Notices

Sunday report card, the good, the bad...

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 12:30 PM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in Chi
Archived before the weaseling and rewriting begins. Have fun with this drivel, boys and girls.

Frank, as to your $10,000 challenge to Greg...

Will you escrow the money now?

You have the big mouth. Is it connected to a spine?
I'm not turning 40 until year Nov. of 2013. I'll put $10k in Escrow as long as Greg does the same. I think in beginning of 2013 would be just fine. What's the rush?!
Old 05-01-2007, 12:31 PM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

Originally Posted by Mike in Chi
The total disregard for someone else's car is astonishing.
I was asked to bring the best result possible. Just doing my job son.
Old 05-01-2007, 12:33 PM
Sean F
NASA Racer
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

You gave up as in got off the track? Or

I decided to drive briskly so whoever is behind me will not catch up to me. At cotton corner I get another black flag and I acknowledge. Going through the bus stop I seem to recall the corner worker was waving the black flag and I made sure he saw my hand signal. I look over the gauges and rear view mirror, no change. Then I forgot the exact spot when I started to move offline... I think it was at/after the lost hills flag station.

You kept driving the friggin track spraying oil? Not only did you not pull off track, you kept driving the line by your own admission. Idiot.
Old 05-01-2007, 12:34 PM
TD in DC
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GhettoRacer
Either you guys are mis reading or I was not very clear. As soon as I saw the first black flag I gave up. And there was just 1 corner from start finish to the first corner worker station... clearly some of you have problem focusing on the issue and not the person.
I am not misreading anything. You saw oil on your windshield. As soon as you saw that, you should have known that you were having a problem with your front-engined car REGARDLESS OF WHETHER ANY FLAGGERS SAW IT.

At that point, your duty was to go off line. In a time attack format, you probably should have gone off track and shut the car down immediately.

Again, though, we all make mistakes (I know I do). It is your reaction to the mistakes that is a little astonishing . . .
Old 05-01-2007, 12:34 PM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

I will ask you guys the same question I asked someone else:

The oiling on the windshield was not continuous, it was like a quick squirt and that was it. Since this was not my car and I was just the driver (and asked to drive for the win) I was just trying to do my job. As I have mentioned the smoke in rear view mirror also died pretty quick. I had no reason to suspect the problem was not temporary. Are you telling me that if the same thing happened to you during a race, and you saw no instrumental error/warning and the car while it lost some power, it still have quite a bit of power, you would not finish your race unless you were black flagged? Be honest now. (excuse the lame-o run on sentence)

This was just a "lowly" time attack, but it is still racing (against the clock).
Old 05-01-2007, 12:35 PM
TD in DC
Race Director

I was asked to bring the best result possible. Just doing my job son.
You consider bringing shame on yourself and the car's owners, not to mention maybe trashing his motor, to be the best result possible.

Who knows what would have happened if you had pulled off the track immediately?
Old 05-01-2007, 12:36 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,452 Likes on 776 Posts

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Shut your glory hole, cocknozzle.

YOU SHOULD HAVE GIVEN UP WHEN YOU SAW SMOKE & OIL, YOU ****ING RETARD.

DON'T YOU DARE LECTURE US ON AN INABILITY TO FOCUS ON THE ISSUE, YOU ORANGE-HAIRED TAMPON.

someone reply to this, so Frankie can see it
Old 05-01-2007, 12:39 PM
TD in DC
Race Director

The oiling on the windshield was not continuous, it was like a quick squirt and that was it. Since this was not my car and I was just the driver (and asked to drive for the win) I was just trying to do my job. As I have mentioned the smoke in rear view mirror also died pretty quick. I had no reason to suspect the problem was not temporary. Are you telling me that if the same thing happened to you during a race, and you saw no instrumental error/warning and the car while it lost some power, it still have quite a bit of power, you would not finish your race unless you were black flagged? Be honest now. (excuse the lame-o run on sentence)

This was just a "lowly" time attack, but it is still racing (against the clock).
Let me ask you a question: Where do you think oil could come from like that, even if you only saw it "temporarily"?

What mechanical "error" could cause oil to squirt onto your windshield one time, but then be absolutely fine from that point on?

I would have thanked my lucky stars that the instruments still read fine, and I would have shut the car down, ESPECIALLY in a Time Attack format where I could have inspected the car, located the problem, and then potentially lived to compete in the next round!
Old 05-01-2007, 12:48 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 176 Likes on 112 Posts

Frank

Here's a message for you from VR:

DON'T YOU DARE LECTURE US ON AN INABILITY TO FOCUS ON THE ISSUE, YOU ORANGE-HAIRED TAMPON.

Old 05-01-2007, 12:49 PM
yellowline
Under the Radar
Rennlist Member

Replied.

I only autocross, and I've had to stop mid-run for others' problems. A real racer would be aware enough of his surroundings to know when a flagger is trying to get his attention.

Again:

-I'm not even 20.
-I'm screwing around in Solo II with a 140 hp car.
-I know how to behave on the track better than GR.
-I'm also smart enough not to quit my day job/college.

Last edited by yellowline; 05-01-2007 at 01:07 PM.
Old 05-01-2007, 12:50 PM
Sean F
NASA Racer
Rennlist Member

Old 05-01-2007, 12:52 PM
Sean F
NASA Racer
Rennlist Member

Dumb *** - Oil on windshield + loss of power + smoke + black flag = get the hell off the track you idiot
Old 05-01-2007, 12:54 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,452 Likes on 776 Posts

Originally Posted by 1957 356
Dumb *** - Oil on windshield + loss of power + smoke + black flag = get the hell off the track you idiot

He is a douche with ears.

Incredible.
Old 05-01-2007, 12:56 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 176 Likes on 112 Posts

I'm not turning 40 until year Nov. of 2013. I'll put $10k in Escrow as long as Greg does the same. I think in beginning of 2013 would be just fine. What's the rush?!
The "rush" is people don't believe your word is any good.

You issue the challenge today but are unwilling to back it up (and at no cost to you.)

You issued the challenge this year. Back it up this year.
Why would anyone wait til 2013 to see if a spineless weasel will live up to his word?

Greg's already offered to do it today. Are you running away yet again?

Put up or shut up... or, as you like to say, go big or go home.
Old 05-01-2007, 12:56 PM
TD in DC
Race Director

I don't get what he possibly could have been thinking when he saw oil on his windshield and concluded that since his gauges were all fine it was green lights go!

Quick Reply: Sunday report card, the good, the bad...