Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

POLL New idea for the G-R Forum

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 10:24 AM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 176 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by LGCs
This is going to make me really unpopular, but I feel compelled...

This reminds me of high school. The cool guys stood in front of their lockers and tripped the nerd every time he walked by. It's ill-advised. Think Columbine. The person you're tormenting is someone's child. None of us would like to see our own child treated like this.

Play nice boys.

I hope this response doesn't offend you, but I'm compelled to offer a different perspective.

I admire your empathy, and even compassion, for Frank, and desire for fair play on Rennlist.
I think I can understand the spirit that motivated your post. Especially if you've only read the last few pages of what is a very long saga.

But your analogy is off in a couple of regards. Perhaps if you read the saga in its entirety (this may take a couple of nights) you'd understand why.

In short:

Yes it is a bit like high school. But from my perspective, this individual has regularly come up to guys (cool or otherwise) in the hallway in front of their lockers, and repeatedly kicked them in the shins. And continues to do so.

Only then do the other upperclassmen trip him, usually outside AP English (where they have a haiku project in progress).

Yet he keeps showing up outside various lockers, taking great delight in booting as many shins as possible. (He’d even like to wear other peoples’ shoes while he does the kicking)

And yes, Frank is someone's child. But if he were mine, I'd say "Your mother and I raised you to respect other people, and to get along with them. Francis, what do you expect to happen if you keep acting like that. We did not raise you to be stupid." I would also hope my child would not be as arrogant and antagonistic, self-centered and egotistical, as he has been and continues to be. And I would certainly hope my child would never refer to any one as a retard.

(You might research BostonDMD to see how a similar bad first day of high school has an entirely different outcome by sophomore year.)

Your other high school analogy is off as well. The faculty and students at Columbine were't as well armed.
Old 02-27-2007, 11:18 AM
cooleyjb
Documenter of Ineptitude
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Think Columbine.
Mike summed it up pretty well, but ...

Are you KIDDING me? How dare you relate this to Columbine. This is NOTHING like Columbine. What a joke. It could even be considered an insult to those that were affected by that and other school shootings. An e-thug who brings the fight to the table like Frank compared to a school shooting.

You obviously have NO CLUE about what has transpired between Ghettoracer and Rennlist let alone the rest of the auto-racing community.
Old 02-27-2007, 12:03 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cooleyjb
Mike summed it up pretty well, but ...

Are you KIDDING me? How dare you relate this to Columbine. This is NOTHING like Columbine. What a joke. It could even be considered an insult to those that were affected by that and other school shootings. An e-thug who brings the fight to the table like Frank compared to a school shooting.

You obviously have NO CLUE about what has transpired between Ghettoracer and Rennlist let alone the rest of the auto-racing community.
Sounds like we caused someone to recall the details of a bad High School experience, although equating being picked-on with a Columbine like outcome makes me wonder.

Apparently he missed the fact that many here are on the Honor Roll, some with Distinction, CFs, etc.

If I were to draw an anology describing some of the group here, I would think more of The Group W Bench!
Old 02-27-2007, 02:52 PM
DaveM993
Drifting

This is going to make me really unpopular, but I feel compelled...

This reminds me of high school. The cool guys stood in front of their lockers and tripped the nerd every time he walked by. It's ill-advised. Think Columbine. The person you're tormenting is someone's child. None of us would like to see our own child treated like this.

Play nice boys.
Hmmm...couple of thoughts or suggestions.

First, IMHO the Columbine analogy is unfortunate and a little over the top...

Second, please read before you speak. I, as you, came to this quite late in the game, but I read every single post before ever engaging.

If you do, you will notice a very striking characteristic. Frank brings it entirely on himself...without fail. And generally has to came back at something multiple times before he gets a response. Much of what I have read is good natured. The line inevitably gets crossed by Frank first and a bunch of good natured, intelligent and articulate folks DON'T let him get away with it.

If we are to review the ways the line has been crossed:

1. Posting private information about other individuals
2. Criticizing one of his students performance on-line, here, with that person on the same forum
3. Bragging about the fact that he has wadded up a vehicle he does not own.
4. Seeing absolutely nothing wrong with asking a student to allow him to drive their car...especially if it is a newbie who may be swayed by the newness and "aura" of an instructor.

The list could go on...

Does your post make you unpopular..absolutely not...this is a very welcoming crowd.

Frank is an attention *****...he gets plenty here, and a lot of people have some fun in the process. Frank is not walking down a hall he has to, dreading the cool guys at the locker. He wants to walk down that hall...he needs to walk down that hall...the hall is everything...the attention that results, good or bad, is everything.

We are just now doing it in a controlled environment, this forum, so that if the line is crossed by him (and it will be)...nobody gets hurt.

Last edited by DaveM993; 02-27-2007 at 03:26 PM.
Old 02-27-2007, 08:19 PM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

Everybody poops. But apparently lot of ppl here think their **** don't stink. I'm just a big fish with big dreams and aspirations... and I've barely started.
Old 02-27-2007, 08:37 PM
Sean F
NASA Racer
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

Big fish??
Old 02-27-2007, 08:55 PM
cooleyjb
Documenter of Ineptitude
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Originally Posted by 1957 356
Big fish??

Yeah, I thought nemo was a small fish.
Old 02-27-2007, 09:03 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GhettoRacer
Everybody poops. But apparently lot of ppl here think their **** don't stink. I'm just a big fish with big dreams and aspirations... and I've barely started.
But most don't crap so often as to turn into a Dung Pile themselves, fish boy.
Old 02-27-2007, 09:07 PM
DaveM993
Drifting

Originally Posted by GhettoRacer
Frank,

Follow your dreams...but remember, it is not the destination, but the trip that matters.
Old 03-01-2007, 01:57 AM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

I'm pissing my self laughing at this thread.......

Where has this thread been all my life? LMAO!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHHAAAHAHAAHA!!!!!!!!

Old 03-01-2007, 01:58 AM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Originally Posted by Bull
But most don't crap so often as to turn into a Dung Pile themselves, fish boy.

omg tears are rolling down my face this iS tooo FUNNY.....
Old 03-01-2007, 02:47 AM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 176 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by SundayDrover
Mike, I think I have an even better idea. Why don't you appoint JimBob as his permanent guardian angel? Maybe that would bring old JB out of hiding for a good cause.
Mark
Ask and you shall receive. JimBob is back!

And he wants to be Frankie's guardian angel.

This is like Clarence and George Bailey in "It's a Wonderful Life". Only Jimmy Stewart wasn't a moron, and he didn't have orange hair in the movie. (well maybe he did, we'll never know because the movie was in black and white). And Frankie's never boinked anything as nice as Donna Reed. And I don't think Bedford Falls had a ghetto, so it couldn't have a ghetto racer. But George Bailey did lose control of a car and crash it just like Frankie does.

Co-inkydink? I think not.

I knew we could get rid of the haters and turn the G-R Forum into a heart-warming story.
Old 03-01-2007, 04:10 AM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

Originally Posted by 1957 356
Big fish??
Yes, I'm a big fish and this pond is getting a little small.
Old 03-01-2007, 04:11 AM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

Originally Posted by DaveM993
Frank,

Follow your dreams...but remember, it is not the destination, but the trip that matters.
Thank you. The great part is, the real journey has already begun. It's a daily bliss. I wish I can tell you guys what it is like but, you have to put down the work yourself. Nobody can help you but yourselves. I recommend Vipassana and Bikram Yoga to start. But there are many other ways to do this.

Quick Reply: POLL New idea for the G-R Forum