Room for 1 more

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 01:08 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,335 Likes on 1,974 Posts
Default Room for 1 more

I got to thinking and I thought there must be a place in HWFMR for someone as bipolar and disfunctional as me. As such, I submit my application to the super secret committee that doesn't exist. In reality, I just want one of those cool bumper stickers

My friends and family think I'm nuts because of my "diverse" car collection. I have a 996 GT3, but I recently bought a 2008 Toyota Prius... and I love that car. The technology is great and I recently took a business trip to LA and tried to get the most mileage I could and got these numbers:

1. On the freeway I got 50.3 miles per gallon.

2. In brutal bumper to bumper traffic during rush hour I got 75 MPG basically by using a judicial pedal and using only the electric motor before the engine kicked in.

3. In stop and go traffic I was able to squeeze 67 MPG.

The onboard computer basically is a game to try to get the best fuel mileage.

I thought the car would handle like a brick, but on a freeway exchange, I took it at 80 MPH and the car felt extremely stable. To break in the engine with various engine speeds, the car has done triple digits on open stretches of road.

The funny thing is, I'll track, autocross, or go to the mountains with the GT3 and sometimes buy VP fuels etc. I'm not a tree hugger as I'll drive 1000 miles round trip to do a 1 day track event at my favorite track, Laguna Seca. But during that trip, I'll see how much MPG I can get out of the GT3 in 6th gear crusing at about 70-75. I once got 29 MPG in my M3 on a trip Vegas for a track event -- using no air conditioning in 90-95 degree weather to see if I could get 29 and not 28. Weird.

I'll stop at that before I really embarass myself.
Old 10-04-2007, 01:44 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What !

I can vouch for his Bipolar behavior, kick his app to the curb , PLEASEEEEEE !
Old 10-04-2007, 08:39 AM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

While reading about such exciting things as the mind numbing experiences with a Prius is fascinating, where is the HWFMR application in there?

Nothing makes me want to reach for the RPGs faster than some DUFUS in a Prius trundling down a two lane road at 5-10mph under the posted limit, or 10-20mph below the natural flow of traffic, with a pious, sanctimonious, "I'm getting some great gas mileage for MYSELF" look on his face....with a line of 20-30 vehicles being delayed behind him. I'm talking Justifiable Homicide here!

But, thanks for asking.....
Old 10-04-2007, 11:51 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
What !

I can vouch for his Bipolar behavior, kick his app to the curb , PLEASEEEEEE !

Hey who let you out? Back to the sanitarium.
Old 10-04-2007, 01:51 PM
cooleyjb
Documenter of Ineptitude
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Well you see the problem with the application is that he talks about how good he is at getting gas mileage and then taking interchanges at 80mph in a Prius and then talking about beating fuel mileage.

This sounds way to much like an overachiever trying to get into the group.

Even is Location indicates he as fast as everyone else since he's "tucked behind your rear wing" That would indicate that he is faster than all the non-winged cars and as fast as teh winged ones.

Lets see some moments of true underachievment, and embarrasment.
Old 10-04-2007, 02:50 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cooleyjb
Lets see some moments of true underachievment, and embarrasment.
Yeah, I want to see the Prius at a DE. Tell me that you drove it to a DE, ran it for the weekend, and then went home on the same tank of gas. Then you'll get my secret vote, which I think that I have if in fact I am on the super secret membership committee, which doesn't actually exist.
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 10-04-2007, 02:58 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 256 Likes on 119 Posts

HWFMR is about driving fast cars slowly. Driving a slow car more slowly does not fit the secret criteria (if there are criteria) as may or may not have been set out by the secret selection group - should said group exist in fact.
Old 10-04-2007, 03:29 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bob Rouleau
HWFMR is about driving fast cars slowly. Driving a slow car more slowly does not fit the secret criteria (if there are criteria) as may or may not have been set out by the secret selection group - should said group exist in fact.
But Bob, isn't this the very definition of being bi-polar? Over achiever I am not. I'll leave that up to Larry. BTW, Larry, I seriously considered autocrossing the car, but thought the organizers would have a hard time putting me in a classification (I've got real problems!!)

I'll be at Cal-Speed way this weekend for a 3 day track event. No Prius, but the family will go on up and meet me on Sunday to check out the Regional Kart race at the track too. I've got the extra set of R comps already in the back of the GMC Yukon XL in the event I wear out the ones on the GT3 by Sunday. (Anyone catch the irony of the that? Yukon XL.... Prius.... GT3... seems to make the point doesn't it...)
Old 10-04-2007, 03:36 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by cooleyjb
and embarrasment.
I thought the the original post did that, hence my closing with "let me stop before I really embarass myself".
Old 10-04-2007, 04:33 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just the mere thought of a HWFMR applicant going out and buying a GT3 makes me very suspicious! Take a look at the cars most of us are driving.....cobbled together old school harware that we can barely get around the trck with. Don't be pointing to Mr. R, as he is Canadian and we understand. Hell, I can drive a riding lawnmower slowly (if I wasn't allergic to wor...er, I mean grass). We need to hear about you escapades in the GT3, and don't forget that video is now a requirement that has been not published by the non-existant Membership Committee as part of the lack of guidelines for them to not follow.
Old 10-04-2007, 05:10 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bull
Just the mere thought of a HWFMR applicant going out and buying a GT3 makes me very suspicious! Take a look at the cars most of us are driving.....cobbled together old school harware that we can barely get around the trck with. Don't be pointing to Mr. R, as he is Canadian and we understand. Hell, I can drive a riding lawnmower slowly (if I wasn't allergic to wor...er, I mean grass). We need to hear about you escapades in the GT3, and don't forget that video is now a requirement that has been not published by the non-existant Membership Committee as part of the lack of guidelines for them to not follow.
You want VIDEO??? I'LL F***ING GET YOU VIDEO. I've hired one of the best driving instructors on the Left, er, West Coast.... His name is Francis and from what I've been told, he is a great drover with all kinds of experience in various kinds of cars.

Wait for it.... VR.... post the droving pic... of Francis
Old 10-04-2007, 07:02 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

If you can actually produce video of GR droving your car and giving you instruction, well you MIGHT be considered. Till then...
Old 10-04-2007, 08:09 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mglobe
If you can actually produce video of GR droving your car and giving you instruction, well you MIGHT be considered. Till then...
You know what... I think it'd be cheaper to recind my application than have GR drive my car..

I hear there is any opening now in HWFMR as Boston is on sabatical Sorry Boston, I couldn't help it. It was right there for the taking.
Old 10-05-2007, 12:30 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Hee, hee, Hee,

A GT3 drover my *** , here is a pic of Pete's so called GT3 , a trabant , Francis is the drover........
Attached Images  
Old 10-06-2007, 10:59 PM
fuenfer
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Rouleau
Heh, then you could personally vouch for my HWFMR application. I doubt anyone's ever seen a 997S driven so slowly!

Quick Reply: Room for 1 more