Notices

GCC07 is gonna be goooooood. be there, or be a real chicken

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2007, 12:52 AM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bonster
The thing you are all missing here is that you need to rent a track, get the corner workers, etc., before you can even do this supposed challenge. I'd host it, but it costs about $10k per day just to run say, Thunderhill. Another suggestion might be to go to a NASA time trial and pay your entry fees plus the $5k proposed 'bet'. If your cars are all race-prepared (as in, they are at least log bookable), I can put something together at either Reno-Fernley or Thunderhill. It will cost less money, but I'd still need ya'll to pitch in. I can do all the organizing, no worries. But I'd need some serious committment before I call the track and pursue arrangements. Just a thought . . .
ncal tracks are all $$$ and as u know thill is the cheapest out of TH, LS, SP. there are other tracks that can be had for $5k or less. just have to shop around. i'm hoping with the charity angle i can score some discounts from track rental. i just research more and it down and write a proposal. anyh000 gtg. need to tidy up few more things on FartMachine.
Old 06-02-2007, 02:13 AM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 177 Likes on 113 Posts

Gag me
Old 06-02-2007, 11:03 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,667 Likes on 860 Posts

The thing you are all missing here is that you need to rent a track, get the corner workers, etc., before you can even do this supposed challenge. I'd host it, but it costs about $10k per day just to run say, Thunderhill. Another suggestion might be to go to a NASA time trial and pay your entry fees plus the $5k proposed 'bet'. If your cars are all race-prepared (as in, they are at least log bookable), I can put something together at either Reno-Fernley or Thunderhill. It will cost less money, but I'd still need ya'll to pitch in. I can do all the organizing, no worries. But I'd need some serious committment before I call the track and pursue arrangements. Just a thought . . .
(please respond, so the chinese RACIST will see it)

No, you don't. My repeated offer to him was to do it in a test & tune day or a DE day, using the same car. Keeps costs VERY low, evens the playing field (both have to deal with traffic & passing rules), etc.

But the pink haired pole smoker IS TOO MUCH OF A COWARD TO FULFIL A CHALLENGE HE HIMSELF MADE.

He knows that I would clean his clock, and wipe the track with his fluorescent mullet.
Old 06-02-2007, 11:27 AM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
(please respond, so the chinese RACIST will see it)

No, you don't. My repeated offer to him was to do it in a test & tune day or a DE day, using the same car. Keeps costs VERY low, evens the playing field (both have to deal with traffic & passing rules), etc.

But the pink haired pole smoker IS TOO MUCH OF A COWARD TO FULFIL A CHALLENGE HE HIMSELF MADE.

He knows that I would clean his clock, and wipe the track with his fluorescent mullet.
Old 06-02-2007, 12:03 PM
Bonster
Moderator and 993 whisperer
Lifetime Rennlist

Actually, Frank, Reno-Fernley is the cheapest track around at the moment. That will change as its popularity grows, though. VR had a very good suggestion -- just go to a test and tune day. You have to have a race-prepared car, though, so make sure you can pass tech and you're good to go. I don't recommend doing this at a DE though -- you might **** off the organizer or the flaggers if they consider you guys driving 'aggressively'.
Old 06-02-2007, 12:05 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,667 Likes on 860 Posts

Thanks, Mike.
Old 06-02-2007, 12:21 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

anytime VR. Just maintaining our share of the investment in the Rennjoke we own

Last edited by Mike in Chi; 06-02-2007 at 12:57 PM.
Old 06-02-2007, 01:48 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

As usual, and as I have said many times in the past, I'm in for whatever a responsible adult on this Forum sets up.

On the other hand, we all know that GhettoChicken**** couldn't organize his buddies into a Gay Pride Parade, so we will simply continue to laugh at his ridiculous posting!
Old 06-03-2007, 04:14 AM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

This is from the post that started this thread:

Originally Posted by GhettoRacer
Couple nights ago I was talking to my pal that has produced a few TV shows... he's also a club racer wannabe pro someday just like me. He wanted some updates on GCC07 and I told him other than the **** BS'ing there were no real news as nobody has done the logistics... The more you doe it, the dumber you will look when you don't show up for GCC07 once the logistics has been worked out. I'll have the last word. Hahaha.
Yet on May 27th Ghetto Capon had already worked most of the logistics out:

here, lets do this one. the new Miata MX-5 Cup cars. that way if one of us turn out to be a MX-5 Cup hot shoe the lap time should reflect it. maybe it will help with my dream of a pro career in the future...

http://skipbarber.com/racing_school/practice.aspx

you pick a date. i'll check my schedule too.

$1195 a day. not bad. leave $805 for airfare/hotel/food. Challenge will be $1000/sec up to 3 sec. so $3000 max.

We both get our own cars. To be more fair, we can switch cars and do average of fastest lap time of both cars.
Of course Mark had put down money to accept ghetto's challenge, forcing ghetto to run and hide.

Amazing how abject terror can cause one to lose all short term memory!

(Frank may need to go to Wiki to find out that a Capon is a male chicken with no *****)
Old 06-03-2007, 05:00 AM
jgrant
Burning Brakes

Couple nights ago I was talking to my pal that has produced a few TV shows... he's also a club racer wannabe pro someday just like me. He wanted some updates on GCC07 and I told him other than the **** BS'ing there were no real news as nobody has done the logistics. After discussing the format a bit he gave me some great ideas. In a moment of clarity (after 6 am Bikram Yoga this morning) I have more ideas. It will be fantastic.

You **** can keep on talking. The more you doe it, the dumber you will look when you don't show up for GCC07 once the logistics has been worked out. I'll have the last word. Hahaha.

Old 06-03-2007, 08:41 AM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

G-C has landed in the ocean of Reality, which is right here in the G-C Forum! He couldn't coexist in Reality, so he was locked up in his tiny cage.

Last edited by Bull; 06-03-2007 at 11:15 AM.
Old 06-03-2007, 10:46 AM
Bonster
Moderator and 993 whisperer
Lifetime Rennlist

Ocean of reality? What ocean? And here all along I thought it was a sea of ****. Shows ya how much I know!
Old 06-03-2007, 11:16 AM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Ocean of reality? What ocean? And here all along I thought it was a sea of ****. Shows ya how much I know!
No, but G-C is trying to turn it into a sea of **** so that he can relate to it!
Old 06-03-2007, 10:29 PM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

i want to beat all you **** at once. i'm afraid if I spank only 1 guy such as SundayDriver the rest of you will be too chicken to race me. so need not worry we'll have big *** all together challenge for bragging rights + money + charity. can't beat that with a bat. possibly some fame too. if there's anything about me you have to give me credit for is i'm in-famous.

keep the talk up. it's all good since the more yall talk the more reason yall better be @ GCC07. or else..... haha, you'll look stupid.
Sunday Driver is old and washed up, beating him won't prove anything.

Just name the time and place and amount and I will be there. Even though you have wavered on everything regarding this challenge, I am still here, still willing to put up the money to show you who is boss...
Old 06-03-2007, 10:31 PM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

I think Glen has offered the use of his track membership and it would cost next to nothing for a mid week event.
So there goes another excuse...

Quick Reply: GCC07 is gonna be goooooood. be there, or be a real chicken