Notices

Remind you of anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2007, 06:10 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 176 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by GhettoRacer
umm, have you been to Thunderhill? doesn't seem like. i don't think you should be talking about a track that you have never been on... i like to see you drive it a few times, and then maybe you can try to get some air. lets see how you do.

"turbo" (the corner worker that happens to be at that corner that day) has been working at thunderhill for YEARS. when he saw what i did he was blown away... i'm proud of the fact that the pix came out so bad *** looking... but it really does not look as crazy as the pictures looked.

if you study the pictures carefully, you can tell. here's a hint... pictures number 1 is as high as the car got. there was no way it was going to flip.
Nope, never been to Thunderhill.

Been to enough tracks though to recognize the hallmarks of an early apex.

I'm sure Turbo was blown away by what you did. Is this the stunt that also blew away the event organizers, and as a result, banned you?

And while you say there was no way you were going to flip, if you hadn't caught the spin you induced, all that nice dirt you'd catch sideways just outside the rumble strip could defintiely have flipped you.

Finally, why on earth would I want to try and get some air?

Frank, the Fast and Furious movies are just pretend. Really.
Old 02-24-2007, 06:12 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by SundayDriver
I offer this as a public service announcement...
Do you find Francis difficult to understand? Well there is a trick. Enter his text into Babblefish, translate it to another language and then translate that back to English. He makes much more sense that way. See, here is what he really said...

Umm, you are to Thunderhill? Likes not as if. I did not think you should discuss the track you never are like in... me looking you drive its several, how and do you prefer to be able then to try to obtain some air to let look at you. "accidentally is in that quoin day) turbo" (the corner worker operates in the thunderhill for several years when he saw any my him to blow... me is arrogant pix has come for the fact outside therefore the bad donkey looked... but is it truly did not look the equally crazy elephant picture looked. If you carefully study the picture, you can tell here are the prompt... picture number 1 are equally high look like it to plan the turn over the automobile obtained there not to have the way.

Brilliant Sunday Drover, Brilliant
Old 02-24-2007, 06:25 PM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For once Mark, you are finally having a small clue of what I am about. Yes indeed I babble a lot. That is because I'm so much more than just driving... You want to know what I've been doing in Japan and Taiwan? I mentioned martial arts teacher. This is a book that I just read. Maybe Mike can read it, maybe not. Maybe Colm can read it, as he gave me a business card with Chinese on one side and English on the flip side of it...

Old 02-24-2007, 06:28 PM
cooleyjb
Documenter of Ineptitude
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Judging by the pictures that doesn't look like martial arts. I'm guessing it's more like Yoga. Which isn't martial.

Here's the definition of martial if one was curious and it seems quite obvious that GR has no clue what it really means and just wants to sound cool yet again.

mar·tial /ˈmɑrʃəl/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[mahr-shuhl] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–adjective
1. inclined or disposed to war; warlike: The ancient Romans were a martial people.
2. of, suitable for, or associated with war or the armed forces: martial music.
3. characteristic of or befitting a warrior: a martial stride.
Old 02-24-2007, 06:28 PM
SundayDriver
Lifetime Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

For once Mark, you are finally having a small clue of what I am about. Yes indeed I babble a lot. That is because I'm so much more than just driving... You want to know what I've been doing in Japan and Taiwan?
Hmm, let me think about it. Uh, no, I don't want to know.

But as a public service, here is what Francis really said:

In order once that the mark, you finally is having a small indication of that what is approximately. Yes effectively babble mólto. That one is because they are therefore much more hardly of guiding... Wished to know that what I am making in Japan and Taiwan? I have pointed out teaching of limbs martial. That is a book that I read hardly. Perhaps the microphone can indicate it, perhaps not. Perhaps Colm can read it, as it has given one card to me of transactions with the Chinese on a side and English from the side of vibration of it...
Old 02-24-2007, 06:40 PM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

awww, are you mad because you can not read Mark? oops, sorry!
Old 02-24-2007, 06:42 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by SundayDriver
But as a public service, here is what Francis really said:

In order once that the mark, you finally is having a small indication of that what is approximately. Yes effectively babble mólto. That one is because they are therefore much more hardly of guiding... Wished to know that what I am making in Japan and Taiwan? I have pointed out teaching of limbs martial. That is a book that I read hardly. Perhaps the microphone can indicate it, perhaps not. Perhaps Colm can read it, as it has given one card to me of transactions with the Chinese on a side and English from the side of vibration of it...
Frank, why don't you say that in the first place. It makes more sense.

BTW, I can read that, but with some difficulty. Those are sold in the racks at the checkout line in Tokyo hypermarkets aren't they?
Old 02-24-2007, 07:14 PM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

So Mike, how old are you, where were you born? And how much Chinese culture do you know?

No, that book is very rare. It was given to me by its author Mr. HE Jing-Han. I just met him few days ago.
Old 02-24-2007, 07:16 PM
SundayDriver
Lifetime Rennlist Member

awww, are you mad because you can not read Mark? oops, sorry!
He said:

Awww, you are crazy because you are unable to read the mark? Oops, regret!
Old 02-24-2007, 07:17 PM
SundayDriver
Lifetime Rennlist Member

So Mike, how old are you, where were you born? And how much Chinese culture do you know?

No, that book is very rare. It was given to me by its author Mr. HE Jing-Han. I just met him few days ago.
Again, he said:

So Mike, how always are you, you are born in where? How many Chinese culture and do you know? No, that book is extremely rare. It has been given I by its author gentleman. His Beijing Han. I met his few days ago.
Old 02-24-2007, 07:21 PM
cooleyjb
Documenter of Ineptitude
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

I thought he had you on ignore Mark.
Old 02-24-2007, 07:23 PM
SundayDriver
Lifetime Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by cooleyjb
I thought he had you on ignore Mark.
Well he keeps claiming that he does, but I think that is like his claim about near podium finishes. I had him on ignore until he got famous and was awarded his very own forum. How could I ignore that? Now I have decided to reform and stop picking on Francis. Instead, I am going to translate what he says so that the whole world can understand him and love him (even those who do not hang out in the Harris Ranch parking lot).
Old 02-24-2007, 07:24 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've read the Chinese side of Colm's card. It says...:"Hey rickshaw boy, which way bar?".
Old 02-24-2007, 09:30 PM
jgrant
Burning Brakes

umm, have you been to Thunderhill? doesn't seem like. i don't think you should be talking about a track that you have never been on... i like to see you drive it a few times, and then maybe you can try to get some air. lets see how you do.

"turbo" (the corner worker that happens to be at that corner that day) has been working at thunderhill for YEARS. when he saw what i did he was blown away... i'm proud of the fact that the pix came out so bad *** looking... but it really does not look as crazy as the pictures looked.

if you study the pictures carefully, you can tell. here's a hint... pictures number 1 is as high as the car got. there was no way it was going to flip.
Frank...

Turbo is the Track Manager, and has been for years.

He also has a ZERO Tolerance policy for **** like that. When you say he was "blown away", you probably meant that he was blowing all over you as he reamed you out for the bone-headed maneuver. I have no doubts that if he knew you were doing that intentionally, you'd have been sent home early. But of course, you'd consider that to be a good sign, and that you'd learned all you had to learn about the track... right?

For those of you that haven't been to Thunder Hill, that is turn 5, also called the Eagle's Nest. It's a blind corner, which is why they have the big corner worker tower right there, and have big blinking lights on it to warn you of any problems.

Having a spin there is NOT GOOD, as the guy(s) behind you can't see you.

Last year I watched a spec miata spin right in front of me and it was a bit of a Code Brown as there's not much you can do... the car is just too unloaded and there isn't really anywhere to go. (I ended up cutting down in front of the tower, over the grass, and down the side of the hill... lots of fun!)

Old 02-25-2007, 07:05 AM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

I don't turbo is the track manager. Maybe leader of the corner workers. I've seen him at TH for YEARS. He knows me by face and by car. He was not mad at all. Nobody was that day. Shocked maybe...

Quick Reply: Remind you of anyone?