Sponsored by: APR

GT4 Jack Points

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2016, 01:50 AM
BRNGT4
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts
Default GT4 Jack Points

As the title says i am looking for information on jack points for the GT4. The search on the forum and net showed 3 spots on the back where a floor jack can be used and non on the front. Right now to get the car on four jackstands i raise the car right behind the drivers door which puts both wheels in the air and then i place a jackstand under the driver front jack stand location. Then i go to the other side and do the same thing. At this point the car is sitting on two jack stands on the front jack stand points (in front of the doors but behind the wheels). Then i go to the back and raise the car from the subframe and place two jack stands behind the drivers door.

This process is cumbersome and i am sure is not something i should be doing often. Is there a better solution to get the car up on four jack stands? and more importantly is there a point on the front where i can use a floor jack to raise the car?
Old 11-29-2016, 09:47 AM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4,721 Likes on 2,691 Posts

Doing a quick search would reveal this thread among others:

https://rennlist.com/forums/gt4/9032...nd-points.html
Old 11-29-2016, 09:56 AM
BRNGT4
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts

I wouldn't have posted if I had not done a good search. I had gone through that post and I actually use the same method described there. What I am looking for is a jack point on the front center.

Originally Posted by GrantG
Doing a quick search would reveal this thread among others:

https://rennlist.com/forums/gt4/9032...nd-points.html
Old 11-29-2016, 10:04 AM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 339 Likes on 208 Posts

I can't think of a jacking point in the front of the GT4... Porsche covers the underside as much as possible for aerodynamics. You would have to remove a panel or 2 just to see what's underneath...and then one can figure out a strong chassis or suspension point where you'd be able to jack up. Forget it...too complicated.
Unfortunately manufacturers today do their best to make it as hard as possible for the average Joe shop or DIY to do work on these cars. Your best bet would be to buy those ridiculously overpriced jackstands,that allow you to place the jack under them,lift up and then lower the car on top of them.
Old 11-29-2016, 12:15 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4,721 Likes on 2,691 Posts

Originally Posted by BRNGT4
I wouldn't have posted if I had not done a good search. I had gone through that post and I actually use the same method described there. What I am looking for is a jack point on the front center.
OK, I didn't mean to be rude . I also think there really is not a good place to jack the front center, but I have never found it necessary with the Jackpoint stands mentioned in my linked thread.
Old 11-29-2016, 02:01 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 988 Likes on 511 Posts

+1 for the Jackpoint stands. I also think the Japoint stands are safer than most stands.
Old 11-29-2016, 10:32 PM
fishing
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Another plus for Jackpoint jack stands. However, they are pricey if you buy 2 pairs and a jack to go with them. I have one pair of stands (which I use in the rear) and use standard jack stands for the front. However, I recently bought a scissor lift, as I think this is the best option, even for the price, to service wheels, brakes, suspension, etc.

Last edited by fishing; 11-30-2016 at 12:29 AM.
Old 11-29-2016, 10:46 PM
orclean1
Pro

Received 80 Likes on 50 Posts
Default jack stand problem solved

this is the only way to roll or in this case lift LOL LOL
http://www.jackpointjackstands.com/
Old 11-30-2016, 07:50 PM
richardbf
Rennlist Member

Received 260 Likes on 130 Posts

Jackpoint stands are cool but at the price I am much more inclined to just get the quickjack instead. I feel like I'd get more use out of that.
Old 12-01-2016, 02:13 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,482 Likes on 2,269 Posts

its very easy
jack car up from rear jacking ponit,
put stands at front jack point and rear sub frame
repeat the other side
you only jack up 2x (1x each side)
dont make this too hard...
Old 12-01-2016, 07:49 AM
okie981
Rennlist Member

Received 606 Likes on 415 Posts

Not aware of a safe, single jackpoint on the front of the 981/991 cars other than the two OEM points behind the front wheels. One might be accessible by removing aero panel(s).

I use these: www.liftbars.com

Downside is they are not easily transportable in your car to/from track if that's your intended use. Long and heavy to fit in the car, and need some packing to prevent damaging your car interior.

Other than that, they work great. One low profile floor jack, four jackstands, and one jacking operation each side to have your car up.

JackPoint stands are sweet, and priced accordingly.

Last edited by okie981; 12-01-2016 at 03:05 PM. Reason: Clarified reference to forward jack points.
Old 12-01-2016, 01:12 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 988 Likes on 511 Posts

Nice product. I had never heard of them.
Old 12-01-2016, 01:16 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by okie981
Not aware of a safe jackpoint on the front of the 981/991 cars. One might be accessible by removing aero panel(s).

I use these: www.liftbars.com

Downside is they are not easily transportable in your car to/from track if that's your intended use. Long and heavy to fit in the car, and need some packing to prevent damaging your car interior.

Other than that, they work great. One low profile floor jack, four jackstands, and one jacking operation each side to have your car up.

JackPoint stands are sweet, and priced accordingly.
front jack point is immediately behind front tire
Old 12-01-2016, 03:03 PM
okie981
Rennlist Member

Received 606 Likes on 415 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
front jack point is immediately behind front tire
Yes sir, one each side, but the OP in their original post referred to these OEM designated front jack points, so I thought the OP was looking for a single jack point in the front, like between the front wheels or under the frunk.

OP post #1:
Originally Posted by BRNGT4
... i raise the car right behind the drivers door which puts both wheels in the air and then i place a jackstand under the driver front jack stand location. Then i go to the other side and do the same thing. At this point the car is sitting on two jack stands on the front jack stand points (in front of the doors but behind the wheels).
Old 12-01-2016, 11:56 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

^ ah understood now.
and u are rigth, there is no such SINGLE point

Quick Reply: GT4 Jack Points