Notices
GT4/Spyder Discussions about the 981 GT4/Spyder
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

Dundon Motorsports Prototype CCV (Convertible Catted, Valved) 321 SS Rear Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2017, 01:25 AM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 354 Likes on 197 Posts
Default Dundon Motorsports Prototype CCV (Convertible Catted, Valved) 321 SS Rear Exhaust

We're always striving to produce something a bit better, a bit different than what has come before. We wanted to produce an exhaust for our Race Header customers that allowed them to run catalytic converters on the street, take them out when on the track, but also not sacrifice the power produced from their Race Header investment. In addition we wanted to make a muffler that was lighter, retained the sport valves, had easily swappable exhaust tip options (including turn aways), improved the flow of exhaust gasses, configurable sound levels (quiet and louder) and was constructed from the best materials so we could warranty it for a nice long time. In the end we achieved all of these things and we've made the system modular so that it works with more than just our headers, will work with anyones race or catted headers including stock headers, on all 981's. We even added options for post cat 02 bungs for those race headers without them. We're tweaking a few things working on the exchangeable exhaust tips (picture doesn't have this yet).

The system is in beta testing with a few customers (those of you at Thill this weekend look for a Grey GT4...).

Pricing:
Exhaust with test pipes $3950
Exhaust with 200 CPSI Cats: $4750
Exhaust with 200 CPSI Cats, rear 02 bungs, extended wire O2's: $5250

Dundon CCV (Convertible Catted Valved) Exhuast for 981 including GT4, Spyder, GTS, S:
  • 321 Stainless Steel Construction for long trouble free life
  • No changes in HP or Torque compared to Race Headers without cats (small 4-5whp gains in fact on our tests).
  • 200 CPSI Metal Core Catalytic Converters (swappable to available test pipes for track days)
  • Valves included to allow continued use of PSE
  • Swappable Tips (Black Straight or Black Megaphone Slash options included with purchase, Turn aways available)
  • Configurable Sound Levels (can pack mufflers for more sound deadening)
  • Works with Dundon Race Headers, or any system running the stock header flange.
  • 20lbs lighter than the stock PSE rear exhaust

Prototype Dundon 981 CCV Exhaust System

Dundon Race Headers with Dundon CCV Exhaust with 200 CPSI Cats vs Dundon Race Headers, no cats, and Stock Exhaust.

Dundon Race Headers, CCV 200 CPSI Catted Exhaust vs Dundon Race Headers, no cats, Stock PSE Exhaust

Dundon CCV Exhaust with 200 CPSI Cats, Race Headers and Dundon Pro Tune vs Stock.

Dundon Race Headers, CCV Exhaust (200 CPSI Cats), Dundon Pro Tune vs. Stock (Both at 65*F Intake Air Temps)
jamie@dundonmotorsports.com

www.dundonmotorsports.com
Facebook.com/dundonmotorsports
Instagram @dundon_motorsports

Last edited by Jamie@dundonmotorsports; 06-02-2017 at 02:45 AM.
Old 06-02-2017, 01:57 AM
d00d
Rennlist Member

Received 275 Likes on 180 Posts

Nice!
Would like to see the tips, and graphs with the test pipes.
Is the system available without Catalysts?
Old 06-02-2017, 02:17 AM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by d00d
Nice!
Would like to see the tips, and graphs with the test pipes.
Is the system available without Catalysts?
Once the exchangeable tip section is completed we'll get pics up. We'll retest the test pipes, on our shop car after the next system is together. We didn't see significant changes with or without the cats HP/TQ on the GT4 we just tested. The intent of the test pipe is to reduce heat and preserve the life of the cats.

To keep things simple for everyone, the exhaust base price with just test pipes (no Cats) is $3950. Intro price at $3700

For the exhaust with 200 CPSI Cats is $4750.00, intro price $4500

For those race headers with only one 02 bung we offer the catted 200 CPSI system with post cat 02 bungs and extended wire 02 sensors at $5250, intro price $5000

Last edited by Jamie@dundonmotorsports; 06-02-2017 at 02:46 AM.
Old 06-02-2017, 08:37 AM
BillC3
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Once the exchangeable tip section is completed we'll get pics up. We'll retest the test pipes, on our shop car after the next system is together. We didn't see significant changes with or without the cats HP/TQ on the GT4 we just tested. The intent of the test pipe is to reduce heat and preserve the life of the cats.

To keep things simple for everyone, the exhaust base price with just test pipes (no Cats) is $3950. Intro price at $3700

For the exhaust with 200 CPSI Cats is $4750.00, intro price $4500

For those race headers with only one 02 bung we offer the catted 200 CPSI system with post cat 02 bungs and extended wire 02 sensors at $5250, intro price $5000
Any chance you will do a race-headers-and-exhaust package? If so, how much?
Old 06-02-2017, 09:16 AM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

Received 1,457 Likes on 909 Posts

Looking good. Just to make sure...So no change in HP between Catted and Non-catted version?......was this compared to DMS race headers + OEM exhaust vs DMS race headers and the new exhaust?

I see your placement of the cats is right after the wheel bend closer to the mufflers (kind of like 987s).....any cat performance issues having it so far from the header?

Last question...how about a valve-less exhaust that would be more efficient, lower priced and lighter?
Old 06-02-2017, 10:32 AM
thigos
Rennlist Member

Received 338 Likes on 204 Posts

Sweet! Sound clips?
Old 06-02-2017, 01:54 PM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by BillC3
Any chance you will do a race-headers-and-exhaust package? If so, how much?
Yes we will, once we have a few more prototypes finished and tested (making sure we catch any issues before they're in the world...)

Originally Posted by jmartpr
Looking good. Just to make sure...So no change in HP between Catted and Non-catted version?......was this compared to DMS race headers + OEM exhaust vs DMS race headers and the new exhaust?
Yes, this was Dundon Race with Stock Exhaust (no cats) vs Dundon Race with CCV Exhaust with 200CPSI cats

I see your placement of the cats is right after the wheel bend closer to the mufflers (kind of like 987s).....any cat performance issues having it so far from the header?
Compared to the stock location the cat will not be as efficient, that said the cat get's plenty hot to work and be efficient, we can see H2O coming out of the tail pipe very quickly even on cold start

Last question...how about a valve-less exhaust that would be more efficient, lower priced and lighter?
The valves don't effect efficiency, so the only benefit would be a slight weight decrease and significantly more in cabin volume at low cruising RPM's. We can certainly make one, but would be a one off and not returnable as it would be loud...

Originally Posted by thigos
Sweet! Sound clips?
Will get some up!

Trending Topics

Old 06-02-2017, 02:20 PM
d00d
Rennlist Member

The valves don't effect efficiency, so the only benefit would be a slight weight decrease and significantly more in cabin volume at low cruising RPM's. We can certainly make one, but would be a one off and not returnable as it would be loud...
I'd be in for one of these as well, similar to;
https://rennlist.com/forums/gt4/9815...st-system.html

No offense to Fabspeed, but I'd like something Dundon to match my headers.
Old 06-02-2017, 06:17 PM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by d00d
I'd be in for one of these as well, similar to;
https://rennlist.com/forums/gt4/9815...st-system.html

No offense to Fabspeed, but I'd like something Dundon to match my headers.
How about an all Titanium race exhaust with
simple bullet mufflers. We can use the existing jigs and get all the parts together.
Realistically it would be close to the same price
As the 321CCV system, but would be significantly lighter. No cats, no valves just light!!
Old 06-02-2017, 06:37 PM
d00d
Rennlist Member

How about an all Titanium race exhaust with
simple bullet mufflers. We can use the existing jigs and get all the parts together.
Realistically it would be close to the same price
As the 321CCV system, but would be significantly lighter. No cats, no valves just light!!
Perfect, let's do this, thanks Jamie!
Old 06-02-2017, 09:05 PM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Old 06-03-2017, 12:10 AM
O5C4R
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

I wouldn't mind my car being quieter and not losing all that torque from the race headers, I love the sound at the track but police can hear me from miles around in the country, is that possible
Old 06-03-2017, 01:10 AM
Warwick Morris
Pro

Received 238 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by O5C4R
I wouldn't mind my car being quieter and not losing all that torque from the race headers, I love the sound at the track but police can hear me from miles around in the country, is that possible
Hi 05C4R, are you using decatted race headers with standard rear exhaust/muffler arrangement? And it's a noisy still because it's lost the muffling effect of the Cats?
Old 06-03-2017, 01:34 AM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Warwick Morris
Hi 05C4R, are you using decatted race headers with standard rear exhaust/muffler arrangement? And it's a noisy still because it's lost the muffling effect of the Cats?
The stock GT4 is pretty loud with the race headers, it definitely turns heads when you're on it. Completely quiet around town with the stock exhaust.
Old 06-03-2017, 02:10 AM
O5C4R
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Yeah I am Warwick, did ya hear it at the Club super sprint the other week, race headers are awesome at the track, however you were still 2 seconds quicker, good lap times 👍

Wouldn't mind it being quieter on the road without losing the torque

Originally Posted by Warwick Morris

Quick Reply: Dundon Motorsports Prototype CCV (Convertible Catted, Valved) 321 SS Rear Exhaust