Notices

AKMEE Engineering EG2 del Sol in American Touge 3 (vs. JIC 996 Turbo)

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 12:32 PM
forklift
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Robert Henriksen
We're trying to decide who the biggest boob of all time is.

I think she has a big *** on her chest.
Old 01-04-2007, 12:33 PM
Robert Henriksen
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Herman
They are so bad that people who know call them Brownbos. A reference to the color that they turn after a few track days.
Not a reference to the skidmarks created in... places other than the asphalt?
Old 01-04-2007, 12:57 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,605 Likes on 834 Posts

DAMN. Even Milka's aren't that.....pendulous....
Old 01-04-2007, 02:13 PM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

Brownbo's lol. I like that. Veloce: they are pretty good for stock brakes, just look at the stock braking performance of 60-0 and 80-0. They just aren't sufficient for major track duty... Porsche's have the best stock brakes out of any car maker though. I love them.
Old 01-04-2007, 02:38 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Frank, here is where I have a problem with the information that you disseminate. You state on your website:
Evo8 has fantastic Brembo brakes bone stock. But unfortunately under hot lapping, it faded slightly.
What exactly does that mean? If they are fantastic, then why do they fade? Are they just fantastic for street use only? And here you just wrote:
Originally Posted by GhettoRacer
Brownbo's lol. I like that. Veloce: they are pretty good for stock brakes, just look at the stock braking performance of 60-0 and 80-0. They just aren't sufficient for major track duty... Porsche's have the best stock brakes out of any car maker though. I love them.
So now they're only pretty good. Which is it? IMHO they are adequate for the street, and without modifications, they suck on the track. See my position on them...clear as a bell.

And for a point of clarification, the brakes on my car are what I would call fantastic. 90 minute enduros in 90 degree weather with the exact same performance and pedal travel from the first lap to the last. And I can get 3 or 4 events out of the pads. Fantastic!

In an on-line forum, you are measured on the quality and accuracy of the information you give. If you say that know for certain, then you'd better be right. If you are speculating or embellishing, just say so.
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 01-04-2007, 02:43 PM
Cory M
Drifting

Received 74 Likes on 43 Posts

Old 01-04-2007, 02:48 PM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

ohh gawd. why are you nit picking? obviously it depends on how hard you push the evo8. how about this, for 8/10th driving brownbo are pretty damn good as far as stock brakes go. if you push it 9/10th, they are "pretty good" but can exhibit fades at times...
Old 01-04-2007, 02:55 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ohh gawd. why are you nit picking? obviously it depends on how hard you push the evo8. how about this, for 8/10th driving brownbo's pretty damn good as far as stock brakes go. if you push it 9.5/10th, they are "pretty good" but can exhibit fades at times...
THAT is the point that you miss, it's not nitpicking! And it's not obvious to a lot of beginners who read this stuff. When a novice goes sliding off the end of the straight because you told him that his EVO brakes were fantastic, and then they faded badly on him.....

What are you going to tell him after he wads up his car? "Oh, yeah, I was only talking about 7 or 8/10s. Sorry dude."

And contrary to popular belief, I am not always right. It's just that I learned a long time ago to keep my mouth shut when I wasn't certain. You don't lose too many bets that way either.
Old 01-04-2007, 03:13 PM
cooleyjb
Documenter of Ineptitude
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

So why were you pushing a student's car hard enough to have a 2 wheel off and brake fade issues during a DE? Good example to set.
Old 01-04-2007, 03:37 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,605 Likes on 834 Posts

As I stated--correctly--at anything above cruising or ricer-festival pace, they suck relative to the accelerative & cornering performance of the car. I do not say this blindly--I have extensive experience on several tracks in an Evo with stock brakes, Motul fluid, steel lines, and HT10 pads. And after about 2-3 laps, regardless of weather, they flat go away. The rest of the car is superb, and is an incredible performance tool, especially for the $. But the brakes are all show, no go.

To me, this means they SUCK. To you--at the flaccid pace you obviously drive at on track--they are incredible.

I guess I agree with Larry here: when you act as if you are the authority on track stuff, and post pics of you with famous racer who actually DO have talent, you create an impression that you are grossly misleading those who may be coming to this forum for genuine information.

And that, sir, is NOT nit-picking.
Old 01-04-2007, 08:55 PM
SundayDriver
Lifetime Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I hijacked this thread?
Perhaps you can clearly state
what the topic was?
Old 01-04-2007, 09:00 PM
SundayDriver
Lifetime Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Herman
THAT is the point that you miss, it's not nitpicking! And it's not obvious to a lot of beginners who read this stuff. When a novice goes sliding off the end of the straight because you told him that his EVO brakes were fantastic, and then they faded badly on him.....

What are you going to tell him after he wads up his car? "Oh, yeah, I was only talking about 7 or 8/10s. Sorry dude."

And contrary to popular belief, I am not always right. It's just that I learned a long time ago to keep my mouth shut when I wasn't certain. You don't lose too many bets that way either.
I used to have that concern, but as Frank has become a legendary poster on most all of the auto boards (I guess he has so much time because he has been kicked out of so many DE groups), he has pretty clearly destroyed his credibility - even with the newest of the new. It just becomes harder and harder to imagine ANYONE taking what he says seriously anymore.

Interesting observation about keeping mouths shut. Our strongest contributors all seem to share that same approach - speak up and speak clearly when they know the topic - hang back when they don't and maybe even ask a question or two at the risk of learning something new.

A mentor of mine explained: "You have two eyes, two ears and one mouth - use them in that proportion." I guess Frank was born with one eye, no ears and 400 mouths. LOL
Old 01-04-2007, 09:40 PM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
As I stated--correctly--at anything above cruising or ricer-festival pace, they suck relative to the accelerative & cornering performance of the car. I do not say this blindly--I have extensive experience on several tracks in an Evo with stock brakes, Motul fluid, steel lines, and HT10 pads. And after about 2-3 laps, regardless of weather, they flat go away. The rest of the car is superb, and is an incredible performance tool, especially for the $. But the brakes are all show, no go.

To me, this means they SUCK. To you--at the flaccid pace you obviously drive at on track--they are incredible.

I guess I agree with Larry here: when you act as if you are the authority on track stuff, and post pics of you with famous racer who actually DO have talent, you create an impression that you are grossly misleading those who may be coming to this forum for genuine information.

And that, sir, is NOT nit-picking.
Y'all obvoiusly got an axe to grind. No matter what I say you will find some way to make more arguments... Need I put disclaimers on everything I write. Obviously they are my opinions. Woo hooooo. OMG HI 2U.

Hmm, the point of my original post? My rice burner bucket FF car got higher subjective rating from a well known driver than a "company car", the JIC Magic Porsche 996 Turbo.
Old 01-04-2007, 10:30 PM
Robert Henriksen
Addict
Rennlist Member

V.R., welcome to mud wrestling with a politician! Slippery, ain't he?
Old 01-04-2007, 10:47 PM
Robert Henriksen
Addict
Rennlist Member

I can't BELIEVE I hadn't noticed this emoticon before now. I had to post just to add this:

Quick Reply: AKMEE Engineering EG2 del Sol in American Touge 3 (vs. JIC 996 Turbo)