Notices

Crickets...

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2007 | 08:19 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by mglobe
You'll re-think asking that question next January when you're freezing your *** off up there in the "Garden" (cough cough) state.
Ah, I see....another who has never seen the entire State! I don't spend much time here in January....but OK, that is one month.......speaking of cough cough, don't look at the air quality ratings for the two areas, as I don't want to you be depressed!
Old 05-19-2007 | 08:51 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Actually, my sister lived in Princeton for a while, and my wife is from Allentown, so I'm quite familiar with NJ and the surrounding area. It's a fine place to live, and so is Texas.

Now when will those damn crickets shut up so we can hear GR backpedal?
Old 05-19-2007 | 08:56 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Actually, my sister lived in Princeton for a while, and my wife is from Allentown, so I'm quite familiar with NJ and the surrounding area. It's a fine place to live, and so is Texas.

Now when will those damn crickets shut up so we can hear GR backpedal?
As expected, some clear thinking from Houston...it is those Austin guys who are all G-R'd up!

We are as happy that people in Texas like to live in Texas as you are that people who live in the liveable parts of NJ like to live in NJ!
Old 05-19-2007 | 09:15 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by cooleyjb
I'm supposed to fall out of the ugly tree hitting every branch on the way down??? I don't like that idea.

Hahahahahaa!!!

Bob, I love parts of Joisey. My wife and I used to venture up there every summer and have a mini family reunion in Avalon (remember, I am originally from Philly, and still have family there) at the home of my late grandfather. Sadly these ended when he died at age 92. But we really loved it. The weather was great, the beaches were great, and the drive down from Philly was beautiful and green. New Jersey is a beautiful state--even more so in the northern part--that seems to get bad publicity due to Newark, Camden, Trenton, and your succession of wacko governors. But every state has its ****ty cities. Hell, IMO, Houston and Dallas are generally ****holes as well.

How many days over 90 here last year? I dunno. 25 maybe? It was a particularly bad year, much hotter than usual, as was 2005. But 2004 was MUCH cooler and rainer than normal. Hell, we were at the track in August 2004, and it never got over 88. IN AUGUST!
Old 05-19-2007 | 09:58 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Hear the crickets chirp
"He's gone but not forgotten"
Ghetto Wannabe
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 05-20-2007 | 09:39 AM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Hahahahahaa!!!

Bob, I love parts of Joisey. My wife and I used to venture up there every summer and have a mini family reunion in Avalon (remember, I am originally from Philly, and still have family there) at the home of my late grandfather. Sadly these ended when he died at age 92. But we really loved it. The weather was great, the beaches were great, and the drive down from Philly was beautiful and green. New Jersey is a beautiful state--even more so in the northern part--that seems to get bad publicity due to Newark, Camden, Trenton, and your succession of wacko governors. But every state has its ****ty cities. Hell, IMO, Houston and Dallas are generally ****holes as well.

How many days over 90 here last year? I dunno. 25 maybe? It was a particularly bad year, much hotter than usual, as was 2005. But 2004 was MUCH cooler and rainer than normal. Hell, we were at the track in August 2004, and it never got over 88. IN AUGUST!
Mmmm, Avalon, Stone Harbor.......some of the best beaches around!

I'm just taking some random shots at Texas and the Texicans because WTF else is there to do without GhettoeCouldn'tEverBe around here and my next track event not for 3 weeks at The Glen? This great Country has many excellent places to live/visit, all different but interesting. And, there are some very good Countries to visit right next door, like Canada and California!
Old 05-20-2007 | 10:10 AM
Bonster
Moderator and 993 whisperer
Lifetime Rennlist

I was just in Texas yesterday -- on a short lay-over on my way back home. Oh yeah, I guess I better change my location back to California, lol. I have never ventured out while on lay-over in Texas, but I do believe that the folks at the Dallas-Fort Worth airport are friendlier than the folks at the Houston airport for some reason. Overall, everyone I've met from Texas so far during my travels have all been nice folks. Besides, Ron White is from Texas -- it must be a nice place to live.

BTW, I'd rather listen to the crickets than put up with love bugs.
Old 05-20-2007 | 10:12 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bull
Mmmm, Avalon, Stone Harbor.......some of the best beaches around!

I'm just taking some random shots at Texas and the Texicans because WTF else is there to do without GhettoeCouldn'tEverBe around here and my next track event not for 3 weeks at The Glen? This great Country has many excellent places to live/visit, all different but interesting. And, there are some very good Countries to visit right next door, like Canada and California!
All true. And don't forget Flori-DUH.
Old 05-20-2007 | 10:25 AM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

And, there are some very good Countries to visit right next door, like Canada and California!
You left Louisiana off the list of nearby countries.

Oh wait, you were listing ones that were good to visit.
Old 05-20-2007 | 10:28 AM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

The term 'FloriDUH' only applies to Palm Beach County . . . the land of pregnant chads. Floridians consider Georgia its own country, for some reason. I have no idea why, but most Floridians I have met don't like Georgia folks. Hmmm . . . Oh, and you are a little confused about California. It's SOUTHERN California that is its own country -- one most of us here in Cali don't wish to associate with.
Old 05-20-2007 | 10:41 AM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

You left Louisiana off the list of nearby countries.

Oh wait, you were listing ones that were good to visit.
Having spent some time visiting Shreveport due to being responsible for a factory there in a previous life, I get your point. An evening at Mom's Wellhead Tavern in Bozier City was always an exciting experience!
Old 05-20-2007 | 10:42 AM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Bonster
.......................... Hmmm . . . Oh, and you are a little confused about California. It's SOUTHERN California that is its own country -- one most of us here in Cali don't wish to associate with.
And how about The People's Republic of San Francisco, huh, huh!
Old 05-20-2007 | 10:48 AM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

Okay, that's the south bay . . . they don't count, either. Ever played San Francisco poker? Queers are wild and straights don't count.
Old 05-20-2007 | 10:50 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Having spent some time visiting Shreveport due to being responsible for a factory there in a previous life, I get your point. An evening at Mom's Wellhead Tavern in Bozier City was always an exciting experience!
Bob, the correct spelling is "Shrevepit"...
Old 05-20-2007 | 10:52 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bonster
Okay, that's the south bay . . . they don't count, either. Ever played San Francisco poker? Queers are wild and straights don't count.

NorCal & SoCal are both nutty enough to qualify for a fully endorsed secession. The deserve each other, and any attempt to put one on a pedestal while castigating the other is laughable n the extreme (I have lived in both, and my wife grew up in NorCal & went to Berserkley).

Ever been in a Turkish prison? Ever sat on the pilot's lap? Ever seen a grown man naked?

Quick Reply: Crickets...