CFSRF Charity Drive

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 01:57 PM
Bonster
Moderator and 993 whisperer
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CFSRF Charity Drive

I am not sure if this is appropriate or not -- if not, let me know and I'll delete the thread immediately.

One of our drivers suggested that we get some kind of fund together to donate to a charity that supports the families of fallen Iraq soldiers. I did a little searching and found a great candidate -- www.cfsrf.org I set up a special PayPal account using soldierfamilyfund@weatherwax.net as the contact. If you would like to donate but do not wish to do so via PayPal, PM me and I'll send you my mailing address.

Our goal is $5000 -- as of this morning we already have $600! Not a bad start. Anyway, I hope this is not bad to post. Like I said, if it gets bad PR, I'll delete it no problem.
Old 09-12-2007, 05:48 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Bonni, I think this is a great idea and I'm sure any help will be appreciated by the right organization. I don't know about others, but in this part of the country the people who are interested in helping have been doing so for many years, and in some cases in very significant ways. Therefore most are already closely involved with the agencies, foundations, etc. of their choice and continue to provide support through those channels, as my wife and I do.
Old 09-12-2007, 06:20 PM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

T.E.A.M. Racing raises funds every year for a charity or two -- this year at our big Thanksgiving raffle (it's actually the Friday before Thanksgiving) we are sending funds to John D for his Rennwish program. A few years back we raised $6k for the NY Firefighter's Fund. I just figure we have all these drivers and instructors in one room (at our track events), why not try and do something good? I'm real glad to hear that you and your wife are so supportive as well. I respect you that much more now.
Old 09-12-2007, 08:17 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

I'm in. And since this is the HWFMR forum where irreverence rules, I gotta say it was worth the money to make the music on that website stop! Thanks for giving us the opportunity Bonni. You're ok, no matter what VR says about you.
Old 09-12-2007, 08:48 PM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

I never heard the music, Mike. I never turn on my sound unless I need to. All the stupid little Windows sounds are enough to drive me crazy. Oh, wait .. . I already am crazy. Well, you get my point.

VR? Talk about me? Surely it's all of his comments on how beautiful I am. Yeah, as if.
Old 09-12-2007, 09:39 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Bonster
T.E.A.M. Racing raises funds every year for a charity or two -- this year at our big Thanksgiving raffle (it's actually the Friday before Thanksgiving) we are sending funds to John D for his Rennwish program. A few years back we raised $6k for the NY Firefighter's Fund. I just figure we have all these drivers and instructors in one room (at our track events), why not try and do something good? I'm real glad to hear that you and your wife are so supportive as well. I respect you that much more now.
Every little bit (of respect) helps.....
Old 09-12-2007, 10:37 PM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

Aww, come on, Bob . . . you know I respect you. If I didn't, would I bother giving you such a hard time?
Old 09-13-2007, 07:56 AM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Aw gee shucks......