Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   "HEY, WAIT FOR ME" Racing Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/hey-wait-for-me-racing-forum-146/)
-   -   My humble application for membership in HWFMR (https://rennlist.com/forums/hey-wait-for-me-racing-forum/395731-my-humble-application-for-membership-in-hwfmr.html)

jester911 12-05-2007 11:39 AM

My humble application for membership in HWFMR

Well I figure I have been hanging around here long enough. I might as well throw my hat in the ring. Funny how this forum went from a place to pull GRs strings to a forum with folks I feel I have gotten to know even if only on line. I truly hope to see you guys at a track or two in the near future.

Anyway so I guess one of the requirements I need to meet is giving an embarrassing moment on the track.
This actually happened to me on the very first time I ever drove a car on track.
Some racer friends of mine rented TGPR in Ala. and asked me to bring my car.

So the second or third lap I start hearing this funny sound coming from the rear of the car. I pull into the pit area and the car idles fine and nothing seems wrong.
I go back out and it doing even worse. I come back in and we jack up the back of the car. Now I have to say here that the week before I had just installed new wheels with adapters for spacing. Well smart guy that I am I didn't torque the nuts holding the adapters to the hubs and both sides had come loose.
One of the guys with me said "So basically you went out with loose wheels."

Anyway so after that they started calling me Lugnut . Fitting I suppose.

As for proof of slowness on track I don't have video but I can present you with mylaps lap time at drivers school. Look for #36 on the list here.
http://www.buccaneerregion.org/club/...1_SAT_RACE.pdf
Now I will say that I have done a 1:30 in my car since then so I am a little better but still slow.

I guess my title could be something like Torquemaster or the like. I am also a carpenter by trade as well as doing plumbing, electrical, etc. so I could also be Jack-of-all-trades-master-of-none.

Well there you have it.:to_order:

Bull 12-05-2007 01:10 PM

Team Mal-Adapter?

Director of Mal-adapted modifications?

That is just in case that kiss-ass first paragraph allows him to weasel his way in!

jester911 12-05-2007 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by Bull (Post 4848423)
Team Mal-Adapter?

Director of Mal-adapted modifications?

That is just in case that kiss-ass first paragraph allows him to weasel his way in!

:) Bob, I really wasn't trying to kiss ass there but after rereading it, well...

I was actually sitting there thinking about how this forum and my being here came about. What the hell am I making excuses for. Your the excuse generator.:to_order:

Adrienne 12-05-2007 01:32 PM

Well, you are a very funny guy, and I really do think you would make an excellent teammate. I usually don't give my vote so early, but in this case, I will capitulate, not tarry.

So, to your name: how about Team Jack of no Trades. I like Torquemeister too, considering the story.

Adrienne 12-05-2007 01:33 PM

Wait wait! Do we have a Team Shoe-In???

DaveM993 12-05-2007 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by jester911 (Post 4848082)
One of the guys with me said "So basically you went out with loose nuts."

fixed it for ya....

Adrienne 12-05-2007 01:34 PM

^^^^Oohh...let's work that one into a name.

On second thought...let's not.

Bull 12-05-2007 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by jester911 (Post 4848470)
:) Bob, I really wasn't trying to kiss ass there but after rereading it, well...

Just trying to help out wherever I can....

DaveM993 12-05-2007 01:46 PM

Inspector of Nuts

jester911 12-05-2007 01:49 PM

Torquemeister has nice ring. Inspector of Nuts, not so much.:)

DaveM993 12-05-2007 01:50 PM

Manager of Loose Nuts

I am sure we can go on and on...

I like - Director of the "Are your nuts loose, let me fix that for you" Department

Adrienne 12-05-2007 02:40 PM

Nutsmeister? Nut inspector? Nutin spector? Jack of Nutin??

DaveM993 12-05-2007 03:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)

paradisenb 12-05-2007 03:42 PM

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Keep your mouth shut if you know what's good for ya!

jester911 12-05-2007 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by DaveM993 (Post 4848917)

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao: