Notices

Nomination of Peter Stout (Excellence Mag)

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2007, 07:18 PM
Tom W
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Nomination of Peter Stout (Excellence Mag)

There is an article about racing with PRC that Peter Stout wrote after spending a weekend racing with us in the current edition of Excellence Magazine. After putting it down, it struck me as a perfect application to HWFM Racing. I think we should make Pete a member. Having spent the weekend with him, I know he has the right attitude and he's not afraid to tell the world about his racing prowess.

He spun in the middle of a race and ended up pointing the wrong way (I think I have the video of it, it was a surprise to round the turn and see him pointing straight at us). He finished 14 of 15 and was happy. He had fun doing it.
Old 12-22-2007, 08:34 PM
Bonster
Moderator and 993 whisperer
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree, Tom, that your pal is a nominee we should all consider. He's not as bad as me, though. My first race I finished 14/17 . . . but position 17 was a DNF, 16 was a DNS, and 15 was some kid that was even more green to the sport than I am, and he was in an old RX-7. I didn't care -- at least I finished!

BTW, Tom, how come YOU have not applied? Are you just too fast for us turtles?
Old 12-22-2007, 11:13 PM
Tom W
Addict
Rennlist Member

Bonni: I drive a car that is proudly labeled as "Tom's Turtle". I've been a member for a long time - I think I'm 40-something on the list that Danny used to keep. My trailer sports a large "Hey Wait for Me! Racing decal and I'm the keeper of the West Coast's HWFMR Banner.
Old 12-23-2007, 11:31 AM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom W
Bonni: I drive a car that is proudly labeled as "Tom's Turtle". I've been a member for a long time - I think I'm 40-something on the list that Danny used to keep. My trailer sports a large "Hey Wait for Me! Racing decal and I'm the keeper of the West Coast's HWFMR Banner.
See? This is exactly why we need to see the results of the current project underway in the PCOC! At least i think it is underway.............
Old 12-23-2007, 01:13 PM
jester911
Drifting

I don't think anyone has rattled the Docs cage in while. Maybe he is asleep in there.

Peter sounds like he has the right stuff to me.

Last edited by jester911; 12-23-2007 at 05:52 PM.
Old 12-23-2007, 05:17 PM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

Sorry about that, Tom. I didn't see it in your sig, so presumed otherwise. So you are an undercover turtle, then?
Old 12-23-2007, 09:53 PM
RickBetterley
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by jester911
I don't think anyone has rattled the Docs cage in while. Maybe he is asleep in there.

Peter sounds like he has the right stuff to me.
I think he is busy playing racing video games with Gary.
Old 12-24-2007, 12:00 AM
Tom W
Addict
Rennlist Member

Bonnie: Dr of Donuts is not something to advertise in a sig line. I got that moniker when we would have 7 am fun runs (and I am not a morning person - I would stop and get the donuts and some other kind soul would bring the coffee - my eyes might open before we would head out for fun at 8ish). One day I'll come up with something new/better, but I'm not in any hurry.
Old 12-24-2007, 07:51 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 176 Likes on 112 Posts

Hey Tom

Great to hear from you.

Yes Bonni, Tom is one of the early Turtles.

Have a seat, some of the noobs are pretty funny.
Old 12-24-2007, 10:54 PM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

Wait . . . Mike (chister) . . . were not the original Turtles a 'satanic' rock group from the 50's? Kinda like the Four Freshmen and such? ))
Old 12-27-2007, 11:55 PM
deep_uv
RIP

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom W
There is an article about racing with PRC that Peter Stout wrote after spending a weekend racing with us in the current edition of Excellence Magazine. After putting it down, it struck me as a perfect application to HWFM Racing. I think we should make Pete a member. Having spent the weekend with him, I know he has the right attitude and he's not afraid to tell the world about his racing prowess.

He spun in the middle of a race and ended up pointing the wrong way (I think I have the video of it, it was a surprise to round the turn and see him pointing straight at us). He finished 14 of 15 and was happy. He had fun doing it.
So Tom, are we going to get the chance to see some examples of slowness and ineptitude from this potential member? Will we have the opportunity to taunt him? Just askin.

I'm still two morning constitutionals from getting to that article but I'm thinking he might be fast.
Old 12-28-2007, 02:57 AM
Tom W
Addict
Rennlist Member

I'm not sure how soon Pete will be back out to race. As he mentions in the article, racing is very different from DE and it's not for everyone. We gave him plenty of good natured ribbing (along with plenty of encouragement) in his debut. He was properly slow - I lapped him in both races.

Actually racing isn't a requirement for HWFMR membership in any case. You just need the right attitude and lack of driving skills. We do endorse people with skills on occasion (remember our TRG sponsorship?).
Old 12-28-2007, 11:08 PM
deep_uv
RIP

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Fully aware of the non-racing requirement as I fit that category myself.

That article is a great and entertaining read. He definitely exhibits some of the right stuff. As I have not raced yet, it was good hearing that perspective from a first timer.

Quick Reply: Nomination of Peter Stout (Excellence Mag)