Living The Dream...

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 11:46 PM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Living The Dream...

source: http://collect.myspace.com/index.cfm...89486213971191

Written by a 26 yo comedian... never seen him in action, just came across it on myspace. It's a very good blog I'd say...

======================================================

Friday, March 23, 2007

Livin the dream

Here I am doing the myspace spring break shows in florida again. I'm starting to like traveling on airplanes because I get to meet people I would never get to meet. Many times I avoid eye contact at all costs when I get that tickle in my stomach that I'm sitting next to a creep, but sometimes I get to make a sweet connection.
Today I sat next to this guy who had a great laugh and a warm vibe. His cellphone clip on his belt screamed stability. The fact he didn't have a moustache also led to believe he was a cool dude.
He was on the plane with his wife and two kids on there way to vacation in florida. He had been married 8 years and had a good job that he liked and seemed to have everything going his way. I told him I was a comedian and he wanted to hear about all the places I've been in the last two months. Aculpulco Mexico for the miller commercial, New York for the Sierra mist commercials, Aspen for the HBO fest, S padre island for spring break show, panama city spring break, south west tour doing stand up with julio iglasias, all in 6 weeks. He seemed really interested in my life and told me I was "living the dream".
Like wise I asked questions about his life. He told me how he met his wife, he told me what its like to be a father. He told me about his job. He told me about what it feels like to love someone year after year and work his way up the ranks in his job. His kid kept poking him from behind his seat and with a smile threatened a "knuckle sandwich". I bet it would be a super loving knuckle sandwich.
I realized that we both thought each other was living the dream. I'm not in any place to settle down and have a family, and he's not in a place to throw free t shirts to screaming college girls, but we had an admiration for each other's lives and it felt good.
I've always fantasized about the "american dream". Coming from the family background I come from the "american dream" was never my life. My family, although warm and loving is highly dysfunctional when compared to the nuclear model of America that leave it to beaver showed us.
Throughout the years I've learned that the american dream is a lie. No family can live up to the model we were presented by walt disney and intern many of us always feel like we're lacking something.
I explained to him that what many consider the dream lifestyle of a 26 year old man many times rubs me the wrong way. I see a chick show her breasts for beads I feel weird. Tonight a girl when I held up a free t shirt screamed "i'll suck your **** for that". Not only did I not want her to suck my ****, I wanted to put a blanket around her and give her the hug her father obviously never did.
I'm not saying this out of morality. I'm a bastard in a lot of ways. Most kids annoy the **** out of me, especially the ones with rat tail hair cuts and those shoes that are capable of rolling. But never the less when I saw the smiles this man and his wife gave to each other on the plane I couldn't help but feel admiration.
So world, I guess what I'm trying to say is all of our lives are valueable in their own way. Rather its having the stable life that allows you to have a cellphone clip on your belt just above your super confident pleated pants, or if you're sailing on a yaught with your childhood hero, we're all in this together.
rock on
O
ps I promise next bulletin will be funny. Its just when you're in a hotel room alone in a state where the band creed is still "HUGE" you can't help but get a little emotional.

9:27 AM - 126 Comments - 167 Kudos - Add Comment
Old 03-28-2007, 12:01 AM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2006 in review by the same guy... cracks me up.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...oid=1584892113

Quick Reply: Living The Dream...