Notices

If someone was really serious about building a pro career, here is a place to start.

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2007, 12:04 AM
Bryan Watts
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GhettoRacer
I see. So you're too good for the lowly girly Miata's... Your talent and connections is so deep that you don't need to make yourself better known.
What the heck are you talking about? Who said anything about Miata's being too lowly? I've got a Spec Miata sitting outside in my garage. Not only do you type poorly, but I think your reading comprehension is lacking as well.

I'm just stating that since I actually have race experience, I don't need to attend a racing school. For someone like yourself who is trying to get started in racing, it would make some sense.
Old 03-18-2007, 12:06 AM
Bryan Watts
Drifting

Ehh? which thread, I don't have time to read everything here.
I'll make it easy for you:

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...0&page=5&pp=15
Originally Posted by Bonster
Well, let's put it this way . . . if Frank ever worked in the NASA office, Jerry and Terese don't remember it. They have no clue as to who he is. But then again, Jerry and Terese party a lot, even though they are in their mid-40s. And Jerry has had a few rollovers. And (big one here) they did go to Berkeley University. BUT . . . I just don't think Frank ever worked in their office. But there is a way for Frank to prove it if he did . . . Frank . . . what's so unusual about Jerry's basement? What weird item is in his middle desk drawer? If you know those things, then you have at least become good enough of a friend with Jerry to know. I will withhold these answers for about eight hours, or until you reveal the true answers. If you know the answers, then I will for sure be convinced that Jerry just has a bad memory (not unlikely) and that you perhaps did in fact work for the NASA office.

Yes, I really AM a close personal friend of Jerry's (don't get carried away -- he's like a brother, nothing else -- which he's probably not entirely happy about, lol). Would I ever work for him? HA! No way, dude. I love him too much.
Old 03-18-2007, 12:10 AM
Bonster
Moderator and 993 whisperer
Lifetime Rennlist

The thread where, which, you claimed working for NASA. I was asked by Jerry not to repeat it, and you best not do the same, either, Frank. Jerry will be upset at me for all of a few minutes if I repeat the real story. I know about the 'deal' you struck with NASA. I recommend that you stop making claims about NASA. Jerry is a close (like family) friend of mine. Nothing personal, but I will NOT .. . absolutely will NOT let you smear his name or the company he worked so hard to produce. DON'T try me here Frank. And you KNOW what I'm talking about. Please don't force me to go back on a promise with one of my best friends only to defend him. Let's lay off the supposed NASA connection. Don't do that to Jerry. And don't do that to me. Just let it go . . .
Old 03-18-2007, 12:44 AM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

A Spec Miata is only 'girly' or 'lowly' if you can't figure out how to DRIVE it.
Old 03-18-2007, 12:44 AM
cooleyjb
Documenter of Ineptitude
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

WOW... Part of me wants to see Bonni get really pissed and spill the beans on Frankie.

I'd love to have a spec miata right now. I'd consider time attack much more girly than anything spec miata I've seen.

Last edited by cooleyjb; 03-18-2007 at 03:37 PM.
Old 03-18-2007, 09:22 AM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Dung The Liar Boy now decides to play all confused (not a tuff concept for him to grasp) about just which thread he was caught in at his usual pathological liar crap. He says "I don't have time to read everything here", yet he replies to EVERY post even remotely directed to him....EXCEPT the one where he is caught and outed by a person who has the facts. Just another Dung Pile produced by Dung The Liar Boy!
Old 03-18-2007, 10:54 AM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

Yeah, SM is far from girly. I think as a group the SM class is one of the craziest and most competitive groups out there. Then again, when you're at Laguna Seca among 72 (yes, they went over their own maximum limit -- something about money and someone's kid going to college) other cars, you kind of have to be competitive. The first lap I watched at least six cars that I can recal go off, two of which went back paddock. A year and a half ago, a good pal of mine literally got pin-balled in his first lap at the same track at the double regionals (SCCA). SM just isn't a place where you can make a lot of mistakes. You really gotta watch your back (and your sides, your front, the dirt, the wall, lol). And that's just regional racing.

NASA, however, for some reason draws less SMers, so the field is a little easier. However, they mix us in with the Honda Challenge folks, sometimes what would be the equivalent of ITA cars, and for a while there the Legends cars were out with us, as well. Heck, I remember one race where they had the CMC cars out with us! I remember buying a picture from Head-On Photos (Norm Cabana) and bringing it up to timing and scoring to Jerry. In this picture was a Camaro SS right on my rear bumper, dwarfing my little SM. You're not allowed to talk, at least not loudly, if you're up there in the timing and scoring room. I threw the photo on his desk and tapped my foot, hands on hips. He just started snickering at me. Grrrr.
Old 03-18-2007, 11:27 AM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

You don't think that "tapped my foot, hands on hips" actually works, do you?
I usually say something like "the beat is familiar, but i can't name the song", which adss the steam coming from the ears look most times.
Old 03-18-2007, 12:04 PM
SundayDriver
Lifetime Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bryan Watts
I've raced in 3 different Pro series at this point (though I'd hardly consider myself anything approaching a Pro...I'm a wannabe club racer), including the Pro Miata series...the racing school is for someone without any racing experience to learn the basics of race craft. I attended the Panoz racing school 6 years ago when I started racing so that I could fast track my SCCA National license. Learned a lot from Johnny O'Connell down at Road Atlanta when he was driving for Panoz...easily one of the greatest guys in American sports car racing. Sorry, I don't have any pictures of me standing beside him in a Ferrari driving suit with my arm around his shoulder.
I see. So you're too good for the lowly girly Miata's... Your talent and connections is so deep that you don't need to make yourself better known.
And this is exactly why Francis neither gets nor deserves any respect. Bryan gave him a calm and respectful response to get this reply. Francis, you have no idea how to treat anyone with any degree of respect, even when they show you some. You are, without a doubt, the biggest PUTZ I have ever encountered in my very long and ancient life. You clearly do not deserve the one square foot of this earth that you occupy.

And yes, I took him off ignore for a while to see what he actually said in response to a respectful reply to his post.
Old 03-18-2007, 12:55 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

We must admit that Dung Pile has achieved pro status in one area...Professional Liar!
Old 03-18-2007, 02:44 PM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

I didn't see anything in Bryan's post that indicated he felt that Miatas were some kind of sub-standard racecar, either. Why Frank presumed Bryan felt that way excapes me. Justin Hall is a pro driver, but (among other things) he is still an SM racer. In fact, he owns one of California's largest SM rental companies, with cars that tend to boast some of our region's fastest lap times.

No, Bob, I didn't figure my tapping foot would bring about some kind of satisfaction from Jerry other than I knew it would make him laugh. The T & S ***** don't want any conversation to occur except for discussion about the races, so I had to use some form of "sign language."

Jerry knows that I get nervous when large vehicles are behind me from when I took him to lunch over near his home in Richmond. I had this big truck behind me following too close and I was visibly nervous, especially since I had a passenger. I started grumbling and cursing about it, much to Jerry's amusement. He said something like, "I don't mind seeing a little carnage every now and again." Once I took him on a twisty fun run (which Terese was very pleased about, as Jerry never leaves the office sometimes), and he asked why I was not going very fast. I said something about not wanting to wreck with a passenger or worse -- get into a rollover. He came back and said, "Hey, I like a good rollover. I wouldn't mind if you rolled this thing." I'm NOT kidding, that's what he said. This from a guy who is . . . err . . a little experienced in rollovers. Sometimes that guy scares me! So that's why he knew how I felt having a Camaro that close to me, and why he just snickered at me. I almost got thrown out of T & S for laughing once. Whoops.
Old 03-18-2007, 03:00 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

I didn't see anything in Bryan's post that indicated he felt that Miatas were some kind of sub-standard racecar, either. Why Frank presumed Bryan felt that way excapes me. Justin Hall is a pro driver, but (among other things) he is still an SM racer. In fact, he owns one of California's largest SM rental companies, with cars that tend to boast some of our region's fastest lap times.

No, Bob, I didn't figure my tapping foot would bring about some kind of satisfaction from Jerry other than I knew it would make him laugh. The T & S ***** don't want any conversation to occur except for discussion about the races, so I had to use some form of "sign language."

Jerry knows that I get nervous when large vehicles are behind me from when I took him to lunch over near his home in Richmond. I had this big truck behind me following too close and I was visibly nervous, especially since I had a passenger. I started grumbling and cursing about it, much to Jerry's amusement. He said something like, "I don't mind seeing a little carnage every now and again." Once I took him on a twisty fun run (which Terese was very pleased about, as Jerry never leaves the office sometimes), and he asked why I was not going very fast. I said something about not wanting to wreck with a passenger or worse -- get into a rollover. He came back and said, "Hey, I like a good rollover. I wouldn't mind if you rolled this thing." I'm NOT kidding, that's what he said. This from a guy who is . . . err . . a little experienced in rollovers. Sometimes that guy scares me! So that's why he knew how I felt having a Camaro that close to me, and why he just snickered at me. I almost got thrown out of T & S for laughing once. Whoops.
I was laughing too when I repied, Ms. Toe Tapper. And this Jerry sounds like a perfectly normal person to me......
Old 03-18-2007, 04:14 PM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

Yeah, Jerry is a lot of fun, I think you'd all like him. He always buys the booze, too.
Old 03-18-2007, 04:27 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Yeah, Jerry is a lot of fun, I think you'd all like him. He always buys the booze, too.
Now he sounds like a perfect kind of guy!

Quick Reply: If someone was really serious about building a pro career, here is a place to start.