Notices

re: Question for the Instructors and CIs out there.

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 10:29 PM
Bryan Watts
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GhettoRacer
No bigger dreams than few small time events?!
Only GR could turn the fact that someone has actually had success at something into an assumption that they no longer intend to have further successes in something. I need some of what he is drinking...
Old 03-07-2007, 10:30 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,416 Likes on 757 Posts

CORRECTED

IMO based on my 12 years of DE with MANY different groups through out California (never progressing out of the Pink group)...ALL OF WHOM HAVE TOLD ME NEVER TO COME BACK you can EASILY check out an male instructor's *** in 2-3 glances, minimum. First slap, tell them to dance and talk and the same time, as if talking to a brand new student who is completely new to ballroom dancing. This way you can see how they "reach". Then, you ask them to take a hot slap or two at body parts they are comfortable with. With in a few corners if will know what skill level they are at easily. They can not hide it.

This doesn't tell how WELL they can communicate or work with the students but at least you will have good ideas about them...
And another thing: this idiot has squandered 12 YEARS...and yet watching any of his videos, his "skills" are intermediate AT BEST. Watching him ceaselessly pontificate about his superiority is truly a breathtaking level of hypocrisy.
Old 03-07-2007, 10:33 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Bryan Watts
Only GR could turn the fact that someone has actually had success at something into an assumption that they no longer intend to have further successes in something. I need some of what he is drinking...
I wish I were selling what he is smoking!
Old 03-07-2007, 11:14 PM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

It's call chi baby, you all have it in you... if you know how to cultivate it... but your brain may be too dense and ignorant to learn something new.
Old 03-07-2007, 11:51 PM
Bonster
Moderator and 993 whisperer
Lifetime Rennlist

Those who can, do.
***Hey! I resemble that remark. I've been instructing for six years. I find it very rewarding to help introduce new folks to the field of motorsports, and to make them (hopefully!) a better driver when sharing the roads with us all. However, two or three laps does not qualify an instructor in my experience as a coach and as an organizer. We have adopted a technique where we assign one of our long-time, trusted instructors to someone who wants to get into the program. Our instructor role plays with you throughout the day, whether they are the "student" or the "instructor". This lets folks know what we expect of them and it helps me to evaluate new instructors. It's been working for a while now. I just wish we'd started this method a couple of years ago, rather than only recently.

BW
Old 03-07-2007, 11:54 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,416 Likes on 757 Posts

Bonnie, there is nothing wrong with that approach.

That is how Frankie Baby has been weeded out of all the programs for which he may have instructed.

Well, that & driving like a racist high school retard on crystal meth. And damaging other people's cars. And insulting his students. And demanding to drive their cars.

Lather/rinse/repeat.
Old 03-07-2007, 11:56 PM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

For NASA and SCCA, we have to go through a program similar to this one. Same thing with Hooked on Driving. Some groups are pretty relaxed about instructing. I instruct for a few groups where word-of-mouth alone was all it took to get in (including POC and PCA events). I guess it pays to play nice.

BW
Old 03-07-2007, 11:58 PM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

BTW, instructing with PCA and POC is a fun time. I get passed by just about everybody, except maybe for the 914s and the 944s. But hey, a Carrera GT flying by you is still fun.

BW
Old 03-08-2007, 12:15 AM
Bryan Watts
Drifting

Originally Posted by Bonster
***Hey! I resemble that remark.
Sorry...didn't mean to step on toes. I instructed in the past but gave it up. If I'm going to use up a weekend and the related Friday off work, I'd rather we racing. I was simply looking to clarify what Ghetto boy was trying to say.
Old 03-08-2007, 12:25 AM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

Oh, heck Bryan, you didn't step on my toes at all. I don't usually instruct on race weekends. Sometimes, though, when money is tight, I'll instruct on race weekends so that at least I'm there to say hi to the gang and whatever. Most of my instructing occurs during the work week, as I run my own business and can set my own schedule most of the time. I'm probably at the track eight or nine times a month for one thing or the other.

BW
Old 03-08-2007, 01:50 AM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

Sorry...didn't mean to step on toes. I instructed in the past but gave it up. If I'm going to use up a weekend and the related Friday off work, I'd rather we racing. I was simply looking to clarify what Ghetto boy was trying to say.
Yah right, you were asked not to instruct because you were a hot shoe drover right? Too fast for DE's perhaps? I dunno about the rest of the country, but our local SF Bay BMW chapter used to be run by this **** *** guy who was like that. He felt you need to spend years and years to understand droving.
Old 03-08-2007, 02:12 AM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 176 Likes on 112 Posts

t our local SF Bay BMW chapter used to be run by this **** *** guy...
Has anyone else noticed that Fank's fixations have a very limiting effect on his descriptive vocabulary?
Old 03-08-2007, 02:30 AM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

Get it straight pops, you guys are the ones that are homophobic. What I wrote is commonly used by many ppl to describe ... well, an **** person. Somebody that's so up tight they got something stick up their butt. I really dunno another adjective that describe such a person so well.

Hey I know... Describe yourself for me. That way I can learn few more words for **** ppl.
Old 03-08-2007, 02:36 AM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 176 Likes on 112 Posts

...Somebody that's so up tight they got something stick up their butt.

OMG, he just did it again. Fank's fixation strikes again.
Old 03-08-2007, 02:49 AM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

I instruct for the BMW CCA. I know of the guy you are speaking of. He's not ****, he's safety-concsious. Not a bad thing when you consider the average bimmer costs about $40k.

BW

Quick Reply: re: Question for the Instructors and CIs out there.