Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 11:40 AM
Bonster
Moderator and 993 whisperer
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
CORRECTED
***Hey! You just called me a 'boner'! I'm gonna get you, look out. I am an expert tickler.
Old 03-11-2007, 11:41 AM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Profanity is the sign of a weak mind trying to express itself forcibly.
***Yeah, probably . . .except for those fine moments like when you hit your thumb with a dang hammer. Even *I* can't control what I say at those moments.
Old 03-11-2007, 11:48 AM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

I have to disagree about the Internet persona idea, as well. I'm pretty much the same person face-to-face as I am on the Internet. I am funny, polite, sometimes talkative, caring, respectful, and I love to drive / race. All of those things have been just as much represented here on the 'Net as I would if I were talking to any of you in person. I don't hide behind the Internet to claim a different personality. In a way, I kind of have to be nice, as a LOT of people know where I live -- it's all over the driver forms on the T.E.A.M. Racing website. I reserve, however, the right to not answer the phone or the door. You guys stay home, ya hear? If I see a bunch of Porsches pulling into the drive, I'll know to hide.
Old 03-11-2007, 11:58 AM
DaveM993
Drifting

Me too.

BTW...nice HWFM sig!!!! Welcome!!!

GR is just doin' a little chest pounding...part of the "persona"
Old 03-11-2007, 11:59 AM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

Originally Posted by 1957 356
All I'm saying is don't give them the opening. You don't see anyone else posting names and websites for their friends. I'm sure you think you have some sort of secret sauce that can protect you from the real world meanies, but the reality is that with the internet you're more likely to start something that someone else will finish than the other way around. It's called information asymmetry. Many people have information about you - you don't have similar information about them. You are at a disadvantage. And the end of the day, that's what makes the difference.
It's the information age man, one can find a lot of dirt about anybody if he/she really wants to... that's why I say don't go there (harass my friends or family) and such.
Old 03-11-2007, 12:01 PM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

Originally Posted by Bonster
I have to disagree about the Internet persona idea, as well. I'm pretty much the same person face-to-face as I am on the Internet. I am funny, polite, sometimes talkative, caring, respectful, and I love to drive / race. All of those things have been just as much represented here on the 'Net as I would if I were talking to any of you in person. I don't hide behind the Internet to claim a different personality. In a way, I kind of have to be nice, as a LOT of people know where I live -- it's all over the driver forms on the T.E.A.M. Racing website. I reserve, however, the right to not answer the phone or the door. You guys stay home, ya hear? If I see a bunch of Porsches pulling into the drive, I'll know to hide.
Yes and no. I've been trying to tell the list that I AM a nice guy. Just don't get on my bad side. Obviously lot of members don't believe that... *shrug* and frankly, I don't give a fawk. I'm still the same me. Be nice and courteous to me and you shall get the same in return... but if garbage in, then garbage out...
Old 03-11-2007, 12:09 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,567 Likes on 822 Posts

Originally Posted by GhettoRacer
Yes and no. I've been trying to tell the list that I AM a nice guy. Just don't get on my bad side. Obviously lot of members don't believe that... *shrug* and frankly, I don't give a fawk. I'm still the same me. Be nice and courteous to me and you shall get the same in return... but if garbage in, then garbage out...

What a whiner.

Old 03-11-2007, 12:09 PM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

Everybody has a bad side, Frank. That part I certainly can agree with. For me, it usually takes tequilla. ROFL.
Old 03-11-2007, 11:46 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 176 Likes on 112 Posts

Mike, something needs to be done. Things are getting very lopsided. We need to get back to the idea of an advocate for GR. He's getting killed right now with some of the recent additions joining in the fun. Let's revive the idea of a rotation of advocates or some other system to help with his defense. What do you think?

Sorry it's taken a while to get back to you, Sean.

I respect you for your empathetic post and desire for fairness. Perhaps it comes from your paranormal work with "lost souls".

Yes Orange Haired Clown is getting totally clobbered here, despite his claims to be able to defend himself.

Ironically, the image that keeps flashing in my mind is from Eastern Culture.

It's as if all the "old men" here are Samurai, riding into a hamlet, with the right to lop off the heads of disrespectful villagers. Yet the the hamlet is inhabited by just one peasant, who loses his head, then comes right back with another head in place only to have yet a two-handed swinging sword bite once again into his neck.

And Frank's complete inability to defend himself is making it all the more gruesome.

As anyone can see, his noggins are filling the air like raindrops. Perhaps there is a zen aphorism in this.

So yes, I think something must be done. Fank needs an advocate, a defender, a guardian angel... something. This is getting ugly.

Anyone have any ideas?

Last edited by Mike in Chi; 03-12-2007 at 12:03 AM.
Old 03-11-2007, 11:58 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,567 Likes on 822 Posts

New nickname for the tard: Mango Mulleted Medusa
Old 03-12-2007, 10:18 AM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Use a Desert Eagle instead of a sword??????
Old 03-12-2007, 01:11 PM
Sean F
NASA Racer
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

Perhaps he'll get lucky and just one time the head that grows back will contain a fully functioning brain.
Old 03-12-2007, 01:22 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 176 Likes on 112 Posts

Perhaps he'll get lucky and just one time the head that grows back will contain a fully functioning brain.

Are an infinite number of heads like an infinite number of monkeys?
Old 03-12-2007, 02:23 PM
DaveM993
Drifting

Originally Posted by Mike in Chi
It's as if all the "old men" here are Samurai, riding into a hamlet, with the right to lop off the heads of disrespectful villagers. Yet the the hamlet is inhabited by just one peasant, who loses his head, then comes right back with another head in place only to have yet a two-handed swinging sword bite once again into his neck.

And Frank's complete inability to defend himself is making it all the more gruesome.
Mike,

I'm thinkin' Monty Python...

"its only a flesh wound...!!"
Old 03-12-2007, 02:26 PM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

Yeah . . . "Come back here you peasant! I've still got me legs!"

Quick Reply: Paging Mike in Chi