Notices

The G-R Forum Honor Roll

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 10:00 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 176 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by Bull
Bronze star and a couple of Purple things (hey, I'm a large target, and proven slow).
Thanks for putting your neck on the line back then.

When we finally get a chance to have a beer together, I'd like to hear about it.
Old 03-02-2007, 10:01 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,579 Likes on 825 Posts

Ditto. Thanks for your service, Bob.

My dad has a silver star in addition to that other stuff (as well as the Clois du Guerre). Something about Chermans and Normandy or something.
Old 03-02-2007, 10:02 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in Chi
Thanks for putting your neck on the line back then.

When we finally get a chance to have a beer together, I'd like to hear about it.
Thanks. Quite boring actually...we will find better to talk about (well, OK, we could go into the Bangkok days!).
Old 03-02-2007, 10:13 PM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1957 356
GR, now you can understand why I'm so intersted in chi. I'm pretty sure that what I record as a paranormal investigator is a kind of chi echo. As we all learned in grade school, energy cannot be created or destroyed just transferred. When I find electro magnetic traces from the formerly living, it's a reminent or reflection of their energy as a living being.
You are not pulling my legs are you? If so, awesome. How do you investigate paranormal activities? With modern instruments or do you have 6th sense(s)? Any good stories to tell?! Do share!
Old 03-02-2007, 10:26 PM
Sean F
NASA Racer
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

I am not pulling your legs. No, I do not have a 6th sense. We use a variety of electronic devices such as EMF meters (electro magnetic field), thermal imagers, highly sensitive sound capture devices, video recorders and a variety of other devices depending on what we're investigating. If I understand the concept of chi correctly, I would imagine that given your sensitivity to it you would be a valuable person to have on an investigation. Many people claim to have the gift to sense energy sources like the ones we investigate, but in reality, very few do.
Old 03-02-2007, 11:07 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Ditto. Thanks for your service, Bob.

My dad has a silver star in addition to that other stuff (as well as the Clois du Guerre). Something about Chermans and Normandy or something.
Thanks. didn't really mean to bring that all up. Your dad was in something different, that most can't begin to comprehend. God bless him.
Old 03-02-2007, 11:08 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

I am not pulling your legs. No, I do not have a 6th sense. We use a variety of electronic devices such as EMF meters (electro magnetic field), thermal imagers, highly sensitive sound capture devices, video recorders and a variety of other devices depending on what we're investigating. If I understand the concept of chi correctly, I would imagine that given your sensitivity to it you would be a valuable person to have on an investigation. Many people claim to have the gift to sense energy sources like the ones we investigate, but in reality, very few do.

Wow, Sean, that is really cool. Maybe Frank can actually do something good with his life after all!

EDIT: thanks, Bob, likewise
Old 03-02-2007, 11:11 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Hey Dung Pile, maybe your new found friend of the paranormal type can help you after all! With his "highly sensitive sound capture devices" he must be able to listen in on your Fart Bubble Brain! The two of you should get along quite well.
Old 03-03-2007, 12:08 AM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

Well, my chi-kong teacher has said, certain stances will stimulate the opening of the 3rd eye (6th senses)... we shall see. There are indeed lot of BS out there, and lot of ppl try to make money and what not. Like that black woman Silvia Brown, I think she is fake as hell. Maybe you should consider learning chi-kong from my teacher in LA and try to experience it yourself... lot of smart guy (CalTech students and ex staff) learn from Master YAN Yuanhua.
Old 03-03-2007, 09:02 AM
Sean F
NASA Racer
Rennlist Member

We mock what we don't understand Bull.
Old 03-03-2007, 09:04 AM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

We mock what we don't understand Bull.
You do??? Well then you and Dung Pile will fit together nicely!
Old 03-03-2007, 09:19 AM
Sean F
NASA Racer
Rennlist Member

I don't know about the opening of the the third eye, but I do know that some people are more attuned to the world around them. My interest in the area comes from my Mother who is 100% Oglala Sioux indian. I am half American indian. My ancestors believed that everything comes from mother earth and that other spirits either alive or dead can be communictated with. They believed that not only could you communiciate with your departed ancestors, but also with the spririt of the bear, deer, eagle, etc. Because every living and non-living thing gets its spririt from mother earth, you can feel its spririt in a similar way. Kind of like chi. Through our investigations, we've found there is truth to this but it's difficult to document using conventional electronic devices.
Old 03-03-2007, 09:23 AM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

I don't know about the opening of the the third eye, but I do know that some people are more attuned to the world around them. My interest in the area comes from my Mother who is 100% Oglala Sioux indian. I am half American indian. My ancestors believed that everything comes from mother earth and that other spirits either alive or dead can be communictated with. They believed that not only could you communiciate with your departed ancestors, but also with the spririt of the bear, deer, eagle, etc. Because every living and non-living thing gets its spririt from mother earth, you can feel its spririt in a similar way. Kind of like chi. Through our investigations, we've found there is truth to this but it's difficult to document using conventional electronic devices.
Mmmm Kemo Sabe. Plenty big problem this no ducument conventionally. Pale Face not gonna like this.
Old 03-03-2007, 09:35 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

CORRECTED

Originally Posted by GhettoRacer
Well, my reach-around teacher has said, certain stances will stimulate the opening of the "3rd eye" (if you catch my drift here)... we shall see. There are indeed lot of men out there, and lot of ppl try to make money pimping my *** out and what not. Like that black woman Coretta Scott King, I think she is white. Maybe you should consider learning reach-arounds from my teacher Ryan and try to experience it yourself... lot of smart guy (community college dropouts like me and ex felons) learn from Master K'ama'anna Wa'anna L'eia.
Old 03-05-2007, 11:28 AM
Bonster
Moderator and 993 whisperer
Lifetime Rennlist

Hey Bob . . . I wanted to thank you, as well. My uncle Robbie (Robert) had two bronze stars and a purple heart before he was killed in a mortar attack in Vietnam. He died before I was born, but my family sure misses him. I'm glad you came home to your people. Your service undoubtedly will not be forgotten.

Now back to the b.s.

BW

Quick Reply: The G-R Forum Honor Roll