Notices

Application To Date My Daugter (worthy repost)

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2008, 10:25 PM
deep_uv
RIP

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Food Angel
LMAO....

And why did it take me SO LONG to realize the absolute filth of that name?
Cuz your a girl.
Old 01-27-2008, 11:14 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,666 Likes on 859 Posts

Originally Posted by Bonster
I always wondered where the name "Beaver Cleaver" came from. Until I met VR . . . bwahahaha.
Chicks dig it.

Old 01-28-2008, 05:59 PM
JEC_31
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Every time I get the old "Daddy's Rules" e-mail, I grin.

In 1989, I was 16 and still wet behind the ears. I had met a girl at a Christian Rock concert and we hit it off right away.

I get directions to her house from her mom (because the girl was not very good with directions, ever) and borrowed my parent's Dodge Caravan to make the trip there, about a half-hour journey from my backwoods to her suburb.

She greets me at the door and brings me into a long narrow living room. At the far end of the room is a giant bearded man sitting in an easy chair surround by weaponry. Two long rifles with scopes, an assortment of hunting knives, a massive large-caliber long-barreled revolver, with boxes of ammo and cleaning supplies.

The girl happily introduces me to her father and explains that he is preparing to go on a big hunting trip out West. He looks up from the rifle he is cleaning and looks me right in the eyes. He does not say a word or hold out his hand, he just coldly stares me down.

I grin, sweat, stammer, and fidget while I am introduced to Mom and Little Sister... because Dad keeps his dark eyes on me while he cleans that rifle. And when he's done with it, he carefully lays it down and picks up a wickedly long hunting knife - and begins to sharpen it. Slowly. Wordlessly. While looking right at me with that same cold, calculating stare.

Man, was I glad when he went on that hunting trip.
Old 01-29-2008, 04:26 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 177 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by Bonster
I always wondered where the name "Beaver Cleaver" came from. Until I met VR . . . bwahahaha.

Exceptional use of ironic hyperbole, Bonni.
You've learned well in your time with us.

Quick Reply: Application To Date My Daugter (worthy repost)