Notices

Slow much?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 11:41 PM
ronbo56
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Slow much?

You've heard the expression, "Win on Sunday, sell on Monday"? How about "Licensed on Friday, lose on Saturday"?

I'm not sure what the rules are for this club of yours, but I gather it has something to do with going slow. If that's the case, I'd like to point out that I had the dubious honor of finishing last overall (out of 47 entries) in my first ever race last Saturday at WGI with NASA. The entire day was Code Brown.

Sunday was actually much better - a good qualifying position (thank you Hoosier Wets) and a competitive race - but I prefer to focus on how nervous I was on Friday (observation for comp license ~ bar exam) and how scared I was on Saturday (getting hit on first lap of qualifying, restart with fast cars behind me, etc.).

I'm not applying or anything - I'm with Groucho on joining clubs - but I thought that if you had a taste for the macabre you'd enjoy hearing from someone who went from Green to racing in one season, without ever actually leaving Green.
Old 10-18-2007, 07:54 AM
Food Angel
Off-Topic Admin
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Hm....

Not sure. If he's going from green to racing in one season, he's clearly moving things along far too quickly.

I was in green, let's see....in 1994. I made my way from green, to yellow, to white, and did one event in black in....2005. Haven't driven since, so I think I should make my way back to green eventually.
Old 10-18-2007, 08:16 AM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

pffffffft last in first race ever? Who can't do that?

Congrats on making it to the racing scene though.
Old 10-18-2007, 08:56 AM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey, somebody has to be last, otherwise we would never know when the track was cold and it was time to drink beer!
Old 10-18-2007, 10:10 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,418 Likes on 759 Posts

Originally Posted by ronbo56
someone who went from Green to racing in one season, without ever actually leaving Green.
Ron, we've all been there. Congrats, and nice looking 456!

I don't care who you are---the quote above is some funny shiite!

Quick Reply: Slow much?