing my post, and think that maybe Mike and myself are too **** retentive about what should and should not be posted. You all know me, I like (almost) everybody, and I really hate to see folks at odds with each other, no matter how minor the situation might be.

Bear in mind, however, how many painful weeks I had to put up with the ridicule of merely using the term neener-neener. If I can recover from that torment, Dave, I am sure you can, too.

And to close this book . . . Dave, come back. So what if he deletes your posts every now and then. I'm here . . . is that not a good enough reason to stay? Yeah, as if, lol. You kids get along or I swear I'll take your keys away and play without you. ROFL.
Old 02-10-2008, 11:37 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Bear in mind, however, how many painful weeks I had to put up with the ridicule of merely using the term neener-neener. If I can recover from that torment, Dave, I am sure you can, too.
She did it again! Ban her damn it!
Old 02-10-2008, 11:47 PM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

Hey, Mike . . . yo! BITE ME. ROFL. Nah, I was just trying to lighten the mood. I hate it when folks aren't getting along. If I needed to hear arguing, I'd go visit my parents, lol.

Quick Reply: It appears a turtle has left the bale...